Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • Loop
    • 24th Oct 06, 7:48 PM
    • 24th Oct 06, 7:48 PM
    Yes Id Love to help! Moderator experience too...

Anyway, the site looks fab IMO, still alot on the page, but then MSE has so much information everywhere, they have to fit it all in somewhere!

Edit to say Whoohoo I have no life, Im the 1st person to post LOL...
    Crazy Nutters Club Member 003
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 24th Oct 06, 7:50 PM
    • 8,115 Posts
    • 42,285 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    • 24th Oct 06, 7:50 PM
    • 24th Oct 06, 7:50 PM
    There certainly is a lot on the page. Much more than now in fact. Yet I hope it looks less cramped. It's also worth remembering when you see it as a web page ratehr than an image - you don't see the bottom set of boxes, unless you scroll down - which is deliberate, as they're add ons rather than part of the core 'browse or navigate' function of the home page.

Martin

PS glad you like it!
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
    • gazhawkins
    • By gazhawkins 24th Oct 06, 7:57 PM
    • 233 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    gazhawkins
    • 24th Oct 06, 7:57 PM
    • 24th Oct 06, 7:57 PM
    At first glance looks kinda snazzy - neat graphics and colour scheme.

Look forward to seeing it in the flesh!
  • Loop
    • 24th Oct 06, 8:01 PM
    • 24th Oct 06, 8:01 PM
    Do you know what I love best about the front page??

In the Noticeboard the phrases...

"Spend all your money"
    "Never save for a rainy day"
    "Corporate greed is good"
    "Brand loyalty is a must"

But my favourite is...wait....

That's Numberwang!!!!

Your web designer has a great sense of humour....

Martins going to be doing this when he reads that
    Last edited by Loop; 24-10-2006 at 8:13 PM.
    Crazy Nutters Club Member 003
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 24th Oct 06, 8:03 PM
    • 8,115 Posts
    • 42,285 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    • 24th Oct 06, 8:03 PM
    • 24th Oct 06, 8:03 PM
    PS we're going to replace the current file with a PDF so you can see it more clearly - check back tomorrow for that....
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

• everythingblogcast
    • 24th Oct 06, 8:11 PM
    • 24th Oct 06, 8:11 PM
    Just send a email, I want to test the new site. love betas. keep up the good work Martin and the rest of the MSE staff.
    • terrierlady
    • By terrierlady 24th Oct 06, 8:33 PM
    • 1,721 Posts
    • 539 Thanks
    terrierlady
    • 24th Oct 06, 8:33 PM
    • 24th Oct 06, 8:33 PM
    The site and you your self over the last few years have come a long way and the site looks more modern, user friendly and above all welcoming. good luck.
    my bark is worse than my bite!!!!!!!!
  • ollywood68
    • 24th Oct 06, 8:35 PM
    • 24th Oct 06, 8:35 PM
    the new site looks great big guy, cant wait until its up and running
    happiness is being able to have one more drink
  • skint_yorkie
    Groovy Look forward to seeing it go live.
    Biggest debt-£6000 @ June 2004
    Debt free date-Nov 2006 - DONE!!
  • Jamie85
    I love the new look, looks so much more organized. I'm interested to know just how many changes will happen to the forum can't wait to see the live version to have a look at all the graphics and how it's constructed.
  • ok go
    Not sure if this is just due to the mock up image of the site but when viewing on my monitor it is tiny and unreadable. the only way to read any of the text is to increase the magnification within my browser??

As I say may just be due to the image being a screen scrape or something similar

But what I can see looks much prettier and more pro looking
    • Smiley_Mum
    • By Smiley_Mum 24th Oct 06, 8:47 PM
    • 3,779 Posts
    • 2,914 Thanks
    Smiley_Mum
    I really like it, can't wait till it's up and running. Looks like it will be a lot easier to navigate the site. I like the colours too.
    “Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you.” - Oscar Wilde
  • squirreltufty
    looks great (but still blindingly obvious what you're looking at when the boss strolls by)
    still a SF nerd no.1
    Quit date: 03/09/2006 ----> £1,000s not spent on tobacco(21/03/2010).
  • madauri
    I love the new look! To be honest, the current one looks so crammed with everything to me that it puts me off. This one would make me start clicking here and there
    'They can tak' oour lives but they cannae tak' oour troousers!'
    The Nac Mac Feegle
    • Streeet
    • By Streeet 24th Oct 06, 8:58 PM
    • 276 Posts
    • 104 Thanks
    Streeet
    Cleaner / Fresher and by the looks more interactive content that will drag me back to the main page instead of diving straight into the forums.

Hope there is an option to customise my homepage and cherry pick the bits that are good for me if I want a quick scan over during lunch.

Also an RSS feed of latest tips etc would be cool but I'm getting a bit geeky now.
    (Just seen the feed symbol.. enough said!)

Good work!
    Last edited by Streeet; 24-10-2006 at 9:07 PM.
    • wolfman
    • By wolfman 24th Oct 06, 9:00 PM
    • 3,163 Posts
    • 1,426 Thanks
    wolfman
    Very nice. There was a sneak preview a month or two back which I was a bit warey of. This however is a step in the right direction. Much clearer, more organised and most of all easier on the eye. Well done.

One suggestion. Along the top it might be preferable to have different colours for each section. Some of the colour are duplicated. Like the new www.uSwitch.com website as an example. This may impact certain users though.

Also, I'm not a fan of the "add free", "free to use" bits. Can be seen as a preference but I find it clutters things, and isn't necessarily needed.

If you need testers I'd be more than happy to help out. Got quite a lot of experience with regards to usability and web standards, do it for a living.
    "Boonowa tweepi, ha, ha."
  • rkuk
    yep - it looks very good.

this site has sooooooooooooo much information, built by fantastic MSE's! (and of course yourself Martin for getting it all on the go).

As much as it can be difficult to find my way around things...or should I say to direct information, I actually enjoy the hunt as I always stumble across other good reads!

The current mods do a great job of keeping things running smoothly too! I would be more than happy to help, yet I think there are more appropriate MSE's out there to do the job. So, I'd like to offer myself to help with any bits n bobs, I'm quite familiar with the old photoshop/graphics packages, so if I can lend a hand give me a shout

Look forward to seeing the new site! ...hope I can access the forum from work still though! I like the fact this one is embedded into the main site. Anything with the word forum usually gets blocked at my place! D'OH!

Cheers
  • Lotta Littlies
    "Send Neil £100 a week" ?!

I don't normally like change but I do like the new look I have to admit (and I'd be blatantly honest if I didn't). It's easy on the eye and clearly set out. Very good

Lotta
    "One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child."
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 24th Oct 06, 9:23 PM
    • 8,115 Posts
    • 42,285 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    PS folks - if you know any non-MSE users who may fancy being testers - it would be great to have them. If they could spare a bit of time - perhaps partners of MoneySavers. It would be nice to get feedback from total newbies

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,329Posts Today

8,047Users online

Martin's Twitter