Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • dirtyflannel
    • By dirtyflannel 17th Apr 09, 3:17 PM
    • 227Posts
    • 111Thanks
    dirtyflannel
    0 WOW
    I love this forum
    • 17th Apr 09, 3:17 PM
    0 WOW
    I love this forum 17th Apr 09 at 3:17 PM
    Well came on for a browse and never laughed so much in my life. Thought I'd try a bit of money saving and was directed to a forum that must have been made a couple of years ago. It was all about making meals out of store cupboard bits and pieces. Everyone was mentioning sprouty onions and baked bean tarts. I wont be laffing when I am poor as a church mouse though might have to take some of the tips and put them into practice before long.
Page 1
  • valk_scot
    • 17th Apr 09, 4:54 PM
    • 17th Apr 09, 4:54 PM
    My mum used to make baked bean tarts when I was a kid. She would line fairy cake tins with pastrey offcuts, put some chopped cooked bacon and a spoonful of baked beans in the bottom, pour over some beaten egg and bake them. They were bloody gorgeous!
    Val.
  • cheapscate
    • 17th Apr 09, 6:58 PM
    • 17th Apr 09, 6:58 PM
    My mum used to make baked bean tarts when I was a kid. She would line fairy cake tins with pastrey offcuts, put some chopped cooked bacon and a spoonful of baked beans in the bottom, pour over some beaten egg and bake them. They were bloody gorgeous!
    Originally posted by valk_scot
    They sound lovely! Makes me think of the cost cutting things my mum made - like ice cream out of evapourated milk - yum!
    • BigMummaF
    • By BigMummaF 17th Apr 09, 11:24 PM
    • 4,269 Posts
    • 32,002 Thanks
    BigMummaF
    • 17th Apr 09, 11:24 PM
    • 17th Apr 09, 11:24 PM
    Fishcakes made with a pot of salmon & shrimp paste, with bread & butter for a tea-time treat! Scrummy!
    Full time Carer for Mum; harassed mother of three;
    loving & loved by two 4-legged babies.

• focus888
    • By focus888 17th Apr 09, 11:50 PM
    • 1,764 Posts
    • 4,132 Thanks
    focus888
    • 17th Apr 09, 11:50 PM
    • 17th Apr 09, 11:50 PM
    There are so many useful thread although some are so old that there are now over a 100 pages and once you start reading one you just want to know what others have posted very addictive. am very happy have stumbled across this site.
    Saving for Xmas 2017 - #65
    365 Penny challenge - #16
    How Much Will You Spend in 2017 - #16
  • Janae
    • 18th Apr 09, 6:47 AM
    • 18th Apr 09, 6:47 AM
    I'm also very happy to have found this site. My serious lurking started when i came across Mbaz's 20 for the month challenge last autumn - brilliant and very helpful!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

680Posts Today

6,198Users online

Martin's Twitter