Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Guy
    • By MSE Guy 5th Oct 09, 4:25 PM
    • 1,628Posts
    • 1,255Thanks
    MSE Guy
    MSE News: England match to cost 4.99 (if you book early)
    • 5th Oct 09, 4:25 PM
    MSE News: England match to cost 4.99 (if you book early) 5th Oct 09 at 4:25 PM
    This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Football fans who want to watch live coverage of England's match against Ukraine on Saturday in their own homes will have to pay at least 4.99, and they'll have to view online ..."

Page 1
  • comp-uter guy
    • 5th Oct 09, 4:45 PM
    • 5th Oct 09, 4:45 PM
    If you have a Bet365 account (with funds) then you can watch online for free - http://www.bet365.com/extra/extra.aspx?ContentPath=Promotions,Soccer,EnglandLi veStreaming
  • earledawes
    • 5th Oct 09, 5:53 PM
    • 5th Oct 09, 5:53 PM
    Yes, more info on how to watch it free over at hxxp://newbetsfriend.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=43
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 5th Oct 09, 5:57 PM
    • 40,488 Posts
    • 24,534 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 5th Oct 09, 5:57 PM
    • 5th Oct 09, 5:57 PM
    You only need to fund the account, (not bet with the funds), so if you are just wanting to watch the match, all you need to do is sign up, make a deposit, watch the match then withdraw the deposit. No questions asked!
    • Scudlink
    • By Scudlink 5th Oct 09, 10:17 PM
    • 814 Posts
    • 514 Thanks
    Scudlink
    • 5th Oct 09, 10:17 PM
    • 5th Oct 09, 10:17 PM
    You only need to fund the account, (not bet with the funds), so if you are just wanting to watch the match, all you need to do is sign up, make a deposit, watch the match then withdraw the deposit. No questions asked!
    Originally posted by Quentin
    You would be falling foul of this condition in their T&C's:-

If the value of a deposit is not played through in full before a withdrawal is requested, bet365 reserve the right to make a charge to the customers account to cover all reasonable costs relating to both the deposit and withdrawal. If necessary the value of the withdrawal requested may be reduced accordingly.
    • malkie76
    • By malkie76 5th Oct 09, 10:23 PM
    • 5,711 Posts
    • 6,757 Thanks
    malkie76
    • 5th Oct 09, 10:23 PM
    • 5th Oct 09, 10:23 PM
    I'm guessing there will be hundreds of illegal (yet free) streams available on saturday. It exposes the flaw in the internet broadcast model - had they offered it for free and charged for advertising they could probably have made money.

Apparently some cinemas are showing it - but pubs won't
    • plumber2009
    • By plumber2009 5th Oct 09, 10:28 PM
    • 308 Posts
    • 305 Thanks
    plumber2009
    • 5th Oct 09, 10:28 PM
    • 5th Oct 09, 10:28 PM
    What an absolute shamballs.

ITV Supposidly had an aggrement to broadcast all england games in the event of SETANTA collapsing.
    • LeeUK
    • By LeeUK 6th Oct 09, 12:56 AM
    • 6,454 Posts
    • 2,977 Thanks
    LeeUK
    • 6th Oct 09, 12:56 AM
    • 6th Oct 09, 12:56 AM
    The match will be broadcast on TRT Turkish Television for all you people with free-to-air satellite boxes and motorised dishes
  • CHANGEyourMP
    • 6th Oct 09, 5:32 AM
    • 6th Oct 09, 5:32 AM
    I think the BBC a have duty to it's licence fee payer's to come in at the last hour and buy the right's to broadcast it!
  • samutiana
    8/adult, 5.50/concessions at some Odeon cinemas.
    • whatmichaelsays
    • By whatmichaelsays 7th Oct 09, 8:05 AM
    • 2,837 Posts
    • 5,256 Thanks
    whatmichaelsays
    I think the BBC a have duty to it's licence fee payer's to come in at the last hour and buy the right's to broadcast it!
    Originally posted by CHANGEyourMP
    The Beeb did make an offer to buy the rights to the game.

The rights however are owned by the Ukrainian FA, not our FA. The agency that is selling the rights on behalf of the UFA want far more than any British broadcaster is prepared to pay for a dead-rubber game.
  • adam10easywishes
    You would be falling foul of this condition in their T&C's:-

If the value of a deposit is not played through in full before a withdrawal is requested, bet365 reserve the right to make a charge to the customers account to cover all reasonable costs relating to both the deposit and withdrawal. If necessary the value of the withdrawal requested may be reduced accordingly.
    Originally posted by Scudlink
    Deposit 1 and bet on the game. Might make it a bit more interesting given that England have already qualified!
    • deefadog
    • By deefadog 7th Oct 09, 9:18 AM
    • 2,145 Posts
    • 619 Thanks
    deefadog
    It's unbelievable you have to pay to watch your national side play on TV!

I will be going over my mate justins house to watch this

• Monstaswifey
    This is a disgrace! Our national team playing and having to pay for the priviledge of watching it and via braodband which costs us all more money and most of us will be trying to view it on a laptop!

Can someone please advise where I can watch this for free and why will no pubs be showing it? To hard to stream it onto a big screen and rubbish quality?

MonstasWifey
  • jaspa1980
    Or they're giving away 10 free passes to watch the match on the legit website today. Head over to their Facebook page. Think they're doing it everyday.

Sorry I can't post links yet but if you go to Facebook and search for Ukraine v England in 'Pages' I'm sure it will come up.
  • savercol
    Deefadog.
    I like the sly mention of Justins house. That will be on justin tv I bet! I, like many, watch 3pm matches live via internet with wonky streams.
    My worry is that all we are going to hear about Saturday night is the lousy feed with constant buffering.
  • jaspa1980
    Well there won't be problems with the official one if 99% of people are using Justin tv
  • waynef
    If anyone does want to watch a decent quality stream, I'd buy it today for 4.99 before the price goes up. I'm sure the official stream would be a lot better than the one on offer at Justin's house.

Interesting that ukrainevsengland.com also highlights the Bet365 offer - I wonder what most people would choose?
    • whatmichaelsays
    • By whatmichaelsays 7th Oct 09, 1:43 PM
    • 2,837 Posts
    • 5,256 Thanks
    whatmichaelsays
    If anyone does want to watch a decent quality stream, I'd buy it today for 4.99 before the price goes up. I'm sure the official stream would be a lot better than the one on offer at Justin's house.

Interesting that ukrainevengland.com also highlights the Bet365 offer - I wonder what most people would choose?
    Originally posted by waynef
    I'm sure that ukrainevengland.com will be on an affiliate kick-back from Bet365. They'll win either way.
  • steve$$$$$
    This is a disgrace! Our national team playing and having to pay for the priviledge of watching it and via braodband which costs us all more money and most of us will be trying to view it on a laptop!

Can someone please advise where I can watch this for free and why will no pubs be showing it? To hard to stream it onto a big screen and rubbish quality?
    Originally posted by Monstaswifey
    Typical English attitude, Scotland Home Games have not been on BBC for
    years, but didn't hear you shouting about that.

The English are forever forgetting that the BBC is for the UK not just Englands needs !!!!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

193Posts Today

2,935Users online

Martin's Twitter