Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • facingthefuture
    • By facingthefuture 21st Jun 10, 10:26 AM
    • 916 Posts
    • 543 Thanks
    facingthefuture
    • 21st Jun 10, 10:26 AM
    • 21st Jun 10, 10:26 AM
    Well done team - that just shows the difference you make to our lives. This site is priceless, it lets people like me think there is a way to get by.Thank you.
    • bylromarha
    • By bylromarha 21st Jun 10, 12:20 PM
    • 9,959 Posts
    • 13,248 Thanks
    bylromarha
    • 21st Jun 10, 12:20 PM
    • 21st Jun 10, 12:20 PM
    Impressive stuff.

Well done MSE team!!!!
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • jamesd
    • 21st Jun 10, 1:10 PM
    • 21st Jun 10, 1:10 PM
    Congratulations!

One thing to watch for as rankings improve is that the amount of computing power needed for each incremental step up in rank starts to become larger as you get into the 500 to 100 ranked site range. Don't plan on linear equipment growth, it won't do the job even if your technical team are routinely wringing greater efficiencies out of the systems. The good news is that revenues are likely to grow more than enough to cover the costs.
    • Nile
    • By Nile 21st Jun 10, 7:14 PM
    • 14,406 Posts
    • 14,378 Thanks
    Nile
    • 21st Jun 10, 7:14 PM
    • 21st Jun 10, 7:14 PM
    Blooming heck, that's some achievement since the early days of MSE.

Over 1 million visits to MSE in one day..............it's absolutely amazing. Well done to everyone at MSE Towers.

It's good to know these figures because it helps to explain why the site is sometimes a bit sluggish but Webby and the MSE Team do a sterling job to keep things going.

Martin must be very proud.
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
    • mioliere
    • By mioliere 22nd Jun 10, 10:44 AM
    • 6,827 Posts
    • 71,655 Thanks
    mioliere
    • 22nd Jun 10, 10:44 AM
    • 22nd Jun 10, 10:44 AM
    Congratulations to Martin and the team. That's an incredible achievement of which you should all be really proud. Onwards and upwards!
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
    • sabretoothtigger
    • By sabretoothtigger 22nd Jun 10, 1:11 PM
    • 10,024 Posts
    • 6,604 Thanks
    sabretoothtigger
    • 22nd Jun 10, 1:11 PM
    • 22nd Jun 10, 1:11 PM
    awesome stats, well done Martins team

The uk ranking is not far off the Times and other national newspapers which is pretty impressive
    Tokyo residential prices have gone from 4x London in 1990 to ľ London in 2014
    Maybe this is one of those cases where you canít go home again,
    by Ben S. Bernanke, former Fed chairman
  • duckbrfc
    • 22nd Jun 10, 3:43 PM
    • 22nd Jun 10, 3:43 PM
    This is really is a fantastic achievement - well done.

Shows how many people rely on this site as a great place for information. Where on earth would we be without t'internet?
  • zierisaver
    • 22nd Jun 10, 3:44 PM
    • 22nd Jun 10, 3:44 PM
    Congrats - now that The Times is charging for reading online you'll no doubt take their place as well!
    • gatita
    • By gatita 22nd Jun 10, 7:19 PM
    • 1,228 Posts
    • 392 Thanks
    gatita
    Congratulations to all involved in making MSE the VERY best web site! you all thoroughly deserve a big pat on the back
    When man sacrifices the Love of POWER for the Power of Love, there will be peace on earth.
    • Pincher
    • By Pincher 28th Jun 10, 12:42 PM
    • 6,516 Posts
    • 2,491 Thanks
    Pincher
    Love the site, just not too sure who would advertise to a bunch of tariff switching, bargain hunting, disloyal band of rate tarts.

• nottseagull
    Is it just me, or is everyone else just pretending they know what "and every other user metric too" means?
    • colscript
    • By colscript 1st Jul 10, 2:00 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    colscript
    This Wednesday
    I agree excellent work by all concerned; You have given me much good advice; and the work ethos is a class apart; as someone said "Onwards and upwards".

But grammatically, viewing the hits results, can
    last wed also be this wed?
    Is this wed now accepted common usage for last wed? Does this no longer denote forthcoming ? if so I will adjust my head...somehow
  • fireflycatcher
    Superb and well deserved.
  • Barnetbear
    Come a long way since the very early noughties when I used to circulate your URL to friends and customers on eBay who I wanted to reward for bothering to post feedback. Now, there's hardly a person in the UK who doesn't know what MSE is.
    Last edited by Barnetbear; 04-07-2010 at 12:23 PM.
    Escaped from Barnet to freedom in the South-East!
  • dbtlaw
    Congrats - must feel really good.
    • johnc
    • By johnc 21st Jul 10, 4:24 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    johnc
    International?
    Thats great - but always wondered, we here in the UK have really benefitted from MSE but what about other countries? I know I could have done with an equivalent MSE site when I was living in the US where its completely confusing since everything you read/see on television is so advertiser supported thats its never independant and consumer driven.

How about having it in other countries?

John.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

253Posts Today

3,370Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin