Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Guy
    • By MSE Guy 24th Sep 09, 11:39 AM
    • 1,628Posts
    • 1,255Thanks
    MSE Guy
    MSE News: Last chance to grab Tesco 'double-up' vouchers
    • 24th Sep 09, 11:39 AM
    MSE News: Last chance to grab Tesco 'double-up' vouchers 24th Sep 09 at 11:39 AM
    This is the discussion thread for the following MSE News Story:

"Tesco will close its 'double-up' Clubcard voucher scheme next Wednesday.This means the next few days mark the last chance .."

Page 1
  • LolaCola
    • 25th Sep 09, 8:01 AM
    lost out on double up :-(
    • 25th Sep 09, 8:01 AM
    I only found this out yesterday when i stumbled on a note on tescos website. I am in the christmas savers club and i was blissfully unaware and thought offer would still be on when i got my vouchers in nov. So I rang to ask if I could have my vouchers converted in time for 30th. Turns out that i am too late and they can't release my vouchers until November, by which time I will miss out on the double up offer. Tesco said they had sent out letters and put up signs in store to this effect, but i don't recall any letter and i don't often shop instore, just online. I'm gutted. The lady on the helpline said there were others that were also complaining of the same thing and she would "log" my complaint, but there was nothing she could do. So sad i've missed out, was going to help with christmas ......
    • aspiration
    • By aspiration 28th Sep 09, 11:47 AM
    • 203 Posts
    • 127 Thanks
    aspiration
    • 28th Sep 09, 11:47 AM
    • 28th Sep 09, 11:47 AM
    I only found this out yesterday when i stumbled on a note on tescos website. I am in the christmas savers club and i was blissfully unaware and thought offer would still be on when i got my vouchers in nov. So I rang to ask if I could have my vouchers converted in time for 30th. Turns out that i am too late and they can't release my vouchers until November, by which time I will miss out on the double up offer. Tesco said they had sent out letters and put up signs in store to this effect, but i don't recall any letter and i don't often shop instore, just online. I'm gutted. The lady on the helpline said there were others that were also complaining of the same thing and she would "log" my complaint, but there was nothing she could do. So sad i've missed out, was going to help with christmas ......
    Originally posted by LolaCola
    Hi there. I am a bit confused by this post.
    My understanding is that you can double up your tesco tokens at any store by 30th. Then you can use the new tokens at any time, on line or in stores, depending on what was asked for when converting.
  • onetomany
    • 28th Sep 09, 11:59 AM
    • 28th Sep 09, 11:59 AM
    My understanding is that you can double up your tesco tokens at any store by 30th. Then you can use the new tokens at any time, on line or in stores, depending on what was asked for when converting.
    Originally posted by aspiration
    think you have 3 months to use them
    • cbrown372
    • By cbrown372 28th Sep 09, 12:04 PM
    • 1,244 Posts
    • 3,869 Thanks
    cbrown372
    • 28th Sep 09, 12:04 PM
    • 28th Sep 09, 12:04 PM
    You can use the doubled up voucher until the date stated on the voucher, I converted one last week and its valid until 24/12/09.
  • pretzelnut
    • 28th Sep 09, 1:18 PM
    • 28th Sep 09, 1:18 PM
    I havent seen any info in store, but have known about this for a few weeks as it isstated online.

Bit cheeky of tesco's in my opinion as i was saving up to double up on toys when i got my november statrement, but have now had to have a re-think. Especially as there is nothing i need or want from the rewards list.
    Is thankful to those who have shared their
    fortune with those less fortunate
    than themselves - you know who you are!
    • LesD
    • By LesD 10th Oct 09, 1:35 PM
    • 2,059 Posts
    • 666 Thanks
    LesD
    • 10th Oct 09, 1:35 PM
    • 10th Oct 09, 1:35 PM
    Just popped back to say thanks for this heads-up!

I had forgotten the deal closed on 30 Sept. until reading this in the early hours of 1st OCTOBER (3 a.m.!!!!)

But, the web site still let me put in an order and the vouchers arrived today. How lucky can you be?
  • LolaCola
    • 10th Oct 09, 2:54 PM
    • 10th Oct 09, 2:54 PM
    Originally posted by aspiration
    Sorry for the confusion. My prob was that I am in the Christmas saver club and save my points all year until I receive them in November in one lump. I was unable to take advatage of the double up as I found out too late and Tesco refused to release my vouchers in time for double up deadline of Sept 30th. They said that I had missed the deadline for leaving the Christmas saver club (which i believe was in August?) but I knew nothing about it. I felt it was unfair as I have missed out.
    • Alias_Omega
    • By Alias_Omega 10th Oct 09, 3:23 PM
    • 7,259 Posts
    • 3,954 Thanks
    Alias_Omega
    • 10th Oct 09, 3:23 PM
    • 10th Oct 09, 3:23 PM
    We transferred 85 worth of vouchers, the wife is using them on clothes, thats when she remembers to take them with her.

I use tesco to fill the car with fuel for work, so about 60-70 a week. It soon adds up, plus its actually on the way to work which helps too.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

567Posts Today

5,516Users online

Martin's Twitter