Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Xbigman
    • By Xbigman 26th Feb 05, 9:31 PM
    • 3,238Posts
    • 1,440Thanks
    Xbigman
    What can you freeze?
    • 26th Feb 05, 9:31 PM
    What can you freeze? 26th Feb 05 at 9:31 PM
    I just saw a comment about freezing milk. Now I thought that frozen milk separated when it was defrosted. Was I wrong?
    Regards

X
Page 1
  • spankymonkey
    • 26th Feb 05, 9:42 PM
    • 26th Feb 05, 9:42 PM
    you can freeze milk ok. excellent for an emergency
    spanky xx

DFW weight watchers 28lbs to lose
    lost so far 11.5 lbs
  • archived user
    • 27th Feb 05, 8:41 AM
    • 27th Feb 05, 8:41 AM
    I always used to freeze my semi skimmed milk ok, and it never seperated. If you use full fat milk it seperates in your drinks.

I knew there was a thread about somewhere about this very topic!!
    Last edited by Judi; 27-02-2005 at 8:46 AM.
  • franky
    • 27th Feb 05, 9:13 AM
    • 27th Feb 05, 9:13 AM
    I always keep a few cartons of milk in freezer for emergencies it will defrost overnight inthe fridge if I realise I've got no milk for breakfast
    • Xbigman
    • By Xbigman 27th Feb 05, 11:31 PM
    • 3,238 Posts
    • 1,440 Thanks
    Xbigman
    • 27th Feb 05, 11:31 PM
    • 27th Feb 05, 11:31 PM
    Many thanks for the link to the old thread. I'll try freezing some milk tonight. On thursday night I'll try defrosting it and then heating it up in the microwave (for my work flask of tea). Microwaving on low power to heat milk is also an excellent test of its condition as it separates if about to go off.
    Regards

X
  • nicola1982
    • 19th Apr 06, 9:00 AM
    • 19th Apr 06, 9:00 AM
    What about cream? Can this be frozen?
    4000 challenge

Currently leftover - 3872.15
    • squeaky
    • By squeaky 19th Apr 06, 9:10 AM
    • 13,808 Posts
    • 15,843 Thanks
    squeaky
    • 19th Apr 06, 9:10 AM
    • 19th Apr 06, 9:10 AM
    It depends on the type of cream.

Click on search this forum in the brown bar just at the top of the Old Style list and then click on advanced.

Put the text in red into the search box cream*

Then in the drop down box below that choose "search titles only"

Then hit submit at the bottom of the page. There are several threads that should help you.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = 5.20 Apr 0.50
  • tina68
    • 19th Apr 06, 9:26 AM
    • 19th Apr 06, 9:26 AM
    if your not sure about freezing it why not buy the cartons that you can keep in your cupbourd also good for emergency
    • calleyw
    • By calleyw 19th Apr 06, 11:07 AM
    • 9,156 Posts
    • 16,982 Thanks
    calleyw
    • 19th Apr 06, 11:07 AM
    • 19th Apr 06, 11:07 AM
    I have frozen all types of milk. Skimmed/semi and full fat and never had any problems with it.

You can freeze cheese which I do as well. Makes it very crumbly so might want to cut it up in slices first.

You can freeze almost anything. I have some par boiled potatoes frozen. The potatoes where going over so rather than waste thought I would par boil so I have roasties on sunday.

I have read about freezing eggs. Think you have to seperate them on put a pinch of salt in with. Never done it myself.

Yours

Calley
  • tina68
    i was very surprised about what can be frozen i have a weight watchers points book which is gr8 as it tells you what meals can be frozen, try the library..mind this chatroom is like a library its greaaaaaaaaaat
    Tina x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,726Posts Today

7,159Users online

Martin's Twitter