Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • Winky, The House Elf
    • 2nd Aug 10, 10:40 AM
    • 2nd Aug 10, 10:40 AM
    Lol! I fall slap bang in the typical demographics of being female aged 36!
    Right now I'm having amnesia and deja- vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before
  • stesciuba
    • 2nd Aug 10, 10:48 AM
    98%
    • 2nd Aug 10, 10:48 AM
    Love the stat, 98% of the people on your page are male or female...the other 2% are what? confused?
  • lsm1066
    • 2nd Aug 10, 10:57 AM
    • 2nd Aug 10, 10:57 AM
    This probably has as much to do with who spends the money and on what as anything else. I would say that if you ran a quick straw poll, most of the people who make the spending decisions with regard to food shopping, utilities, clothes, insurance etc would probably be women. So they'd probably have more of a vested interest in money saving ideas.

Alternatively, Mrs MSE actually does have something to worry about
  • Edinburghlass
    • 2nd Aug 10, 11:14 AM
    • 2nd Aug 10, 11:14 AM
    I lied about my age on Facebook
    • Tigsteroonie
    • By Tigsteroonie 2nd Aug 10, 11:35 AM
    • 23,251 Posts
    • 58,302 Thanks
    Tigsteroonie
    • 2nd Aug 10, 11:35 AM
    • 2nd Aug 10, 11:35 AM
    I haven't really started a FB group called "I fancy Martin Lewis" ..... but judging by the responses on FB, I might have to now
    Mrs Marleyboy

MSE: many of the benefits of a helpful family, without disadvantages like having to compete for the tv remote

Proud Parents to an Au-some son
    • jeanmd
    • By jeanmd 2nd Aug 10, 11:41 AM
    • 2,265 Posts
    • 25,053 Thanks
    jeanmd
    • 2nd Aug 10, 11:41 AM
    • 2nd Aug 10, 11:41 AM
    I haven't really started a FB group called "I fancy Martin Lewis" ..... but judging by the responses on FB, I might have to now
    Originally posted by Tigsteroonie
    Hmm, Martin Lewis or Simon Cowell? Martin Lewis or Simon Cowell? Martin Lewis or Simon Cowell?
    A couple of years younger or toyboy??????

Either would be nice, shhhhh, just don't tell my OH.
    Last edited by jeanmd; 02-08-2010 at 11:47 AM.
    Thank you to everyone who contributes to mse.

"Discipline is just choosing between what you want now and what you want most" - Unknown Author
  • andyb215
    • 2nd Aug 10, 5:05 PM
    • 2nd Aug 10, 5:05 PM
    hehe im in the 0% aged 13-17
    • murphydog999
    • By murphydog999 4th Aug 10, 11:17 AM
    • 1,537 Posts
    • 4,229 Thanks
    murphydog999
    • 4th Aug 10, 11:17 AM
    • 4th Aug 10, 11:17 AM
    Sorry to go off topic a second, but are there any stats for this site? Do you know location of users and which part of the country participates most and least? (There seems to be an awful lot of Scottish people!!) etc etc?
    • Percy1983
    • By Percy1983 4th Aug 10, 11:27 AM
    • 4,990 Posts
    • 7,824 Thanks
    Percy1983
    I wonder how that compares to to total percentage of male and female facebook users, from people I know almost all womon are on there where a lot blokes aren't.
  • bunking_off
    Being male in early 40s, I don't know a solitary male who uses Facebook. My wife and her friends, though, are on the thing all the time. If that's the general demographic for Facebook usage, then it explains Martin's demographics...
    I really must stop loafing and get back to work...
  • dreamteamgirl
    Where the 'insights' bit on facebook? i want to know the breakdown of MY friends
    • Percy1983
    • By Percy1983 10th Aug 10, 9:26 AM
    • 4,990 Posts
    • 7,824 Thanks
    Percy1983
    The idea of facebook makes me laugh, lets see which of my 'friends' has "just eaten a carrot lol". There all such good friends I can't be bothered to actually phone them ever and I never really see them either but I can be updated by all the little things they do in life.

As you may guess I am not on facebook, I phone my friends, we get together on a regular basis so why would I need to see them all on facebook?

Oh I forgot a can't send my friends a vitual cake...
    • veruccasalt
    • By veruccasalt 12th Aug 10, 11:51 AM
    • 1,409 Posts
    • 1,937 Thanks
    veruccasalt
    What's Facebook?
    Originally posted by Mozette

Why's Facebook?
    “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.” Charles M Schulz
  • kiran13xtreme
    I fit into this age bracket! 18-24 male and must say am proud to follow MSE as it saves me lot of cash!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

178Posts Today

1,855Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Channel 4 really screwed up not doing this on the Tory leaders debate last night, just think of the ratings... https://t.co/eYYfAYGdck

• Teacher/head in a London(ish) senior school? I want film a 1hr ish talk to 16-18 yr olds on student finance (to put? https://t.co/dSsSp1UVDF

• RT @thismorning: As a ban on rip-off bank fees is announced, @MartinSLewis explains if you can reclaim, and how to cut your overdraft costs?

• Follow Martin