Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • jay.tyler
    • 29th Sep 09, 6:12 PM
    Advert
    • 29th Sep 09, 6:12 PM
    The most obvious advert in the long list of adverts posing as 'blog entries'
  • oakhouse13
    • 30th Sep 09, 7:56 AM
    • 30th Sep 09, 7:56 AM
    Or just the way he thinks would be a reasonable explanation especially since he often says that he is not interested in music, and I believe him.

Worse was a recent 'news' article about cashback based on some research. It read like propoganda for cashback which in truth has all sorts of outcomes not just the very specific ones featured. Once you sign up with a cashback site you are targeted with offers since cashback sites make money from increasing your spend. It would only take a few extra discretionary purchases influenced by cashback to wipe out any 'saving'. Cashback does not always pay out, in fact forums are full of complaints at not receiving cashback. None of these views were reported in the 'news'. If the writer penned news about politics he would make the case for one outcome, not good, we would have far less debate and a less well informed public.
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 30th Sep 09, 9:34 AM
    • 8,115 Posts
    • 42,285 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    • 30th Sep 09, 9:34 AM
    • 30th Sep 09, 9:34 AM
    Welcome to the Twilight Zone!

Am I reading a different blog? What advert could there possibly be in there. Its a fun tale about a pop star.

As for the rather left field notes about cashback sites - all are valid points all are of course listed and warned about in the sites official cashback guide http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cashback-websites which is linked to from every mention of cashback.

Anyway back to the music folks. Does make you wonder why you bother sometimes.

Martin
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • Henry_Hoover
    • 30th Sep 09, 10:53 AM
    • 30th Sep 09, 10:53 AM
    The most obvious advert in the long list of adverts posing as 'blog entries'
    An advert for what?

:confused: Sorry, I must be missing something!

• alwaysonthego
    • By alwaysonthego 30th Sep 09, 12:32 PM
    • 7,915 Posts
    • 10,749 Thanks
    alwaysonthego
    • 30th Sep 09, 12:32 PM
    • 30th Sep 09, 12:32 PM
    Someone has a case of the green eyed monster against our lovely Martin!!

Thanks for your blog, I always enjoy reading them
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

85Posts Today

1,549Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @IsabelHardman: This is really good. For all the stuff about noisy rows over the past few days, it?s worth remembering that a lot of abu?

• This is why I wrote the guide to financial abuse. It's tough to know when it's happening to you. It's also worth? https://t.co/XGI2sI7hOU

• RT @David_Challen: Really happy @MartinSLewis is raising awareness of economic/financial abuse. My mother cleaned her cousins home for poc?

• Follow Martin