Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
    • hilstep2000
    • By hilstep2000 26th Feb 10, 11:58 AM
    • 3,035 Posts
    • 17,709 Thanks
    hilstep2000
    • 26th Feb 10, 11:58 AM
    • 26th Feb 10, 11:58 AM
    I'll vote too Martin!
    I Believe in saving money!!!
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• mattytun
    • By mattytun 26th Feb 10, 12:19 PM
    • 13,627 Posts
    • 238,226 Thanks
    mattytun
    • 26th Feb 10, 12:19 PM
    • 26th Feb 10, 12:19 PM
    Is your Wife still on Ch5 martin doing the weather .......?
    i never watch Ch5 never anything on there...................i no that show is on BBC1 and i turned of last week as it was just pants .good luck to the weather team.
    • bylromarha
    • By bylromarha 26th Feb 10, 12:20 PM
    • 9,960 Posts
    • 13,248 Thanks
    bylromarha
    • 26th Feb 10, 12:20 PM
    • 26th Feb 10, 12:20 PM
    Good on Mrs MSE !!!!!!!

Disappointed now though that you've ruined the big reveal. Shame on you Martin.

Even if she does get through, they'll have a hard job beating Rufus IMO
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 26th Feb 10, 2:23 PM
    • 8,115 Posts
    • 42,285 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    • 26th Feb 10, 2:23 PM
    • 26th Feb 10, 2:23 PM
    Thanks for supporting Mrs MSE tomorrow - she's quite nervous about it all and has been training all week. Apparently she also has to be flung about by some male dancers. Im looking forward to it though - should be fun.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
    • JimmyTheWig
    • By JimmyTheWig 26th Feb 10, 3:40 PM
    • 11,856 Posts
    • 11,396 Thanks
    JimmyTheWig
    • 26th Feb 10, 3:40 PM
    • 26th Feb 10, 3:40 PM
    all other support welcome too!
    I can't imagine that this is the most Money Saving / efficient way to give to charity, is it?
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 26th Feb 10, 3:45 PM
    • 8,115 Posts
    • 42,285 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    • 26th Feb 10, 3:45 PM
    • 26th Feb 10, 3:45 PM
    I can't imagine that this is the most Money Saving / efficient way to give to charity, is it?
    Originally posted by JimmyTheWig
    Quite right, its not, far better to donate via gift aid - but it is the most effective way to vote for Mrs MSE and have some fun in the process while supporting charity (of which much more goes to charity than is standard in TV votes).
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

• Errata
    • 26th Feb 10, 5:04 PM
    • 26th Feb 10, 5:04 PM
    Martin - I'm sure you adore and love your wife to bits, but there may be a few MSE'ers and readers of MSE who haven't the foggiest idea who she is. If you don't give her a name check they won't be able to vote for her. Which would be a pity.
    .....................I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...
  • Edinburghlass
    • 26th Feb 10, 6:30 PM
    • 26th Feb 10, 6:30 PM
    You need to vote for the Weather Girls as posted in Martin's blog.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pressreleases/stories/2010/02_february/25/dance.shtml

Lara Lewington is MrsMSE

http://www.laralewington.com/
  • Edinburghlass
    Best of luck to you both tonight I'm off to Glasgow for the day and may not be home in time to catch it live but have it set to record. Its so much fun to watch I'm guessing being at the recording will be a great experience.
    • baldeagle09
    • By baldeagle09 27th Feb 10, 7:26 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    baldeagle09
    Bad luck Martin & wife!
    • Nile
    • By Nile 27th Feb 10, 7:31 PM
    • 14,406 Posts
    • 14,378 Thanks
    Nile
    What a great performance by Mrs MSE. Was that Lara's sister sat in the family audience area? If not, she looks very alike.

I liked the boxers routine.

Well done to everyone who danced tonight, it took guts and determination.
    • mattytun
    • By mattytun 28th Feb 10, 11:51 AM
    • 13,627 Posts
    • 238,226 Thanks
    mattytun
    A think Ant&Dec would have the most viewers last night i did flick over when the adverts was on but never saw martins wife but reading the last couple of posts it looks like they lost oh well....
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 28th Feb 10, 12:00 PM
    • 8,115 Posts
    • 42,285 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    What a great performance by Mrs MSE. Was that Lara's sister sat in the family audience area? If not, she looks very alike.

I liked the boxers routine.

Well done to everyone who danced tonight, it took guts and determination.
    Originally posted by Nile
    Thanks for that she did really well - was a fun night.

And not sure who the girl you mention is - but Mrs MSE is an only child.

• philnicandamy
    she was robbed!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

453Posts Today

5,019Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Channel 4 really screwed up not doing this on the Tory leaders debate last night, just think of the ratings... https://t.co/eYYfAYGdck

• Teacher/head in a London(ish) senior school? I want film a 1hr ish talk to 16-18 yr olds on student finance (to put? https://t.co/dSsSp1UVDF

• RT @thismorning: As a ban on rip-off bank fees is announced, @MartinSLewis explains if you can reclaim, and how to cut your overdraft costs?

• Follow Martin