Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • Finishrich
    • By Finishrich 29th Mar 11, 9:18 PM
    • 1,031 Posts
    • 280 Thanks
    Finishrich
    • 29th Mar 11, 9:18 PM
    • 29th Mar 11, 9:18 PM
    The last 3 teeth have been worth $5, 1 & 2. It just depends which tooth fairy comes!!

• LillythePink
    • 29th Mar 11, 9:19 PM
    • 29th Mar 11, 9:19 PM
    Dds's first tooth was worth 2 from us - but her grandad gave her 5 as well!

Since then, it's been 1 each - but it ended when she was 9!
    • peachyprice
    • By peachyprice 29th Mar 11, 9:22 PM
    • 19,890 Posts
    • 46,040 Thanks
    peachyprice
    • 29th Mar 11, 9:22 PM
    • 29th Mar 11, 9:22 PM
    All mine have had 2 for the first tooth and 1 each for subsequent teeth. One of my boys last teeth to fall out was a front one when he was 14. DD is 9, still another 8 to go.
    Last edited by Former MSE Penelope; 01-04-2011 at 4:38 PM.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • rachbc
    • 29th Mar 11, 9:25 PM
    • 29th Mar 11, 9:25 PM
    my ds it was 50p but that was about 7 yrs ago now - dd not lost any yet
    • balletshoes
    • By balletshoes 29th Mar 11, 9:27 PM
    • 16,089 Posts
    • 41,069 Thanks
    balletshoes
    • 29th Mar 11, 9:27 PM
    • 29th Mar 11, 9:27 PM
    My DD is nearly 10, has loads more baby teeth to come out, and the tooth fairy gives 1 a tooth.
    Last edited by Former MSE Penelope; 01-04-2011 at 4:42 PM.
  • mummyplus3
    • 29th Mar 11, 9:28 PM
    • 29th Mar 11, 9:28 PM
    it will be one pound a tooth

• roadiegirl
    • 29th Mar 11, 9:31 PM
    • 29th Mar 11, 9:31 PM
    I got 50p a tooth, and got 10 when the Tooth Fairy rang the dentist and told him that "I'd been such a good girl brushing my teeth every day, he needed to take some out so she could give me some more pennies", although, I do think there might be something not quite right with that story....
    • currantbun
    • By currantbun 29th Mar 11, 10:02 PM
    • 143 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    currantbun
    • 29th Mar 11, 10:02 PM
    • 29th Mar 11, 10:02 PM
    Like many other posters, our tooth fairy pays 2 for the first tooth and then 1 each after that. DS2 has had 3 in 4 days having lost 3 top front teeth in a row!!
    • SailorSam
    • By SailorSam 29th Mar 11, 10:07 PM
    • 21,173 Posts
    • 36,772 Thanks
    SailorSam
    When one of my teeth came out, i left it under the pillow and the fairy hadn't been, the tooth was still there.
    Then to make matters worse i went the dentist and ............ He charged me.
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
    • Violetta
    • By Violetta 29th Mar 11, 10:11 PM
    • 3,536 Posts
    • 5,369 Thanks
    Violetta
    Usually 2 & a special new girly pink toothbrush. For her 1st one she also got a little miss book & a teeny wee card hand made by the tooth fairy (aka as magic mum)
    Booo!!!
    • lauren_1
    • By lauren_1 29th Mar 11, 10:14 PM
    • 1,984 Posts
    • 5,256 Thanks
    lauren_1
    First tooth was 1, 2nd 3rd and 4th 1 too, then dd tried to pull a tooth out then placed bits of screwed up paper to look like teeth in hope she would get some more money. Then the tooth fairy forgot to visit the 5th tooth (i fell asleep) and we came clean about it.

she got a book about the tooth fairy from my mum with number 1.

Ds1 has yet to loose a tooth, ds2 has yet to get a tooth
    • kouloura
    • By kouloura 29th Mar 11, 10:21 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    kouloura
    tooth fairy
    Our tooth fairy paid 5 euros for the first and 2 for each tooth after. It was only 5 euros for the first as we were on holiday and there wasn't a lot you could buy with less money!
    It seems like once one tooth falls out though it starts a chaiin reaction and they all start falling out - especially if they get wobbled for more money!
  • Vaila
    50p is what I used to get, ie a piece of silver in return for a tooth
    • Becles
    • By Becles 29th Mar 11, 10:40 PM
    • 12,864 Posts
    • 26,180 Thanks
    Becles
    It's always been 1 a tooth here.

When my brother got to the age when he doubted the tooth fairy's existence, he decided to blu-tak the tooth to the ceiling above his bed. Somehow my Mam managed to get up there without waking him and stuck the coin to the ceiling
    Here I go again on my own....
    • Money maker
    • By Money maker 29th Mar 11, 10:43 PM
    • 5,111 Posts
    • 11,629 Thanks
    Money maker
    1 a tooth here. But they must be really shiny ones, I used to put all the shiny ones away and use those.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed.

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite!
    • beccah
    • By beccah 29th Mar 11, 10:45 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 778 Thanks
    beccah
    we pay 2 for the 1st tooth and 1 for each tooth after that
  • zippybungle
    The tooth fairy that visits our house leaves 1 and sometimes a little gift such as a new toothbrush/toothpaste (fancy one with a character on)

Zippy x
    Busy working Mum of 3
    • jax1305
    • By jax1305 29th Mar 11, 11:42 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    jax1305
    it's 1 a tooth but the first one was 5 because the tooth fairy had a difficult job retrieving it - tooth was accidentally swallowed so she had to magic herself into the digestive system! The life of a tooth fairy isn't all glitter and glam!!
    anyone know if the same applies to son's adult teeth about to be extracted due to overcrowding? he's only 12 - so it seems fair to expect her to call but can adult teeth be ground down into magic fairy dust (for Santa to use) in the same way that baby teeth are?
  • Lottie Clements
    20p a tooth (still got the 1st 20p ), I'm 23 now, so I don't know if that's good or bad. One of my friend's kids got 10 recently(!), I was seriously disgusted by that.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

1,767Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin