Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • teedy23
    • By teedy23 22nd Sep 06, 10:40 AM
    • 1,993 Posts
    • 4,683 Thanks
    teedy23
    • 22nd Sep 06, 10:40 AM
    • 22nd Sep 06, 10:40 AM
    bought boots brand single use cameras bogof,used them,took them back to boots for processing @£2.99 recieved 200 points for each camera therefore each film processed for 99p. RESULT
  • Labradoodle11
    • 22nd Sep 06, 11:47 AM
    Boots Xmas Catalogue
    • 22nd Sep 06, 11:47 AM
    Does anyone know if the boots Xmas Catalogue is available in the shops yet?
  • V Chic Chick
    • 6th Oct 06, 9:40 PM
    • 6th Oct 06, 9:40 PM
    by Labradoodle11
    I believe they are now
    • liz545
    • By liz545 6th Oct 06, 9:54 PM
    • 1,713 Posts
    • 16,706 Thanks
    liz545
    • 6th Oct 06, 9:54 PM
    • 6th Oct 06, 9:54 PM
    by Labradoodle11
    yep, got mine today, it's one of the highlights of my year!!!
  • Katuska
    • 20th Oct 06, 2:25 PM
    • 20th Oct 06, 2:25 PM
    Hi,

Sorry anybody knows the URL for the Savers web site?

Thanks.
    • jimbow25
    • By jimbow25 28th Oct 06, 10:30 AM
    • 321 Posts
    • 115 Thanks
    jimbow25
    • 28th Oct 06, 10:30 AM
    • 28th Oct 06, 10:30 AM
    I worked in Boots over Xmas 2005, can't say I have any huge insider knowledge though in terms of photo processing:
    • They're certainly not the cheapest place to get photos developed (£2.99 for 27 photos over 6 days in most stores, rising to £5.99 for 27 photos in 1 hour) but you always get 100 bonus points (i.e. £1 in points) for taking a Boots brand film back there to be processed. Teedy23's post suggests they may sometimes offer 200 points now.
    • If you want to buy camera film and are happy with Boots's own brand (inc. the 100 points processing offer), ignore the tempting looking 3 for 2 on single packs and seek out the bags of 5 films, I know 5 35mm films were £7.50 when I worked there vs. something like £5.98 for 3 using the other offer! Can't remember if they were 24 or 36 films.The 5 packs were always a hit hidden away in my store but you always get the 100 point offer on that as well.
    • Look out for the £1 extra set/photos on a CD offers that often run when using 1 hour processing vs the normal price of £2, if you want one of these anyway you're effectively getting 1 hour service for the price of 24 hours.
    • The digital photos were often on long-term promotion at 7p each if you get 100 or more processed from a CD/memory card in the lab which I believe is equivalent to what Jessops and the other places offer, plus you're getting the advantage points too.

Non-photo tips which springs to mind at the moment:
    • Pre-Christmas last year they did "get a £5 voucher when you spend over £X" (£15 or £20 I think) for about 2 weeks which could be spent on almost anything, in the following 2 weeks, I think it was called a "Bonus Voupon". It was meant to encourage people to come back and do some more Xmas shopping there. The reason I bring this up is that you could earn the voucher through mobile phone top-ups, so top up your phone £20 and you got a free £5 to spend the next week. The 2 periods for the vouchers were the second half of October and the first half of November I believe, then they did the triple points promotion, I'm not sure how that ties in with this year.
    • When you use the points ATM make sure it knows you're happy to recieve offers in the post, then you'll get a 2 use double points coupon (and some others) every now and then. Using the double points coupon AND qualifying for triple points during one of those promotions gives you 4* points.

Sorry the above is a bit vague I literally haven't had a chance to go back since I left in March, I imagine most of the offers are the same though I'm not sure what Voupon promotion they have planned if any. Hope this may be of some help.

EDIT: Sorry I've just realised a couple of those points aren't directly to do with the Advantage points. Will delete them if this is considered "off-topic" advice!
    Last edited by jimbow25; 28-10-2006 at 10:34 AM.
  • Necromancer
    • 24th Dec 06, 8:05 PM
    • 24th Dec 06, 8:05 PM
    Not sure if this will work in all boots but at a recent triple points weekend I purchased some vouchers (100) and used my advantage card and gained roughly 12 quid in points. I then spent the vouchers over the weekend again receiving roughly 12 quid. 24 quid off effectively. I just bought loads of little gifts from boots and most of them paid for on points!

Merry Chrimbo
    Regards

Necro
  • littleredheadedgirl'75
    • 6th Mar 07, 11:41 PM
    • 6th Mar 07, 11:41 PM
    could we use this for discussin everything Boots?
  • SPANIEL36
    Originally posted by Labradoodle11
    I work for boots (although currently off) normally they come into store aroud middle of september ready to go out on the stands start of october. If they are out any sooner... BONUS
  • SPANIEL36
    Not sure if this will work in all boots but at a recent triple points weekend I purchased some vouchers (100) and used my advantage card and gained roughly 12 quid in points. I then spent the vouchers over the weekend again receiving roughly 12 quid. 24 quid off effectively. I just bought loads of little gifts from boots and most of them paid for on points!

Merry Chrimbo
    Originally posted by Necromancer

As mentioned before i work for boots. you dont gain points for buying gift vouchers or gift cards.....sorry.
    • Ziggy Stardust
    • By Ziggy Stardust 14th Jul 07, 8:10 PM
    • 1,407 Posts
    • 931 Thanks
    Ziggy Stardust
    Can you get points for top ups on your mobile phone?
  • SPANIEL36
    Can you get points for top ups on your mobile phone?
    Originally posted by Ziggy Stardust
    if you mean gain points when you buy a top up then yes, dont forget to use the ACM's to get total spend vouchers
    • Ziggy Stardust
    • By Ziggy Stardust 15th Jul 07, 8:38 AM
    • 1,407 Posts
    • 931 Thanks
    Ziggy Stardust
    if you mean gain points when you buy a top up then yes, dont forget to use the ACM's to get total spend vouchers
    Originally posted by SPANIEL36
    What are the ACMs?
    • FloFlo
    • By FloFlo 15th Jul 07, 8:55 AM
    • 32,186 Posts
    • 211,356 Thanks
    FloFlo
    Advantage card machines.
    • another
    • By another 28th Jul 07, 5:27 PM
    • 55 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    another
    christmas points
    ok so i have used boots for the past 2 years to do my christmas shopping online. its great i avoid the crush for christmas, i get thousands of points that i get to use all the way through the year on birthdays etc.Also it stops me being tempted while im out shopping and i dont overspend and can take advantage of the three for twos... BRILLIANT!!!!
    • Bargain Bunny
    • By Bargain Bunny 29th Jul 07, 6:36 PM
    • 448 Posts
    • 948 Thanks
    Bargain Bunny
    Hi,

The xmas catalogues are normally out in October time...bit early to be out now? anyone got a pic of them??
    BB
    • Violetta
    • By Violetta 29th Jul 07, 9:42 PM
    • 3,536 Posts
    • 5,369 Thanks
    Violetta
    Hi,

The xmas catalogues are normally out in October time...bit early to be out now? anyone got a pic of them??
    BB
    Originally posted by Bargain Bunny
    Looks like a time gap in the thread Labradoodle11 who asked re the Xmas catalogue did ask in September 06. Confusing or what.:confused:
  • sheahoney
    Did anyone do their christmas present shopping online this year? i landed a good deal a few week back when it said spend 20 on ulay products and get 1000 in points, i was in my element, i have 5 sisters, and lots of neices, i was getting the moisturizers, and the wipes, and everyone will be happy to have ulay, and i will be happy to buy perfume in Jan sale with my points.

I also got the shower gels bogof offers and bought loads of them, i saved quite alot of money last month buying off the online boots.

If anyone knows of another points from boots coming up that can match that i be really pleased, i am addicted to boots!

*Please note i am new so i hope i am adding this in the right place - i have lurked for months and read everyone's messages, so unlurked, and wanting to join in now*
  • sheahoney
    I have a quick question...

I have just been reading on a review site about boots advantage card, is it true the points are only on the card for a year and then they are dissolved?

This is the quote i am reading...

The only downside to this is that your advantage card points expire within one year, however, having never had any on my card for that long ? I cannot vouch for this personally)

I am like what, oh no, panic, surely thats wrong?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

334Posts Today

2,029Users online

Martin's Twitter