Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • thatguy1
    • By thatguy1 29th Jul 10, 7:15 PM
    • 5,206Posts
    • 23,013Thanks
    thatguy1
    Camping for 95p per night with The Daily Mirror
    • 29th Jul 10, 7:15 PM
    Camping for 95p per night with The Daily Mirror 29th Jul 10 at 7:15 PM
    START COLLECTING NOW... ONLY IN THE DAILY Mirror AND SUNDAY Mirror

More info:
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/camping/
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2010/07/29/camping-for-95p-115875-22448012/
    List of camp sites http://www.pdf.mirror.co.uk/camping.pdf

Take your holiday without breaking the bank on a camping trip for just 95p per pitch, per night!

From September to November let the kids tear around enjoying the freedom of the great outdoors while you soothe away the pressures of the daily grind. All you need is your tent, caravan or motorhome - and a 95p pitch - and you'll be all set for adventure.

Get all the benefits of a fun and modern outdoor holiday at 1970s prices - start collecting tokens from this SATURDAY!

CHOOSE FROM OVER 170 CAMPSITES!

OUR BIGGEST CAMPING OFFER ... STARTING SATURDAY
    Last edited by thatguy1; 03-08-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Page 1
    • kenr
    • By kenr 29th Jul 10, 7:20 PM
    • 230 Posts
    • 123 Thanks
    kenr
    • 29th Jul 10, 7:20 PM
    • 29th Jul 10, 7:20 PM
    Question is how MANY tokens does it require? If it's like the DAB radio that took 60 it isn't worth it unless you read that paper anyway.
    Registered Linux user #497422
    • thatguy1
    • By thatguy1 29th Jul 10, 7:23 PM
    • 5,206 Posts
    • 23,013 Thanks
    thatguy1
    • 29th Jul 10, 7:23 PM
    • 29th Jul 10, 7:23 PM
    Question is how MANY tokens does it require? If it's like the DAB radio that took 60 it isn't worth it unless you read that paper anyway.
    Originally posted by kenr
    I believe it's 1token for each night you want to stay if it's the same at The Suns 1 offer.
  • alandenman
    • 29th Jul 10, 7:45 PM
    • 29th Jul 10, 7:45 PM
    List of camp sites.

edi - not allowed to put in links but if you go to the mirrors UK site, add the usual backslash and the word camping and it is there.
    Maybe someone can add the full link themselves?
    Last edited by alandenman; 29-07-2010 at 7:47 PM.
    • Tiggerwendy
    • By Tiggerwendy 29th Jul 10, 7:54 PM
    • 66 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    Tiggerwendy
    • 29th Jul 10, 7:54 PM
    • 29th Jul 10, 7:54 PM
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/camping/
  • sassyshamrock
    • 29th Jul 10, 10:34 PM
    • 29th Jul 10, 10:34 PM
    From memory and if the Mirror offer is the same as earlier this year we had a nightmare trying to book a night. None of the campsites had their restrictions listed and so we spent ages on the phone. The Sun offer of 1 a night which also starts this weekend is far better and includes all the major campsites brands including Haven, Parkdean, park resorts and Park Holidays which we went for last year as we got free passes to use the pool and it was a nice cheap weekend away in September. There are quieter sites too but we went for one of the Park Resorts parks and it was brilliant!! Absolute bargain for 1 a night for 2 nights. Dig out your tent or caravan!!
  • polgster
    • 2nd Aug 10, 1:27 PM
    • 2nd Aug 10, 1:27 PM
    2 weekends booked in Sept and October with the campsites and dates we wanted. Thanks for posting.
  • janeast
    • 2nd Aug 10, 3:41 PM
    • 2nd Aug 10, 3:41 PM
    2 weekends booked in Sept and October with the campsites and dates we wanted. Thanks for posting.
    Originally posted by polgster
    how did you manageto book already. i'm having lots of trouble trying to find the list of sites so i can book too.
    • thatguy1
    • By thatguy1 2nd Aug 10, 4:11 PM
    • 5,206 Posts
    • 23,013 Thanks
    thatguy1
    • 2nd Aug 10, 4:11 PM
    • 2nd Aug 10, 4:11 PM
    how did you manageto book already. i'm having lots of trouble trying to find the list of sites so i can book too.
    Originally posted by janeast
    If you look at my main post there's a bit that say's this

List of camp sites http://www.pdf.mirror.co.uk/camping.pdf
  • ruthiebabe
    I just rang the one i wanted to go to and they reckon not doing it it has run out, informed her looking at todays paper and they are def in there, she has to to go and find out and ring me back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • polgster
    Originally posted by janeast
    I booked one weekend with the Mirror - http://www.pdf.mirror.co.uk/camping.pdf

and one with the Sun - http://www.ukholidaysinthesun.co.uk/camping/

Good Luck
  • ruthiebabe
    why Mirror advertising at 95p, i rang the woman back after she said would ring me after she checked if doing the deal even though it was in the mirror, apparently they are doing it, but informed me it would be 3.50, as have electric, i said well i wont be using that, she goes still 3.50, said to her dont understand why mirror advertising at 95p, when they are charging that, i know 3.50 still cheap but dont see the point of putting in the Mirror for 95p !!!!
    • AdamBrunt
    • By AdamBrunt 3rd Aug 10, 1:12 PM
    • 315 Posts
    • 67 Thanks
    AdamBrunt
    Because pitches with electricity available cost extra - IIRC this is made abundantly clear in the T&Cs.

Find a site which offers non-electric pitches and it should be 95p.
  • tr3mor
    The problem with this offer is that you end up on a campsite full of people who read the Daily Mirror!

• pulliptears
    • By pulliptears 3rd Aug 10, 4:11 PM
    • 13,573 Posts
    • 23,063 Thanks
    pulliptears
    My MIL was telling me about this, I have to say having spent a day (didn't make it through the night) on a site in North Wales, where on our return to our van we had a freezer full of defrosted food thanks to the little swines unplugging the electric, a tampered with awning and food, bricks and spent matches thrown in through the skylight, we will now only stay on secure, caravan club registered sites.

95p a night sounds great on paper, but for piece of mind I dont think ill bother.
    "Gggggrrrrrr Rrrraaaahhh Rrrrrrggghhhhnn" - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)

• Winnie2007
    Lovely holiday
    We went on holiday with the Sun's 1 camping last year. Cost a bit more than a 1 night as we wanted electric and entertainment but for well under usual cost of a week's holiday we had a smashing time. The camp was clean, well looked after and I wasn't aware of any 'nastiness' at all. My son also had a week and he felt the same. We went first two weeks in September last year and hoping to go again this year.
    • splicecom
    • By splicecom 23rd Aug 10, 2:26 PM
    • 295 Posts
    • 216 Thanks
    splicecom
    Hello,

Can anyone tell me if this is still running? Are the tokens still being printed?

Thanks in advance
    TOTAL DEBTS

NONE!!!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,006Posts Today

6,205Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the start of mini MSE's half term. In order to be the best daddy possible, Im stopping work and going off line? https://t.co/kwjvtd75YU

• RT @shellsince1982: @MartinSLewis thanx to your email I have just saved myself £222 by taking a SIM only deal for £7.50 a month and keeping?

• Today's Friday twitter poll: An important question, building on yesterday's important discussions: Which is the best bit of the pizza...

• Follow Martin