Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • juicybutton
    • 20th Apr 11, 11:21 AM
    • 20th Apr 11, 11:21 AM
    B&M bargains have Loratadine for 79p a pack
  • easy2
    • 20th Apr 11, 12:41 PM
    cheap tabs
    • 20th Apr 11, 12:41 PM
    Wilkinson's own brand cetirizine and loratadine tabs. 75p for 14
    Be careful though because they also do packs of 7 for 88p at the checkouts
  • storm3
    • 20th Apr 11, 1:01 PM
    Pirton on line.
    • 20th Apr 11, 1:01 PM
    Recently brought Piriton on line with Chemist Direct.co.uk paid about 4.75 for 60 in a pack.Was only allowed to buy 2 packs though,not sure why.Thought this was a good deal though.
    Last edited by storm3; 20-04-2011 at 1:03 PM.
  • EHL123
    • 20th Apr 11, 2:13 PM
    • 20th Apr 11, 2:13 PM
    A number of the online pharmacies sell bottles of 500 standard Piriton tablets for under 10 - including the Chemist4U site linked to on this week's email. It's actual Pirton, not an own-brand equivalent, the difference being that the tablets just come loose in a big bottle rather than in the little blister packs. But it works out much cheaper than any of the smaller non-branded packs, even when they're on offer (2p per tablet). You can't get big packs of the non-drowsy or one-a-day ones though, just the standard ones.

• spugzbunny
    • By spugzbunny 20th Apr 11, 2:19 PM
    • 1,150 Posts
    • 2,045 Thanks
    spugzbunny
    • 20th Apr 11, 2:19 PM
    • 20th Apr 11, 2:19 PM
    Can't remember the name of the brand but it's the same as the one they sell in the shop. Loratadine at Aldi is 69p for 14.
  • A Popham
    • 20th Apr 11, 4:16 PM
    • 20th Apr 11, 4:16 PM
    Sainsbury's do own-brand Cetirizine in packets of 30 cheap (but can't remember price) not on display, ask at Pharmacy.
  • Sam_26
    • 20th Apr 11, 6:02 PM
    • 20th Apr 11, 6:02 PM
    The pots of 500 Piriton are available to purchase and offer a vast saving on Piriton 30s and 60s, but as they are loose in a tub and have no child resistant top, I would not advise any families with children to purchase them.

Thanks

A number of the online pharmacies sell bottles of 500 standard Piriton tablets for under 10 - including the Chemist4U site linked to on this week's email. It's actual Pirton, not an own-brand equivalent, the difference being that the tablets just come loose in a big bottle rather than in the little blister packs. But it works out much cheaper than any of the smaller non-branded packs, even when they're on offer (2p per tablet). You can't get big packs of the non-drowsy or one-a-day ones though, just the standard ones.

Originally posted by EHL123
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Chemist-4-u. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • jadangel2001
    • By jadangel2001 20th Apr 11, 7:21 PM
    • 14 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    jadangel2001
    • 20th Apr 11, 7:21 PM
    • 20th Apr 11, 7:21 PM
    Sam_26 since you work for chemist 4 u, this weeks email said we'd get free delivery, and it's trying to charge me 3 on checkout...any help please?
    January - peroni coaster
    • littlerat
    • By littlerat 20th Apr 11, 8:44 PM
    • 1,672 Posts
    • 3,157 Thanks
    littlerat
    Oneclickpharmacy have got packs of 30 Loratadine 10mg (non drowsy, the same as likes of tesco, sainsburys cheap non drowsy) for 60p. Postage is 2.85 tho, but may still be worth it if buying other bits or in bulk. I've bought 6 packs So I have loads now. If you buy 6 packs, even with postage it works out at approx 50p/14 tablets (as opposed to 75p-1 in supermarkets).

Linky!
  • Sam_26
    We have free postage enabled on all our hayfever products, as well as orders over 20.00. If you private message or use the contact us with the products you are purchasing, as you must be not qualifying within these criteria.

Sam_26 since you work for chemist 4 u, this weeks email said we'd get free delivery, and it's trying to charge me 3 on checkout...any help please?
    Originally posted by jadangel2001
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Chemist-4-u. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • xoxo
    • By xoxo 20th Apr 11, 10:02 PM
    • 875 Posts
    • 6,588 Thanks
    xoxo
    We have free postage enabled on all our hayfever products, as well as orders over 20.00. If you private message or use the contact us with the products you are purchasing, as you must be not qualifying within these criteria.
    Originally posted by Sam_26
    im having the same problem at the moment (being charged 3 postage) despite having "Beclometasone Hayfever Relief Nasal Spray 200 Dose" in my basket.

No option to PM you
  • JAH
    im having the same problem at the moment (being charged 3 postage) despite having "Beclometasone Hayfever Relief Nasal Spray 200 Dose" in my basket.

No option to PM you
    Originally posted by xoxo
    I have found that having any item in your basket that isn't a Hayfever remedy, disqualifies you from the free delivery offer! In my case, once I removed the offending item, the free delivery was duly applied.
  • piranha
    piriton at boots
    as i am wary of buying from online chemists boots shops have 60 piriton for about 6 pounds.
    • jadangel2001
    • By jadangel2001 21st Apr 11, 8:22 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    jadangel2001
    Damnit, I waited till this morning to get reply on postage and now they're out of stock!! Any idea when they'll getmore in Sam?
    January - peroni coaster
    • ljaneyr
    • By ljaneyr 21st Apr 11, 8:26 AM
    • 1,128 Posts
    • 6,828 Thanks
    ljaneyr
    Hi All,

I have just discovered Beclometasone nasal spray as a cheap alternative to Beconase. Just wondered if anyone had any advice or experience of this as I have not tried it before?

Already taking cheap citirizine and eye drops but cheap Beconase would more than halve my hayfever order!

Thanks
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett

Bought our house 2012 Married 2015 Started renovating 2015
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
    • jadangel2001
    • By jadangel2001 21st Apr 11, 8:46 AM
    • 14 Posts
    • 376 Thanks
    jadangel2001
    Just found chemistdirect and they have Clarityn Sub Loratadine 6 months supply for 3.29 and delivery 3.49 so if you were going to order 6 months worth from chemist 4 u it's not much more expensive, and since they're in stock you'll be able to order straight away! I can't post links as I'm too new but they're easy to find in medicines, and hafever section, and site is seacrchable on google. Hope this helps!
    January - peroni coaster
  • Brookvale
    If you want to build up more of a natural resistance to hayfever, then try having a tea spoon of LOCALLY produced honey, made by LOCAL bees.

Apparently pollen is not the same everywhere and by eating honey produced by bees subjected to the same pollen types that is triggering your hayfever.

Most of us are quite happy to pop some pills, but for the rest of you or especially for kids this is more of a natural long game solution.

So the old wives tell me anyway!
    • poorly scammo
    • By poorly scammo 21st Apr 11, 2:55 PM
    • 32,062 Posts
    • 66,699 Thanks
    poorly scammo
    A teaspoon of local honey every day will boost immunity.
    4.30: conduct pigeon orchestra...
  • TheRivieraKid
    Loratadine 10mg 30box is 59p (3.49 delivery under 40) at chemistdirect co uk

Oops - first post and realised jadangel2001 had posted same info worded differently! sry
    Last edited by TheRivieraKid; 21-04-2011 at 6:34 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

184Posts Today

2,647Users online

Martin's Twitter