Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
    • butler_helen
    • By butler_helen 1st Apr 09, 4:55 PM
    • 1,846 Posts
    • 3,197 Thanks
    butler_helen
    • 1st Apr 09, 4:55 PM
    • 1st Apr 09, 4:55 PM
    I don't mind this scheme if the children are only able to swim at certain times.

It irritates me when I've paid 3.50 to swim amongst lots of teenagers who don't respect the lanes or my personal space. The noise on some occasions when there has been free U16 swimming has been shocking- so bad I've asked for a refund and left.

I'd love to know whether the councils see a drop in paying swimmers at any point in their timetables- e.g. after 3pm or on weekends.

(Having just checked the link, only the Oxford pools I use are affected- so Oxford city council will be losing my custom unless it's an adult only night)
  • Jack's mummy
    • 1st Apr 09, 7:03 PM
    • 1st Apr 09, 7:03 PM
    In Kirklees it's only for certain sessions I believe. The lane swimming sessions are just for adults still
    • tessie bear
    • By tessie bear 1st Apr 09, 7:08 PM
    • 4,364 Posts
    • 30,028 Thanks
    tessie bear
    • 1st Apr 09, 7:08 PM
    • 1st Apr 09, 7:08 PM
    :confused: nuneaton has opted out...cant afford it according to the local rag
    onwards and upwards
  • looby75
    • 1st Apr 09, 7:14 PM
    • 1st Apr 09, 7:14 PM
    in County Durham its for any standard session and for under 18's (not 16's much to dd's relief as she turned 16 last week and thought she was going to miss out on the freebie, brought her up in true MSE style ) and over 60's

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,100Posts Today

6,792Users online

Martin's Twitter