Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Archna
    • By MSE Archna 20th May 08, 1:07 PM
    • 1,874Posts
    • 6,140Thanks
    MSE Archna
    I didnít say that! Part 1Ö.things people assume I think but I donít. Blog Discussion
    • 20th May 08, 1:07 PM
    I didnít say that! Part 1Ö.things people assume I think but I donít. Blog Discussion 20th May 08 at 1:07 PM
    This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Click reply to discuss below.
    Last edited by MSE Martin; 22-05-2008 at 12:41 PM.
    Report inappropriate posts: forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Page 1
    • nim
    • By nim 20th May 08, 2:36 PM
    • 33 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    nim
    • 20th May 08, 2:36 PM
    Credit Cards
    • 20th May 08, 2:36 PM
    Also for significant sized purchases buying on credit cards also gives you additional rights by allowing you to go after the CC company if there are problems with the purchase.
    • brownbabygirl
    • By brownbabygirl 20th May 08, 3:51 PM
    • 1,316 Posts
    • 531 Thanks
    brownbabygirl
    • 20th May 08, 3:51 PM
    • 20th May 08, 3:51 PM
    Love this week's blog, Martin! So much needed.
  • Gemmzie
    • 20th May 08, 5:44 PM
    • 20th May 08, 5:44 PM
    Agree with all of the above.

I get several customers refusing store cards because apparently you say they are evil. Despite the rate being the same as most high street credit cards, the cash back scheme through vouchers and the 56 days to pay.
    Then they usually pay on a Vanquis card :rolleyes:
    No longer using this account for new posts from 2013
  • Eric Pisch
    • 22nd May 08, 9:23 AM
    • 22nd May 08, 9:23 AM
    I totally agree with your view point.

Thanks to your many many tips I have saved over 12 grand a year!

Yet I have done so without reducing the quality of the services I get, I halved my mobile's bill yet managed to stay on O2 (only network that has reception at home and work) and kept my needed data pack. I saved 35% of my internet bill but gained 24mb and unlimited downloads (i avg 300gb a month). I kept my Plat Barclaycard but gained 3% cashback, 5k limit per month, repayed each month (I have about 20 shops and paypal setup to the card so moving is a pain). Savings everywhere but no actual change to my lifetyle .

Thanks Martin your a superstar.
  • ZCC72
    • 22nd May 08, 12:36 PM
    • 22nd May 08, 12:36 PM
    This is the discussion to link on the back of Martin's 'Door-to-door salesÖ can we ask them to be more responsible?' blog. Please read the blog first, as this discussion follows it.

Click reply to discuss below.
    Originally posted by MSE Archna
    Oops....not the "door to door sales" blog, but the "I didn't say that" blog!!!

Anyhoo, my friends and I follow ML's advice with great interest - we are eagerly awaiting production of "WWMD" (What would Martin do") bracelets as anti-"bad spend" devices!!
    • joolsybools
    • By joolsybools 28th May 08, 8:43 PM
    • 1,498 Posts
    • 2,724 Thanks
    joolsybools
    • 28th May 08, 8:43 PM
    • 28th May 08, 8:43 PM
    Interesting post dispelling the myths! Congrats on getting the charity set up
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

135Posts Today

1,898Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • It's the weekend, it's the weekend, yay. It's that moment, when as usual, to sign off for family time. So I bid y? https://t.co/2RYRnz3fEe

• Actually the BBC was set up to "educate, entertain and inform" so I think it is one of its responsibilities and cle? https://t.co/HMP4Q2Uptu

• Today's FRI twitter poll: Puritanical new laws by Tories/Labour/EU/Trump/Putin (pick ur own scapegoat) dictate mode? https://t.co/3LW55tFGJ9

• Follow Martin