Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Guy
    • By MSE Guy 8th Dec 10, 11:00 AM
    • 1,628Posts
    • 1,255Thanks
    MSE Guy
    MSE News: Which energy firms have the worst customer service?
    • 8th Dec 10, 11:00 AM
    MSE News: Which energy firms have the worst customer service? 8th Dec 10 at 11:00 AM
    This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Three of the biggest power companies have been given just two stars by a consumer watchdog in a new complaints table ..."

Page 1
    • alzy
    • By alzy 8th Dec 10, 11:14 AM
    • 20 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    alzy
    • 8th Dec 10, 11:14 AM
    • 8th Dec 10, 11:14 AM
    We were with one of the bottom three and switched to another one also on the bottom three

The experience with the previous one wasn't too bad. Response times were good, prompt actions, etc.

Hopefully the new one is also good as well (but I just hope we won't have any issues in the first place)
    • backfoot
    • By backfoot 8th Dec 10, 11:39 AM
    • 2,680 Posts
    • 2,215 Thanks
    backfoot
    • 8th Dec 10, 11:39 AM
    • 8th Dec 10, 11:39 AM
    Npower oh dear .

They are so bad that even when I am not a Customer they can manage to generate a serious complaint concerning their dubious sales marketing processes.

Even then the complaint process took miles longer than their own written guidelines.

They truly deserve the acolade as the very worst of the worst.
    Last edited by backfoot; 08-12-2010 at 12:49 PM.
    • michaels
    • By michaels 8th Dec 10, 1:28 PM
    • 22,706 Posts
    • 104,157 Thanks
    michaels
    • 8th Dec 10, 1:28 PM
    • 8th Dec 10, 1:28 PM
    Yes - I was about to ask which money saving website haves the worst sub editor?

Surely the title should be 'has' not 'is' ?????? (on the latest news box)
    Originally posted by MDstalker
    Cool heads and compromise
  • bilbocroft
    • 8th Dec 10, 1:37 PM
    Christine McGourty
    • 8th Dec 10, 1:37 PM
    She takes the biscuit - never knowingly providing a straight answer to a straight question! What a find for the power companies but what a disappointment for consumers that the expert journalists can't pin her down and at least get the representative for the power companies to recognise the problems and distress caused by these smug, too powerful companies.

Why has the chap that identified the serious Npower gas billing errors not had a substantial reward for saving so many consumers so much money?
    • Paulgonnabedebtfree
    • By Paulgonnabedebtfree 9th Dec 10, 10:38 AM
    • 2,703 Posts
    • 28,940 Thanks
    Paulgonnabedebtfree
    • 9th Dec 10, 10:38 AM
    • 9th Dec 10, 10:38 AM
    I'm not surprised to see that NPower rated poorly. I even gave up trying to complain over the phone because no-one would answer it.
    I recently switched to Scottish Power - another 2 star performer apparently. Ah well! That's life.
    They all seem to have great customer service when they want your business and it's downhill from there onwards.
    • undaunted
    • By undaunted 9th Dec 10, 12:42 PM
    • 1,862 Posts
    • 964 Thanks
    undaunted
    • 9th Dec 10, 12:42 PM
    • 9th Dec 10, 12:42 PM
    Npower, bottom of the table.... surely not?

The obnly surprising thing I can see there is that they actually managed to get two stars!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

415Posts Today

4,980Users online

Martin's Twitter