Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Pink.
    • By Pink. 26th Jul 10, 12:34 PM
    • 17,431Posts
    • 40,365Thanks
    Pink.
    August 2010 Grocery Challenge
    • 26th Jul 10, 12:34 PM
    August 2010 Grocery Challenge 26th Jul 10 at 12:34 PM
    Hello everyone,

Welcome to the eighth Grocery Challenge of 2010.

If your new month starts early feel free to join this thread, or if you're still working on your July budget, then keep on posting in the July 2010 Grocery Challenge

As always this challenge is to reduce your own grocery budget to levels that you will be pleased with, not forgetting that we always recommend that you stay inside your own comfort levels and take things gently one step at a time. Remember that this is not a competition....it's designed to take you and your grocery spending to a level you are happy with.

If you are new to the challenge I have quoted the advice from Galtizz below which will help you get started.

Please post into this thread for help and advice and support at any time. Good luck to everyone taking part!

I have said this before, but for all the newbies to the challenge;

For the first month I took a guess at the budget but I really had no idea how much I was spending.

I found the best thing is to have a guess the first month but SAVE ALL OF YOUR RECEIPTS (and yes, that does include the ones from the local shop when you run out of milk ), then at the end of the month add them all up and have a look if you were on budget, if not, it doesn't matter because your budget was a guess. For the next month you can use the total of your receipts and take a bit off to get a realistic budget, just shave off as much as you think you can, it could be 1 a week or 20 a week.

If you are currently spending 200 a month don't suddenly drop it to 100 - you'll never do it but if you cut 20 a month off for a few months you'll get there eventually without feeling you're missing out on anything.

You might think you've done everything you can in the first month but someone always comes up with a new idea and, if you try it you often find you save a bit more (unless you are SarahSaver who is an expert at this and could only save more if she turned her back garden into a paddy field and lived on rice ) In the first month I thought, I'm planning meals, I couldn't possibly save any more, but then I started double cooking and freezing, and making soup instead of buying it in tins.

I've been doing this since Feb but only saved ALL of my receipts last month, it has given me a much better idea of where it is all going. Budget for next month is 80 for 2 of us, I'll start on 30/4. I could probably save more, by eating different foods but I can afford to live on 80, I have saved a lot of money since Feb. and I don't waste food or money any more. So I'm happy with my budget.
    by Galtizz

For guidelines on posting in this thread please read the second post in this thread.

For everyone's targets and totals for the month please read posts #3 and #4 on this thread.

For the Grocery challenge Recipe Index please see posts #5 and #6 on this thread.

Wishing you all a great Moneysaving Month!

Pink
    Last edited by Pink.; 29-07-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Page 30
  • gdyr1945
    Well done, Kitty! they do say that it gets easier with practice but I have never been convinced. Where I live there are no shops unless I get in the car and drive about 5 miles so am lucky not to be walking past temptation on a regular basis. Hope you gave yourself a pat on the back!
  • Hippeechiq
    Sorted out some paperwork last night and am very annoyed with myself as I found my lost asda reward vouchers given to me at Xmas and now expired 2 months ago! 12 down the drain! It will NOT happen again!!!
    Did some cooking today and made the butternut squash tart. Tasted very different to butternut squash in its "normal" form because of the garam masala. Not sure if it is supposed to be a savoury or a sweet but personally Id use it as a sweet and reduce the sugar by about 1/4 next time-a little sweet for me but everyone loved it.
    Reminded us of treacle tart without the stickiness or the sickliness-that is the best way to describe it-so if you like treacle tart you will most likely enjoy butternut squash tart. Made double quantity-it made 5 smallish tarts each serving 4 people so 20 servings for less than 2. Frozen 2 of them for next week.
    DD loves the apple curd and I think ate half a jar tonight!
    I made peanut and pumpkin seed butter last night but only half the recipe as Ive already got some peanut butter on the go(shop bought stuff). That was also a sucess but I may cut down on the pumpkin seeds or maybe even omit them.
    Ive done so many new dishes this week Im feeling proud.
    No spend day today although dh said he wanted beer-it will wait until tomorrow or monday.
    Had chicken salad for lunch-salad from garden and the chicken I cooked on Thurs evening which made 5 portions of chicken/chickpea curry and 5 portions of chicken salad as dh didnt manage to get his mitts on it!
    Now cooking beetroot in the slowcooker-not tried this method before but fail to see why it wouldn't work. DH dug them up yesterday.

I have 4..23 in my purse from the 100 I put in last week so I will put in same again next week-i am so happy that I've had 2 weeks at under 100 on grocery shopping and this week I spent 20 on petrol and a meal out for myself-6(Im cheap) and Ive included that.
    This will get me back on track for next month.
    Tomorrow Im making a veggy chilli and rice (already cooked the beans yesterday)so it will be a cheap dinner. Ive got another chicken in the fridge so I will also cook that tomorrow and hide it from dh-I will wait until he is stuffed with chilli before the chicken gets displayed!!!
    Hoping I may even get away with 90 next weekbut we shall see!
    Originally posted by angelatgraceland
    Oh to have a family that will eat anything

Well done you on both keeping within your budget and all the new recipes you've tried

Quite surprised about your findings on the Butternut Squash Tart......for some reason (based on nothing more than it's shape ) I'd expected you to report back that it was more like a savoury tart - is it not a vegetable?

Like the sound of your Veggie Chilli - I do a Spicy Mushroom Bean Chilli & a Vegetarian Bean Curry (both found recently on the net) but you can never have too many veggie recipes - I try to have two per week to help keep my grocery spends down and also because it's healthy.

I also like the sound of the chicken/chickpea curry too if you wouldn't mind sharing one of those recipes - or both

I'd never had a chickpea before this year, or sweet potato or lentils, and have discovered I love all three

Am loving the stuffing OH with Chilli before displaying the chicken ploy! lol
    Aug11 193.29/240

Oct10 266.72 /275 Nov10 276.71/275 Dec10 311.33 / 275 Jan11 242.25/ 250 Feb11 243.14/ 250 Mar11 221.99/ 230
    Apr11 237.39 /240 May11 237.71/240 Jun11 244.03/ 240 July11 244.89/ 240
    Xmas 2011 Fund 220
    • angelatgraceland
    • By angelatgraceland 14th Aug 10, 11:06 PM
    • 3,318 Posts
    • 23,074 Thanks
    angelatgraceland
    For the chicken/ chickpea curry:
    Soak a mug of chickpeas overnight and rinse as often as you can in between-I soaked mine the previous afternoon.
    Boil as per instructions on packet-I boil rapidly for about 10 mins then cook until soft.
    I used 2 chicken legs-stripped off the meat and chopped it up into pieces approx 1.5 cm so it goes a long way.
    one chicken stock cube
    2 or 3 onions chopped
    one tin chopped toms
    2 teasponns garam masala
    one2 teaspoons hot curry powder
    half a teaspoon chilli powder
    one jar value curry sauce(cos I got it for 5p in Asda/tesco)or an exta tin of toms and an extra spoon of curry powder.
    I wash out the tins and jar with about half tin of hot water to get every little bit from them-transfering from one to another(Im just tight)
    Lightly fry onion, add the chopped cooked chicken and spices. Lightly fry. Chuck in everything else and cook for about half an hour to develop the flavours-make sure its runny enough-may need a little more water-just add half a can at a time
    That is what I used "this" time but it varies as I'm geenrally a "chuck it in" type of cook! The recipe for the butternut squash tart-courtesy of Weezl and her folk is as follows:
    500g butternut squash
    50 ml veg oil
    230g self raising flour
    4 slices home made white bread, crumbed
    150g sugar
    2 heaped teaspoons garam masala
    Method

Cook the squash in a pan with water, garam masala and 130g sugar, (cover with a lid so any bits poking above get steamed.

Remove lid when it’s all mulched together. Keep adding water/reducing until you have a thickish wallpaper paste consistency.

Crumble in the breadcrumbs, don’t add all of it if it’s getting too stiff: the consistency of a buttery mashed swede would be about right here.

Squidge the flour, cereal, 30g sugar, oil and approx 4 tbspns water until you have a soft stretchy dough. Press this out into the base and sides of an 8 inch pie dish or flan case.

Bake at gas mark 5 for approximately 5-8 mins until just beginning to brown, then remove, fill with the squash mixture and bake for a further 10 mins until edges of pastry are dark golden. Makes 8 portions so be very disciplined and freeze half for next time!
    The butternut squash was the first one Ive ever prepared from scratch and you get little waste. I peeled with a knife as couldnt get the peeler to do it but Im rubbish with peelers as Im left handed and peel away from me!
    Weight peeled and chopped was just under 900g.
    Im guessing its more sweet than savoury as it has a fair amount of sugar added to it but this coulld be substituted if you were feeling brave-Id try adding onions and red peppers and only a few spoons of sugar for a savoury one but Im very much into exxperimenting! Still got another squash to use so may indeed make a savoury version next time! Yes its a veg but its naturally on the sweet side as are carrots.

p.s. It mentions adding the cereal but its not in the ingredients so I didnt put any in!
    http://www.cheap-family-recipes.org.uk/recipe-bnstarts.html?opt=rdinner

Now if I don't stuff him with veggy chilli first he will "pig out" on the chicken and I won't be making anything-I have a wardrobe full of teashirts for falling for that one! I also put a notice on the dish in the frige "do not touch"!
    Last edited by angelatgraceland; 14-08-2010 at 11:09 PM.
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is 1500 pa 125 calendar month 28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • MindaJ
    Just popping in to say well done everyone so far, and good luck for the rest of the month! I still haven't spent any of my money. It's easier now, the habit of wandering into the shops whenever I'm walking past is gone. I went in last night for some toilettries (not part of the grocery budget) and had a bit of a look around but I didn't get anything. Luckily none of my usual items have been on special, either. The only problem is I'm spending more money in other areas. I'm not sure if it's related, or if it's just bad luck that I decided to start this at the same time as my local dvd store decided to have a massive sale. Oh well. The dvds I bought were ones I've been holding off on buying for ages anyway, and I got them really cheaply. I haven't bought any dvds for ages, I didn't go into debt buying them, and by buying them all at once I'm probably not going to get anymore for ages, so I guess it balances out.
    • muffin man 7
    • By muffin man 7 14th Aug 10, 11:10 PM
    • 742 Posts
    • 7,753 Thanks
    muffin man 7
    had bad week go worse bg upping my payments for gas and electric so will be an extra 26 a month on top of every thing else so i decided to stay in yet 1 more day with only 45.66 left after taking off 6.10 from the little shop i did the other day I really need to be carefull if i spend more i wont have the extra for the gas and electric and that not an option so really do need to get the food budget under 120. sooner rather than later so the more i use up the better for now but when its gone i'm not sure what we'll do i've always had food in because of kids they came 1st it took me a very long time to get my cupboard so full and with prices going up more than down it has helped a lot when its gone this time restocking won't be so easy so will have to have a very strict list for a while i'm thinking two week shop at a time no bulk buys unless it will be used by end of this year and i'm going for the four no more till after xmas with exception of baking stuff as i've been asked to make muffins for family for xmas easy for me to spread cost and will keep me warm too i'll just pick a really cold day to do a baking session and freeze them should be just fine will look forward to it it will also keep me out of shops at xmas and that has got to be good
    Last edited by muffin man 7; 14-08-2010 at 11:24 PM.
    • ASC
    • By ASC 15th Aug 10, 6:20 AM
    • 152 Posts
    • 1,066 Thanks
    ASC
    Sorted out some paperwork last night and am very annoyed with myself as I found my lost asda reward vouchers given to me at Xmas and now expired 2 months ago! 12 down the drain! It will NOT happen again!!!
    Someone may have already suggested this, but it may be worth contacting customer services? I had the same problem with some Mr T vouchers and a very helpful chap said although he couldn't re issue the vouchers, he could put the points back on my account.

A x
  • weezl74
    The recipe for the butternut squash tart-courtesy of Weezl and her folk is as follows:
    500g butternut squash
    50 ml veg oil
    230g self raising flour
    4 slices home made white bread, crumbed
    150g sugar
    2 heaped teaspoons garam masala
    Method

Cook the squash in a pan with water, garam masala and 130g sugar, (cover with a lid so any bits poking above get steamed.

Remove lid when it’s all mulched together. Keep adding water/reducing until you have a thickish wallpaper paste consistency.

Crumble in the breadcrumbs, don’t add all of it if it’s getting too stiff: the consistency of a buttery mashed swede would be about right here.

Squidge the flour, cereal, 30g sugar, oil and approx 4 tbspns water until you have a soft stretchy dough. Press this out into the base and sides of an 8 inch pie dish or flan case.

Bake at gas mark 5 for approximately 5-8 mins until just beginning to brown, then remove, fill with the squash mixture and bake for a further 10 mins until edges of pastry are dark golden. Makes 8 portions so be very disciplined and freeze half for next time!
    The butternut squash was the first one Ive ever prepared from scratch and you get little waste. I peeled with a knife as couldnt get the peeler to do it but Im rubbish with peelers as Im left handed and peel away from me!
    Weight peeled and chopped was just under 900g.
    Im guessing its more sweet than savoury as it has a fair amount of sugar added to it but this coulld be substituted if you were feeling brave-Id try adding onions and red peppers and only a few spoons of sugar for a savoury one but Im very much into exxperimenting! Still got another squash to use so may indeed make a savoury version next time! Yes its a veg but its naturally on the sweet side as are carrots.

p.s. It mentions adding the cereal but its not in the ingredients so I didnt put any in!
    http://www.cheap-family-recipes.org.uk/recipe-bnstarts.html?opt=rdinner

Now if I don't stuff him with veggy chilli first he will "pig out" on the chicken and I won't be making anything-I have a wardrobe full of teashirts for falling for that one! I also put a notice on the dish in the frige "do not touch"!
    you are right angelatgraceland it is meant to be a pudding, think 'pumpkin pie' as a guideline. Sorry I need to make that clearer.

I use the skin, as it is edible, I just cook for longer and puree in my food processor. This also ups the vitamin C and calcium of the end result

One of our vegan testers has suggested a savoury version tho, without sugar and with onion and garlic.

If anyone does try this, I'd be delighted to know how you get on

Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz
    Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it 67/3.60/0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for 40
    • gailey
    • By gailey 15th Aug 10, 10:21 AM
    • 2,303 Posts
    • 17,249 Thanks
    gailey
    Been shopping again. usually we do big food shop at lidls and top up at sainsburys but trying something new this month.

Was aiming to go lidls and morrisions.

But in reality 2tired parents, 2tired kids sat nite just did mr m.
    Hubby was bit worried as we brought a lot but I kept reminding him we ran out of basics last month so brought.

4 value choc bars 30p each cheaper than sainsburys
    value 6pack ready salted crips 26p perfect for eldest as we spend small fortune on crisps in this house..
    passata value think maybe slightly less weight than lidls which is 45p mr m value 25p cleared them out and brought 12.
    Tins of chopped tomatoes were cheapish too so brought 15tins.
    Got value tortilla chips 25p for chilli or hm salsa.
    There were no good reductions apart from panche beer 29p a bottle and tasted grim.
    Got hubby jar value curry sauces 13p.
    lots of packet mixes mr ms own brand seemed cheap useful standby.
    cheap red wine under 3quid for cooking.
    Pampers pullups on offer at 4quid.
    annabel karmel sauces for baby 3 for 2quid might be ideal with pasta.
    Got 3bags plain flour, 1 sf and 1bread plus huge bags of pasta which porobably last longer than a month.

I stopped buying pasta sauces as prefer my own so might make huge batch and freeze if I can make space in freezer.

we have roughly 35quid left until 15th septemeber.

we get through 8 4pints of milk a week so going back to farmfoods as its 6quid so another 15-18quid on milk this month.
    breads 2 for 1 at farmfoods so forsee with making some bread another 4quid on bread this month.

Hubby works near aldis so going to look at super 6 on fruit and veg for kids each week.

off to co-op later for reductions really could do with some reduced chicken.
    We may need to top up coffee, squash and butter but thats it.

we have some veg still growing in garden.
    will continue foraging bit behind with blackberry picking.
    need to start jams and chutneys soon.

Trying to stay positive that we will keep to 250 would prefer 200 but set higher this month as maybe 200 is unrealistic.

For those with babies and kids greek yogurts fab as less mess as sticks to spoon I ether mix with hm pureed or stewed fruit of just fresh berries.

I read you got to introduce as many tastes in 1st 18months before they clam up and get fussy.

Round here its cakes and biscuits dont last 5mins so aiming to do a cake and a biscuit per week.
    pad by xmas2010 14,636.65/20,000:
    Pay off as much as I can 2011 15008.02/15,000

new grocery challenge 200/250 feb

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON,Onwards and upward2013
  • wssla00
    Good morning all. A NSD today going to make some cakes and a few loaves of bread. I will then have to clean out my fridge and see how it goes as it seems to be packing up on me! Oh well..... will keep my fingers crossed!
    Feb GC: 200 Spent: 190.79
    • fedupandskint
    • By fedupandskint 15th Aug 10, 11:12 AM
    • 10,351 Posts
    • 97,525 Thanks
    fedupandskint
    Oh no, I've totally blown the budget this month by buying some Christmas baking booze items, stocking up on some stuff for autumn and winter and quite a few treats

just totted up the totals to 158.05/120 - oh dear!

Looks like its back to the storecupboard and freezer for me for this week and see how much I can get through without buying anything else
    final unsecured debt to repay currently 8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
    • gailey
    • By gailey 15th Aug 10, 11:47 AM
    • 2,303 Posts
    • 17,249 Thanks
    gailey
    Oh no, I've totally blown the budget this month by buying some Christmas baking booze items, stocking up on some stuff for autumn and winter and quite a few treats

just totted up the totals to 158.05/120 - oh dear!

Looks like its back to the storecupboard and freezer for me for this week and see how much I can get through without buying anything else
    Originally posted by fedupandskint
    In some ways challage hard as some fluntucations each month.

Im planning xmas now as been foraging and want to make lots of food gifts so need more

jars
    sugar
    vinigar
    pectin
    booze.
    spices

So maybe a suggestion for people planning for xmas pressies is

count it as xmas budget not grocery and keep a running tally so you know how much extra stuff cost and work out unit cost its still much cheaper than buying in supermarket of farmshop.

Or you could allocate extra 10-20quid within you figure to cover xmas extras.
    pad by xmas2010 14,636.65/20,000:
    Pay off as much as I can 2011 15008.02/15,000

new grocery challenge 200/250 feb

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON,Onwards and upward2013
    • Lindy - Loo
    • By Lindy - Loo 15th Aug 10, 12:19 PM
    • 800 Posts
    • 8,403 Thanks
    Lindy - Loo
    Tesco delivery came today, got two substitutions 15 eggs for the price of 6 and posh cola instead of value!

going to netto tomorrow as 4 tins of heinz beans and spaghetti are 1.49 each, muller corner yoghurts 6 for 1.25.

were gonna overspend this month, dont know why but will.
    Mum, wife and dinnerlady!
    • NickJW
    • By NickJW 15th Aug 10, 5:16 PM
    • 678 Posts
    • 13,646 Thanks
    NickJW
    Hi All!

I went away to my parents this weekend so I've had a nice few days relaxing. Went out for lunch with my nan, and got a Sainsbu*ys meal deal for the coach trip (it cost 10 return instead of 48 return on the train! ). Also topped up in Superdr*g getting some hair wax, shave gel and face wash on offer. Ended up spending 18.40 in total so I very much doubt I will meet my 80 target....it will be a case of damage limitation now. The toiletries were needed since I had run out and they will last a month or so I suppose.

On the other hand I did bring back some chorizo from my mum since she didn't like it, and some HM Caramelized red onion marmalade, and date and walnut loaf from my auntie

Will go and catch up with the posts now and update signature
    Grocery Challenge 14 Jan 14 46.05/130

Grocery Challenge 13 -spent 1453.06
    Grocery Challenge 12 -spent 1565.51

DFD 1st March 2011
    • freakyogre
    • By freakyogre 15th Aug 10, 6:54 PM
    • 1,454 Posts
    • 9,410 Thanks
    freakyogre
    I've had a lovely weekend with my sister but bought far too much stuff! We went to the cash and carry yesterday as I wanted some chilli sauce. Well that turned into chilli sauce, soy sauce, a big tin of tomatoes, huge bag of teabags and some crisps Usually i'd count it all, but as it will last such a long time i've decided to split it. I've counted it as around 4.00 in total for this month (split across 4 months) - just need to remember to count it for the next 3 months too! It will probably last longer actually, but nevermind.

Also spent 4.92 in Morrisons - 4 x shower gel and some sweets. I also spent around 6 on chocolate, but this won't be counted as it's a thank you for someone. One of my colleagues has been giving me a lift to work for the past 6 weeks as I haven't been able to drive, but he won't take any money for petrol (grr!) so asked me to make a donation to RNLI instead, which I will do, but I said I wanted to get him something...anything! So he settled on chocolate and when I am driving again (hopefully this week ) I will return the favour.

ALSO! 3.50 spent today on fruit and veg - for that I got a cucumber, lettuce, bag of tomatoes, bag of apples and a box of grapes, so not too bad.

I think i'm pushing it a bit with my total this month, but will stick at it. I have loads of food in the freezer etc. so shouldn't need anything like that, but I know I do need toilet rolls and will need milk and fruit. Hmm!
    Last edited by freakyogre; 15-08-2010 at 6:57 PM.
    Grocery challenge - Nov: 52/100
    • fedupandskint
    • By fedupandskint 15th Aug 10, 7:27 PM
    • 10,351 Posts
    • 97,525 Thanks
    fedupandskint
    Im planning xmas now as been foraging and want to make lots of food gifts so need more

jars
    sugar
    vinigar
    pectin
    booze.
    spices

So maybe a suggestion for people planning for xmas pressies is

count it as xmas budget not grocery and keep a running tally so you know how much extra stuff cost and work out unit cost its still much cheaper than buying in supermarket of farmshop.

Or you could allocate extra 10-20quid within you figure to cover xmas extras.
    Originally posted by gailey
    That list is exactly what I have been stocking up on
    vinegar
    maderia
    Noilly Prat
    Angostora Bitter
    Sultanas
    Raisins
    Spices

All getting ready for the cake baking and chutney making in the next month or 2

I made a list of exactly what to buy and how much to get to not over buy what I need for all the things I am planning

Good idea to add an extra 20-30 per month for these items

Only alcohol left to buy is brandy, armagnac and masala then that's all I need for the HM pressy making items plus one for me each time
    final unsecured debt to repay currently 8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • laisbojar83
    Hi everyone,

Really dont know where to start!
    This weekend has a been a total disaster... moneywise.
    I have overspent more than I can even explain. So, I had it all set, organized, in paper. 40.00 was my budget.. but ended up spending 130!!!!
    We went to the aqua park yesterday.. 9.80 for all of us to use the facilities. We are doing some DIY in our place, my husband had the brilliant idea of going to B*Q and we spent 50.00 there!! After the swimming, my sons begged for Pizza Hut and I gave in.. another 30.00. Another rainy day, and we took the kids to soft play.. another 20 pounds.. and I went to the local shop today.. and spend 20.00

Ive already told them earlier.. we are not going out anymore until We get our next wages on sept 1st! And I am not touching the money Ive been saving.. its coming out of the weekend budget. I MUST BE FIRM!!! I MUST BE FIRM!!!
    • Sue14
    • By Sue14 15th Aug 10, 7:52 PM
    • 899 Posts
    • 10,894 Thanks
    Sue14
    Spent 18.36 today between Wilkinsons, Poundland and Asda. I was shocked when the total in Asda was almost 49.00, but calmed down when I remembered that I'd bought some clothes, towels, bath mats, scented candles, a box of lager and 2 bottles of Lambrini, all of which I won't have to count in the grocery budget, phew!
    Weight loss challenge 3/10lbs
    Total weight loss 21lbs

• MadamMim2013
    • By MadamMim2013 15th Aug 10, 8:15 PM
    • 806 Posts
    • 10,229 Thanks
    MadamMim2013
    Didn't managed a NSD on Saturday but only put 2 onto the grocery budget so not that bad. Today was a NSD and we were treated to an extra special lunch at my dads yum!!
    "There's a little witch in all of us"
    2018 GC 93 2019 GC 3 2 JUNE GC 192.92/300
    : DEBT FREE 06/2018
    • pepsi-kins
    • By pepsi-kins 15th Aug 10, 8:22 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 1,984 Thanks
    pepsi-kins
    Hi everyone,
    I am up to 131.49 out of a budget of 150, I think I have everything I need until the end of the month except for some fruit, yogurt and milk, and some cola for OH. It is achievable, and I will achieve it...I will!!
    • guccigoo
    • By guccigoo 15th Aug 10, 8:32 PM
    • 467 Posts
    • 5,112 Thanks
    guccigoo
    hi NSD for me today grocery wise Took the kids down the beach but took packed lunch for us all which included cheese and bacon puffs that i baked last night spent a few quid on ice creams but wont include that in the budget so good day had by all
    I will lose 2 stone by this summer!!!!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

207Posts Today

2,836Users online

Martin's Twitter