Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Guy
    • By MSE Guy 17th Nov 09, 7:57 PM
    • 1,628Posts
    • 1,255Thanks
    MSE Guy
    MSE News: Brits set for 283m Spanish property compensation
    • 17th Nov 09, 7:57 PM
    MSE News: Brits set for 283m Spanish property compensation 17th Nov 09 at 7:57 PM
    This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Britons who sold a property in Spain between 1997 and 2006 could be elgible for thousands of pounds of compensation, it is claimed ..."

Page 1
  • kippen noedel
    • 18th Nov 09, 8:04 PM
    • 18th Nov 09, 8:04 PM
    Does anyone know if this also applies to the Canaries ??
    • Running Horse
    • By Running Horse 18th Nov 09, 8:16 PM
    • 10,571 Posts
    • 21,268 Thanks
    Running Horse
    • 18th Nov 09, 8:16 PM
    • 18th Nov 09, 8:16 PM
    Or Bulgaria?
    I was present at wreath-laying but don't think I was involved.
  • Milliewilly
    • 18th Nov 09, 8:46 PM
    • 18th Nov 09, 8:46 PM
    Unfortunately programmes like 'A place in the Sun' a few years ago have lulled vunerable people into thinking they can make fortunes in buying off plan and in the 'Eastern Bloc' Amanda Lamb (Scottish Widows woman) was the worst for saying how the Eastern Block was the next best destination, cheap flights planned etc etc values are going to rocket. Apartments for 15K etc.

People have lost everything they own. I do feel genuinely sorry for the ones who have dreamt of a happy retirement to have seen their money vanish or be left with a dusty building plot or been victims of land grab in Spain.

Unless you are fluent in the lingo and the Law - don't bother is my advice, can't trust anyone.
    • Ian W
    • By Ian W 18th Nov 09, 9:04 PM
    • 3,716 Posts
    • 2,074 Thanks
    Ian W
    • 18th Nov 09, 9:04 PM
    • 18th Nov 09, 9:04 PM
    Does anyone know if this also applies to the Canaries ??
    Originally posted by kippen noedel
    Almost certainly - YES. The CGT was paid to the Spanish, not Regional, Govt at the same rates as the rest of Spain.
    Or Bulgaria?
    What? You made a gain?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

119Posts Today

1,614Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @MartinSLewis: I sued Facebook for defamation over scam ads & settled in return for 2 things that LAUNCH TODAY -1on1 scam help at new C?

• Bizzare German twitter mash article has called me "MARTIN LEWIS, der Geldsparexperte," Any german speakers out the? https://t.co/1tXEzCe4Y3

• Have you ever been scammed? If so did you keep it quiet? If not would you keep it quiet or tell people? Please vot? https://t.co/68bkmbT9gc

• Follow Martin