Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Guy
    • By MSE Guy 28th Jan 10, 11:57 AM
    • 1,628Posts
    • 1,255Thanks
    MSE Guy
    MSE News: Beat the car and home insurance cost spike
    • 28th Jan 10, 11:57 AM
    MSE News: Beat the car and home insurance cost spike 28th Jan 10 at 11:57 AM
    This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Limit the damage of rising premiums by following our cost-cutting system. One MoneySaver got motor cover for just 96p ..."

Page 1
  • Wutang
    • 28th Jan 10, 12:43 PM
    • 28th Jan 10, 12:43 PM
    This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Limit the damage of rising premiums by following our cost-cutting system. One MoneySaver got motor cover for just 96p ..."

Originally posted by MSE Guy
    So, the advice is to find the cheapest deal, get cashback and at no stage consider whether the policy is any good?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • wizk1
    • By wizk1 28th Jan 10, 2:28 PM
    • 901 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    wizk1
    • 28th Jan 10, 2:28 PM
    • 28th Jan 10, 2:28 PM
    So, the advice is to find the cheapest deal, get cashback and at no stage consider whether the policy is any good?
    Originally posted by Wutang
    "Step 1: Combine the power of comparison sites. These zip your details to a host of insurers' and brokers' websites in seconds, scraping their data to report back the cheapest. No site lists every provider so the key is combining searches to give yourself the widest range in the least time to find the cheapest policy of those that contain your required cover"

I suggest you read the article properly before making unsubstantiated claims.
    • dacouch
    • By dacouch 28th Jan 10, 3:07 PM
    • 20,693 Posts
    • 12,824 Thanks
    dacouch
    • 28th Jan 10, 3:07 PM
    • 28th Jan 10, 3:07 PM
    The MSE member who got the 96p cover arranged it through Swintons if my memory serves me right and that is 96p to much for one of their policies
    • raskazz
    • By raskazz 28th Jan 10, 4:42 PM
    • 2,832 Posts
    • 1,284 Thanks
    raskazz
    • 28th Jan 10, 4:42 PM
    • 28th Jan 10, 4:42 PM
    "Step 1: Combine the power of comparison sites. These zip your details to a host of insurers' and brokers' websites in seconds, scraping their data to report back the cheapest. No site lists every provider so the key is combining searches to give yourself the widest range in the least time to find the cheapest policy of those that contain your required cover"

Originally posted by wizk1
    I 'suggest' that cover and service are two quite separate issues.

I could quite easily name two companies who provide the same cover but vastly differing service.
  • Wutang
    • 28th Jan 10, 9:04 PM
    • 28th Jan 10, 9:04 PM

Originally posted by wizk1
    I suggest you chill out big letter man - get cashback on a swiftcover policy and see how it goes.

Not sure what unsubstantiatamised means but fair play, its a long word.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • wizk1
    • By wizk1 29th Jan 10, 8:27 AM
    • 901 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    wizk1
    • 29th Jan 10, 8:27 AM
    • 29th Jan 10, 8:27 AM
    I suggest you chill out big letter man - get cashback on a swiftcover policy and see how it goes.

Not sure what unsubstantiatamised means but fair play, its a long word.
    Originally posted by Wutang
    Would you mind if I adopted the name "big letter man"? I quite like it
  • stevel8407
    • 10th Feb 10, 3:09 PM
    ok try this one
    • 10th Feb 10, 3:09 PM
    young driver (my son ) passed his test 48 hours ago got a quote for a 1 litre vauxhall corsa 4033.39 , a bit more than the lady with 96pence i think ,
    steve
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,452Posts Today

5,615Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Mini MSE is on half term next week, so I'm excited to be taking the week off to be daddy. As normal I'm signing of? https://t.co/G3366shWh1

• I once blurted out on @gmb "Theresa May hasn't been given a poisoned chalice - she's been given a poisoned chalice? https://t.co/onfRbY3XVg

• It'd be fascinating to know how history will judge Theresa May's premiership. Currently, it is hard to see it as a? https://t.co/eH77G0O9LA

• Follow Martin