Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Anne_Marie
    • By Anne_Marie 20th Nov 04, 5:02 AM
    • 2,080Posts
    • 3,436Thanks
    Anne_Marie
    Egg/caper/lemon sauce?
    • 20th Nov 04, 5:02 AM
    Egg/caper/lemon sauce? 20th Nov 04 at 5:02 AM
    Anyone help with this? Hubby loves my equivalent of Viener Schnitzel, I use pork fillet rather than veal.
    I used to serve it with a sauce made with eggs, lemon juice and capers, which was done in a bowl over a simmering pan of water. I cannot for the life of me find the recipe now, and cannot remember if there were any other ingreds.
    Am not even sure if it was supposed to be served with the schnitzel, but he really liked it, and think was a bit disappointed that I didn't make it last time.
    Any suggestions?
Page 1
    • Caterina
    • By Caterina 20th Nov 04, 7:18 PM
    • 5,809 Posts
    • 40,357 Thanks
    Caterina
    • 20th Nov 04, 7:18 PM
    Re: Egg/caper/lemon sauce?
    • 20th Nov 04, 7:18 PM
    It sounds like Tartare sauce, which is just a good homemade mayonnaise with finely chopped capers added. Here is one recipe (with ready-made mayonnaise):

http://thefoody.com/soups/tartaresauce.html

Hope you enjoy it!

Caterina
  • LindaC
    • 20th Nov 04, 8:17 PM
    • 20th Nov 04, 8:17 PM
    Hello

It might be this

http://www.gourmetsleuth.com/recipe_hollandaise.htm

check the variations on the right hand side on the page

hope this helps
    Linda
    • Anne_Marie
    • By Anne_Marie 21st Nov 04, 11:00 AM
    • 2,080 Posts
    • 3,436 Thanks
    Anne_Marie
    • 21st Nov 04, 11:00 AM
    • 21st Nov 04, 11:00 AM
    Thanks Caterina and Linda for both recipes. Will give each a try, and get his nibs to try out to see what he prefers.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,241Posts Today

6,877Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Boris Johnson is now going to be our prime minister. Worth a pause for thought, whatever your political persuasion.

• Boy they're dragging out this #conservativeleadership announcement.Three introducers now each grabbing air time. Get on with it please!

• RT @Screeeeamer: @dwlstacey @MartinSLewis @TUIUK Dear mr Stacy, I need to let you know of a slight amendment to the Porsche 911 you ordered?

• Follow Martin