Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pavlovs_dog
    • By pavlovs_dog 2nd Mar 05, 7:07 PM
    • 9,818Posts
    • 24,069Thanks
    pavlovs_dog
    birthday cake
    • 2nd Mar 05, 7:07 PM
    birthday cake 2nd Mar 05 at 7:07 PM
    right then, here's one for the bakers....

sunday, as you know is, mothers day. rather expensive one this year, as not only are there two sets of mothers and grandmothers to make feel special, it is also my MIL's birthday!

she's decided that sshe is going to throw a tea party for family memebers on sunday night, so i thought as a nice surprise i would make her a cake.

question is what type?

first dilemma - one big one, or lots of little one arranged to spell 'happy birthday' or something like that?

second dilemma - if i do go for the big cake, what type of cake?

i was thinking along the lines of doing a chooccie sponge, topped with melted chocolate and maybe smarties, again spelling out happy birthday or something like that.

any suggestions on the above?

and if anyone could recommend some nice cake recipes, i'd be grateful
    know thyself

Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

573Posts Today

5,692Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Delighted people are pushing @BorisJohnson on getting proper financial ed in schools. He says not enough resourc? https://t.co/c8Eb6BAwgU

• RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Bizzare German twitter mash article has called me "MARTIN LEWIS, der Geldsparexperte," Any german speakers out the? https://t.co/1tXEzCe4Y3

• Follow Martin