Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • superpete
    • 22nd Nov 10, 12:47 PM
    • 22nd Nov 10, 12:47 PM
    Hey all,
    Makes perfect sense I tend to come here each week day. I wonder if most people use this site as much as me? (or am i a bit of an addict)

pete
    • JimmyTheWig
    • By JimmyTheWig 22nd Nov 10, 1:21 PM
    • 11,861 Posts
    • 11,398 Thanks
    JimmyTheWig
    • 22nd Nov 10, 1:21 PM
    • 22nd Nov 10, 1:21 PM
    Martin, we need a graph!
    • Discogod
    • By Discogod 22nd Nov 10, 1:59 PM
    • 300 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    Discogod
    • 22nd Nov 10, 1:59 PM
    • 22nd Nov 10, 1:59 PM
    Yeah martin, please post charts for each day & traffic over the course of the week.

Also interested to know how each month compares too... does it get busier around Dec/Jan?

No course-work is complete without charts Martin, could do better (you got til 9am tomorrow :P)
    • bethesda
    • By bethesda 22nd Nov 10, 2:04 PM
    • 519 Posts
    • 3,344 Thanks
    bethesda
    • 22nd Nov 10, 2:04 PM
    obviously some people have too much time on their hands........
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 22nd Nov 10, 2:04 PM
    • 8,115 Posts
    • 42,285 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    I know I like graphs too!

I did want to post one, but the one we have is a rolling one, and therefore there's no print function as its changing all the time

Though for midweek days it is remarkable similar to the picture of the bactrian camel.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
    • pavlovs_dog
    • By pavlovs_dog 22nd Nov 10, 6:34 PM
    • 9,813 Posts
    • 24,059 Thanks
    pavlovs_dog
    • 22nd Nov 10, 6:34 PM
    • 22nd Nov 10, 6:34 PM
    i feel like such a geek for enjoying things like this
    know thyself

Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • jamesd
    • 22nd Nov 10, 7:26 PM
    • 22nd Nov 10, 7:26 PM
    Yes, some of us are uber-geeks and want to see the Ganglia or Nagios information, and know how to read it. Though I'm personally more interested in the MySQL stats. A one week ganglia graph would probably be stable enough.
    • JimmyTheWig
    • By JimmyTheWig 23rd Nov 10, 8:15 AM
    • 11,861 Posts
    • 11,398 Thanks
    JimmyTheWig
    • 23rd Nov 10, 8:15 AM
    • 23rd Nov 10, 8:15 AM
    the one we have is a rolling one, and therefore there's no print function as its changing all the time
    Originally posted by MSE Martin
    Martin,

On any Windows screen, hold down the Alt button on your keyboard (normally to the left of the space bar) and press the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard (normally in a space in the top right of the keyboard, near "Scroll Lock").
    This will copy the contents of the current screen onto your clipboard so you can go into Paint (or otherwise) and do a Paste (from the Edit menu or hit Ctrl-V) and save the image there.

Jim
  • IcyEars
    The graph sounds like there are a lot of people browsing the site from their offices before doing some work in the afternoon. Maybe they don't have internet at home so they have to do it at work (it's one way to save money after all!)
    Last edited by IcyEars; 23-11-2010 at 9:29 AM. Reason: Oops, big fingers mashing hte keyboard - spelling corrections!
  • Stephen Leak
    Two humps suggests a different analogy than a camel to me.
  • jamesd
    Stephen, there's a three hump version with a much taller middle hump that you might like. That one is produced by Europe with one hump, North America with the big one then Asia with the other small hump. Some global sites will see this pattern, depending on the ratio between their users in different regions.
  • JWF1958
    sorry - I have to ask this - what do you call a camel with 3 humps? Humphrey!
    • anotherbaldrick
    • By anotherbaldrick 24th Nov 10, 4:56 PM
    • 2,308 Posts
    • 1,250 Thanks
    anotherbaldrick
    Just a question but is this why I have been getting two corresponding download speed dips ?
  • sciel
    Never enough realtime download speed
  • ScratchandSniff-->[X]
    Do female Bactrian camels wear UGG boots? Seems to be "de rigeur" for the female of the MSE species.
    • southerly
    • By southerly 26th Nov 10, 5:49 PM
    • 180 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    southerly
    yes! surprisingly, as they are bloomin' expensive (overpriced)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,319Posts Today

7,364Users online

Martin's Twitter