Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • vansboy
    • By vansboy 3rd Apr 05, 6:29 PM
    • 6,310 Posts
    • 4,783 Thanks
    vansboy
    • 3rd Apr 05, 6:29 PM
    • 3rd Apr 05, 6:29 PM
    Yep! Looks like an offer thats worth taking up - you do NEED to register for it, so don't put off doing so!!

Heres the info from www.o2.co.uk
    Here's very simply how...

Text REWARD to 50202 and start earning today.

Every time you top-up, you'll be earning 10% back and we'll text you to tell you how much free calltime you've built up and how to claim it at the end of the quarter.

If you simply can't wait to find out how much you're earning, text BALANCE to 50202 anytime and we'll let you know.

The more you top-up, the more you get back. There's no minimum top-up or time limits and the maximum you can get back is 150 a quarter, so that's up to 600 a year.

Just text REWARD to 50202 and make loyalty more rewarding.

Terms and Conditions apply

& don't forget to Top Up in Boots for the Advantage card points. If you print a 'TotalSpend' voucher in the machine, in store, you'll get even MORE points, too!!

VB

VB
  • fisheddie
    • 4th Apr 05, 3:22 PM
    • 4th Apr 05, 3:22 PM
    just to say the actually full URL is here:

http://www.o2.co.uk/o2rewards10

Full T&Cs link on the bottom of the page
  • advantage_card
    • 4th Apr 05, 4:23 PM
    • 4th Apr 05, 4:23 PM
    I am visually impaired so cannot text so obviously will not be able to join in and enjoy this scheme, as you have to A text to opt-in and then obviously they will text you to say when to get the rewards and then text you to make sure you sue them up, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Need to put money on the phone, but Boots won't tell you in advance when triple points is!
    my advantage_card is like gold dush
  • fisheddie
    • 5th Apr 05, 10:58 AM
    • 5th Apr 05, 10:58 AM
    I am visually impaired so cannot text
    by advantage_card

i am sorry to hear that. hm... i was passing by an O2 shop earlier on today and poped in to ask if i can call to get the 10% offer. Answer - Yes but NO.

1. you have to text in 'reward' to 50202(for free) to be eligible customer, try to go in to a phone shop or get a friend and ask them to text it for you.
    2. by the end of each quarter they will send you a text telling how much you have got.
    3. you will need to get back in 2 months to get the reward by texting 'claim' to 50202 or CALL 310, both call and text is free.

hope u enjoy the little extra(most importantly its free)!!!
  • advantage_card
    • 5th Apr 05, 3:38 PM
    • 5th Apr 05, 3:38 PM
    thanks for trying to help - i just dont see the texts they send me so thought it was pointless joining in a tex-based scheme, but i might get me mum to do it now.

was having a job seeing my balance of how much i had so ended up asking in the shop, and they gave me a number to get a voice balance which was good of them.

c'mon boots let it be triple points, i haven't put money on my phone since the triple points the week before CHRISTMAS! now i need to, but they haven't announced it yet!
    my advantage_card is like gold dush
  • fisheddie
    • 6th Apr 05, 1:00 AM
    • 6th Apr 05, 1:00 AM
    thought it was a triple point weekend back in about a month ago... hm... that is actually something to look into!

by the way, i never read anything sent from O2, that s whole lot of rubbish, i do not need to know how much i have earned as long as it s added up to the account at the end!
    • ashmit
    • By ashmit 6th Apr 05, 6:18 PM
    • 622 Posts
    • 213 Thanks
    ashmit
    • 6th Apr 05, 6:18 PM
    • 6th Apr 05, 6:18 PM
    Does anyone know if this is available to people on the 300 free texts a month tariff? I don't want to text in case doing that gives me this offer instead of as well.
  • alisonvt
    • 6th Apr 05, 6:29 PM
    • 6th Apr 05, 6:29 PM
    Thanks Thats me signed up
  • fisheddie
    i am pretty sure it is open to all, will ask for you when next time passing a O2 shop. and will PM u the answer!
    • SALOPMAN
    • By SALOPMAN 6th Apr 05, 11:17 PM
    • 504 Posts
    • 2,443 Thanks
    SALOPMAN
    I am getting 4 FREE 02 Sim cards which give this free 300 texts for 10 PAYG top up - if anyone interested I will post them one (First come first served lol)
  • Scooby_Saver
    Payg
    HI,

Its open to ALL PAYG customers after watching the advert properly even the ones using the 300 texts pacakge like myself ;-)
    Tell it as it should be....
  • ilovefreebies
    Could be very worth while
    • finlay
    • By finlay 7th Apr 05, 9:24 AM
    • 361 Posts
    • 1,404 Thanks
    finlay
    I'm on the 300 texts per month payg and it worked for me
    Snootchie Bootchies!
  • Seymour the Fractal Cat
    O2 have a new tarif for online customers. Instead of 300 text messages you can switch to 100 any time, any network minutes of free calls and messages.

Your monthly top-up of 10 gets you 100 credits. 1 minute or 1 text uses one credit. Great for me as I could never use all 300 texts but I do spend quite a bit on calls.
  • Jase1985
    I recently joined this tariff....purely for the 300 free texts (i dont call often)...and i was just curious as to if there was a count of how many txts you have left?
    Ive been txting since i topped up and my credit hasnt moved aside from the few calls i made...so...is there a counter or do you just keep going til your credit starts going down?

Thanks
    • bbb_uk
    • By bbb_uk 8th Apr 05, 9:13 AM
    • 2,099 Posts
    • 488 Thanks
    bbb_uk
    I recently joined this tariff....purely for the 300 free texts (i dont call often)...and i was just curious as to if there was a count of how many txts you have left?
    Ive been txting since i topped up and my credit hasnt moved aside from the few calls i made...so...is there a counter or do you just keep going til your credit starts going down?

Thanks
    by Jase1985
    Some Nokia phones have text counters (3510, 3510i, 6230 & 6230i) but not sure about others. They can normally be found in the call register/counter menu, under message/text counter.

Apart from the above then its wait until you start getting charged for the texts or email them and ask them. As far as I'm aware there is no network feature/command, etc for determining how many texts have been used.
  • adanhaalgr
    Hi
    jep I've just got my txt back from 02 to say that I am getting the offer as well.

Angela
    • Tony H
    • By Tony H 13th Apr 05, 4:36 PM
    • 2,515 Posts
    • 427 Thanks
    Tony H
    Vodafone offer 10% on topups over 15.00 Click Here

&

Orange offer 10% on topups via Direct Debit any value Click Here

Hope this is useful
  • Delboy70y
    This has all been very interesting as I got a SIM from ebay recently and I am txting other half for free in South Africa, How don't know, and don't care keeps telling me balance is the same, if I txed in uk charges 20p ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,034Posts Today

6,786Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin