Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Andrea
    • By Former MSE Andrea 22nd Dec 05, 1:20 PM
    • 9,418Posts
    • 22,337Thanks
    Former MSE Andrea
    Off on holiday! Hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year Blog Discussion
    • 22nd Dec 05, 1:20 PM
    Off on holiday! Hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year Blog Discussion 22nd Dec 05 at 1:20 PM
    This is a Chat Forum discussion on Martin's 'Off on holiday! Hope you all have a great Christmas and New Year' blog that you can read here.
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Facebook, MSE Deals Twitter, Forum Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 1
    • Nile
    • By Nile 22nd Dec 05, 1:33 PM
    • 14,406 Posts
    • 14,378 Thanks
    Nile
    • 22nd Dec 05, 1:33 PM
    • 22nd Dec 05, 1:33 PM
    Happy Holidays, I hope you enjoy your well deserved rest Martin.

There's no need to check up on us..........'while the cat's away the mice will play' is utter nonsense.
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • archived user
    • 22nd Dec 05, 1:48 PM
    • 22nd Dec 05, 1:48 PM
    Big hugs from me too Martin. I hope you come back rested and refreshed.
  • tigermatt
    • 22nd Dec 05, 2:54 PM
    • 22nd Dec 05, 2:54 PM
    Have a good holiday. I'm sure the rest of the team will keep the site running well whilst you are away! Enjoy!
    • Ticklemouse
    • By Ticklemouse 22nd Dec 05, 4:46 PM
    • 4,896 Posts
    • 5,486 Thanks
    Ticklemouse
    • 22nd Dec 05, 4:46 PM
    • 22nd Dec 05, 4:46 PM
    Whether you're sunning yourself somewhere hot and exotic or hitting the slopes of Colorado, have a great Xmas, New Year and above all, holiday.

And you didn't listen to Auntie Ticklemouse did you? You HAVE to put the lappy and mobile down, and, more importantly TURN THEM OFF! We will be here when you get back so take a proper break and come back refreshed and ready to get 'em.

(Now, if you'd have put me in the corner of your case, I could have kept an eye on you I am of course thinking only of the welfare of the site and it's members, you realise )
    • charlieheard
    • By charlieheard 23rd Dec 05, 7:21 AM
    • 518 Posts
    • 151 Thanks
    charlieheard
    • 23rd Dec 05, 7:21 AM
    • 23rd Dec 05, 7:21 AM
    Off spending your millions and topping up your (fake) tan for the next series of "Make Me Rich"? Will you be working out, too?

Seriouly, enjoy the break (and ration your use of the laptop!) I'm sure we won't get into too much trouble while you're away...

Jumbo

"You may have speed, but I have momentum"
  • Dodgybloke
    • 23rd Dec 05, 12:01 PM
    • 23rd Dec 05, 12:01 PM
    I've known of the existence of this site for a while. First heard Martin on Radio 5 a few years back and missed the site address. Found the address finally this year. It was worth the wait. A big thumbs up for a site I believe can help make a difference.

To help sort out my sisters financial thinking, I've duly got her the money diet for Christmas. Hope she becomes a winner financially speaking as a result.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,099Posts Today

8,840Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Channel 4 really screwed up not doing this on the Tory leaders debate last night, just think of the ratings... https://t.co/eYYfAYGdck

• Teacher/head in a London(ish) senior school? I want film a 1hr ish talk to 16-18 yr olds on student finance (to put? https://t.co/dSsSp1UVDF

• RT @thismorning: As a ban on rip-off bank fees is announced, @MartinSLewis explains if you can reclaim, and how to cut your overdraft costs?

• Follow Martin