Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • geordie_lass
    • 7th Jul 09, 7:10 PM
    • 7th Jul 09, 7:10 PM
    Call yourself a Moneysaver? What about the duty frees?
    • jamespir
    • By jamespir 7th Jul 09, 7:13 PM
    • 18,725 Posts
    • 19,767 Thanks
    jamespir
    • 7th Jul 09, 7:13 PM
    • 7th Jul 09, 7:13 PM
    so you saved money on a phone call say about a 2-3 pounds but spent 70-100 pounds on the train/ferry not a good bargain
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
    • robpw2
    • By robpw2 7th Jul 09, 7:14 PM
    • 12,646 Posts
    • 26,389 Thanks
    robpw2
    • 7th Jul 09, 7:14 PM
    • 7th Jul 09, 7:14 PM
    thinks about the damage to the environment lol
    im thinking this isnt very moneysaving lol couldnt they ahve used cgi and some onions to suggest you was in france lol

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
    • jamespir
    • By jamespir 7th Jul 09, 7:41 PM
    • 18,725 Posts
    • 19,767 Thanks
    jamespir
    • 7th Jul 09, 7:41 PM
    • 7th Jul 09, 7:41 PM
    thinks about the damage to the environment lol
    im thinking this isnt very moneysaving lol couldnt they ahve used cgi and some onions to suggest you was in france lol
    Originally posted by robpw2
    like they did in the car that was well funny
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
    • Jojo the Tightfisted
    • By Jojo the Tightfisted 7th Jul 09, 9:45 PM
    • 25,648 Posts
    • 104,987 Thanks
    Jojo the Tightfisted
    • 7th Jul 09, 9:45 PM
    • 7th Jul 09, 9:45 PM
    Carbon Footprint? Carbon small house floor plan, more like.

I'm appalled at the waste...
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.

Yup you are officially Rock n Roll
    Originally posted by colinw
    • Doozergirl
    • By Doozergirl 7th Jul 09, 10:45 PM
    • 26,982 Posts
    • 72,160 Thanks
    Doozergirl
    • 7th Jul 09, 10:45 PM
    • 7th Jul 09, 10:45 PM
    "Je ne le pense pas"?

Now I gave up on French about three weeks into A Level and can't remember much but surely that 'le' shouldn't be in there as it would suggest that 'think' is a noun when it's a verb? Isn't it just 'Je ne pense pas'?
    Last edited by Doozergirl; 07-07-2009 at 10:55 PM.
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • southernscouser
    • 7th Jul 09, 10:46 PM
    • 7th Jul 09, 10:46 PM
    You made the right decision not getting off.
    • Tarry
    • By Tarry 8th Jul 09, 9:54 AM
    • 10,949 Posts
    • 24,187 Thanks
    Tarry
    • 8th Jul 09, 9:54 AM
    • 8th Jul 09, 9:54 AM
    Are you sure you didn't check out the "duty frees" (as it's not technically duty free anymore), Martin rofl

When I go to France I always get a text from ROAMING :S
    The Very Right Honourable Lady Tarry of the Alphabetty thread

-I just love finding bargains and saving money
    I love to travel as much as I can when I can
    Life has a way to test you, it's how you deal with this that matters
    • robpw2
    • By robpw2 8th Jul 09, 10:30 AM
    • 12,646 Posts
    • 26,389 Thanks
    robpw2
    "Je ne le pense pas"?

Now I gave up on French about three weeks into A Level and can't remember much but surely that 'le' shouldn't be in there as it would suggest that 'think' is a noun when it's a verb? Isn't it just 'Je ne pense pas'?
    Originally posted by Doozergirl
    yes le shouldnt be there it is je ne pense pas but i think martin wrote it in a very ironic way .

Slimming world start 28/01/2012 starting weight 21st 2.5lb current weight 17st 9-total loss 3st 7.5lb
    Slimmer of the month February , March ,April
    • urbankoala
    • By urbankoala 8th Jul 09, 11:33 AM
    • 172 Posts
    • 121 Thanks
    urbankoala
    :confused: All this for a 90 second clip? It's perhaps not a surprise ITV is in such dire financial straits!

I'm surprised that GMTV hadn't heard about colour separation overlay. Makes me wonder what sort of 'talent' is employed by ITV if they don't use it for this purpose.
  • BigMikeyG
    I'm sure the TV company paid for the boat so it was good money saving from Martin as he got to go on a free boat ride :-p
    Date I decided to clear my debt: 03/12/08
    Debt started with: Loan - 2195, Credit Card - 1738, Interest free overdraft -500 = TOTAL - 4433
    Current Debt: Loan - 0, Credit Card 1 - 1346, Credit Card 2 - 906 Interest free overdraft -0 = TOTAL - 2252
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 8th Jul 09, 11:49 PM
    • 1,587 Posts
    • 1,493 Thanks
    JDPower
    Um, you got a ferry to Calais but say you 'almost' went to France??? Last time I checked Calais was in France
    • JayZed
    • By JayZed 14th Jul 09, 4:11 PM
    • 712 Posts
    • 595 Thanks
    JayZed
    "Je ne le pense pas"?

Originally posted by Doozergirl

"Je ne le pense pas" is correct. It means, literally, "I don't think it" (i.e. "I don't think so"). "Le" is the objective pronoun meaning "it".
    • robnye
    • By robnye 15th Jul 09, 7:58 AM
    • 5,336 Posts
    • 1,121 Thanks
    robnye
    just watched the clip this morning.... very good..... although martins dark pink striped shirt he was wearing when talking to lorraine kelly, made my eyes go funny......
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to....
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,208Posts Today

7,082Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's Twitter Poll: How do you view nuclear power? Is it an environmentally friendly form of clean renewable ene? https://t.co/WE5pRJ1Jsx

• So how much work do I actually do on the MSE weekly email these days, now I?m in the exhaulted position of ?Executi? https://t.co/b8XWxPiUwn

• Dear gumtree - I feel I've been sold a kipper. You're advertising has my face on it but I don't do adverts. If yo? https://t.co/kJAuziloOM

• Follow Martin