Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • leedsleeds
    • By leedsleeds 3rd Mar 05, 11:34 AM
    • 58 Posts
    • 28 Thanks
    leedsleeds
    • 3rd Mar 05, 11:34 AM
    • 3rd Mar 05, 11:34 AM
    thanks darren
  • elvis_bloggs
    • 3rd Mar 05, 11:46 AM
    • 3rd Mar 05, 11:46 AM
    You must have a .ac.uk email address to join this (so if you are a student, have been a student, work at a uni, then you will be able to join!)
    by Darren21
    How does one get a ... ac.uk ... email addy .... without being connected to a uni. ???
  • Darren21
    • 3rd Mar 05, 11:53 AM
    • 3rd Mar 05, 11:53 AM
    How does one get a ... ac.uk ... email addy .... without being connected to a uni. ???
    by elvis_bloggs
    Although it would be good if every1 could benefit from this, If someone does know how to do this I would urge them not to post it as this is such a good offer just about every member of this board would join which would ruin it for current members and cause the site to improve security - it would be slightly obvious when they current have around 1-2k members if 10,000 people signed up in one day!!

Sorry elvis!
  • jo_b
    • 3rd Mar 05, 12:06 PM
    • 3rd Mar 05, 12:06 PM
    by elvis_bloggs
    I don't think you can and agree with the op that this should be used by genuine students only. Maybe this could be moved to the students board?
    • bs7
    • By bs7 3rd Mar 05, 12:14 PM
    • 735 Posts
    • 317 Thanks
    bs7
    • 3rd Mar 05, 12:14 PM
    • 3rd Mar 05, 12:14 PM
    thanks for the post, m8
  • elvis_bloggs
    • 3rd Mar 05, 12:35 PM
    • 3rd Mar 05, 12:35 PM
    I don't think you can and agree with the op that this should be used by genuine students only. Maybe this could be moved to the students board?
    by jo_b
    Ok, I can live with that, good luck students.
    • Lychee
    • By Lychee 3rd Mar 05, 12:47 PM
    • 440 Posts
    • 70 Thanks
    Lychee
    • 3rd Mar 05, 12:47 PM
    • 3rd Mar 05, 12:47 PM
    I've got two .ac.uk e-mail add from my uni, would it be a problem if I signed up twice using each address?
  • Darren21
    • 3rd Mar 05, 12:50 PM
    • 3rd Mar 05, 12:50 PM
    I've got two .ac.uk e-mail add from my uni, would it be a problem if I signed up twice using each address?
    by Lychee
    I think this is more of a moral than technical issue ...
    • esalan
    • By esalan 3rd Mar 05, 12:59 PM
    • 325 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    esalan
    Looks like you must be a STUDENT, not an ex-student or uni worker:

Who can join The Student Panel?
    Anyone in full or part time education studying for a degree or postgraduate qualification at one of the 170 UK universities and higher education institutions (as defined by the Higher Education Statistics Agency [HESA]).

Good luck, genuine students!
  • ghbradshaw
    This is a student survey site where you get paid in amazon vouchers. I have built up 23 so far (need 25 to get sent a voucher!). You get 10 just for signing up!

You must have a .ac.uk email address to join this!

http://c01.opinionpanel.co.uk/
    by Darren21
    Cheers for this, just signed up! How often do you get surveys? How long did it take you to reach 23?
  • Darren21
    Cheers for this, just signed up! How often do you get surveys? How long did it take you to reach 23?
    by ghbradshaw
    Well... as they are newly set up it is hard to guage exactly how often you will get survey's. It seems that they are getting some good partner's and lots of newspapers are using their survey results so this bodes well!

I signed up in Oct and got 3 surveys x 1 in October, then I forgot about them until getting a 10 one today! I think it also depends on your profile etc as to if they want you to do a survey - i.e. if you study business & they want geography students you won't get it!

Here's hoping they go from strength to strength!
  • wirm
    I've moved this to the Students Board, as although its for a voucher its only for students.

wirm
    • zodiac
    • By zodiac 10th Mar 05, 8:41 AM
    • 1,236 Posts
    • 170 Thanks
    zodiac
    Dont you just hate it when people think that you have to be at Uni to be a student. Ive been at college for 3 years and im not going on to Uni because I dont need to (Ive got work in the business that im trained in) but does that make me any less a student than some of my firends who are in their first year at Uni?
    I remember when this was just a little website!
  • lellie
    I signed up in october.. signed up and got the 10.. had 1 more survey then and then had nothing until last week where I had a 2 survey.. they don't seem to come very often - my boyfriend has had the sign up survey and one 1 survey and that's it since october.. pfft.
  • greedybassa
    Do you receive the survey via email, or do you have to log in everytime to recieve it?
    Snootchie Bootchies!
    • Katgoddess
    • By Katgoddess 14th Mar 05, 12:09 AM
    • 1,797 Posts
    • 1,426 Thanks
    Katgoddess
    I'm an Open University student and don't have an ac addy.

DAMN.

Yes I do. Yipee!!!!!

But they don recognise the OU.

DAMN.

So I'm pretending I'm at another Uni, and it worked. Am sending a strongly worded email though.

Panic Over
    Last edited by Katgoddess; 14-03-2005 at 12:25 AM. Reason: RAGE
    • Midas
    • By Midas 14th Mar 05, 12:47 AM
    • 553 Posts
    • 254 Thanks
    Midas
    Thanks for this Darren21
    Midas.
  • lellie
    Do you receive the survey via email, or do you have to log in everytime to recieve it?
    by greedybassa
    you will be sent an email inviting you to do the survey - usually with a password to sign in - yes.
  • Psych
    ot, and completely unethical, but i remember the god ole days when i used to do my amscam, as i used to call it. when amazon would give a 5 voucher in their refer-a-friend campaign, to both the referer and the referee. i used to refer loads of mates, and even myself (the amount of emaila ddress i went through...). in the 3 years at uni, i don't want to think about how much i saved. all i remember is that when they had a sale on, i was getting dvd's and cd's for 2-3 each.
    of course, karma comes back and bites you in the !!!, since i had about half my dvd's get lost/stolen in between term ending, and me returning home.

sinc ehten, they've discounted the amount, and the minimum purchase. however if you and your mates need to buy textbooks, it's still a very handy way to save a few .
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

1,469Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • "Sabrina, you're young. I'm not sure you've the experience I'm looking for in a business partner." Eh? Isn't the pr? https://t.co/IeTxBQq2OU

• I am predicting the word myself will be misused 6 times in today;s boardroom. What do yourself think? #TheApprentice

• Not sure how I ever succeeded running a successful entreprise? After all my gardening and garden design skills are? https://t.co/FFnvkjsGDU

• Follow Martin