Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search

Results: Was this tip useful to you?

Yes

83.33% • 5 votes

No

16.67% • 1 votes

You may not vote on this poll

6 votes in total.

Page 7
  • user1234
    Cheers for the code. Works a treat and was much cheaper than the rest.
    • woodstoke
    • By woodstoke 30th Sep 05, 11:17 AM
    • 228 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    woodstoke
    Parking At Stansted Airport
    Hi, i've booked a cheap ryanair flight out of stansted on 20th october and return 6th November, taking the kids on hols......Just wondering if anyone on this forum lives in nearby bishop stortford or near the airport and would let me park my tiny fiesta on their drive.......for a small fee.......can't really afford the pink elephant parking as it is going to be over 100 for duration.......thanks julie
    • Pennywise
    • By Pennywise 3rd Oct 05, 4:30 PM
    • 10,792 Posts
    • 20,346 Thanks
    Pennywise
    Liverpool Airport
    Only 29 for a week's parking in the car park right outside the terminal building - just a few minutes walk. One of the reasons we chose to fly from Liverpool rather than Manchester where the parking is far higher. Also, Liverpool is a lot quieter, so fewer queues, quicker baggage reclaim etc. It's about the same distance from the M6 as Manchester.
  • elaine28
    elaine
    has anyone used the hotel and parking offer on site [url]www.fhr-net.co.uk- one option they have for 1 night 3* hotel accommodation and 15 days parking is 80 very reasonable - the drawback is that they choose the hotel and you find out after you pay full price non refundable. this seems like a good deal against other hotel/15 day parking offers which are in the region of 120. any replies greatly appreciated. ps its gatwick airport dates of travel 1 night accommodation 11 october returning to uk monday 24 october after noon. thanks elaine.
    Last edited by elaine28; 05-10-2005 at 8:17 PM.
  • evesham1988la
    Residential Parking In Bishops Stortford
    STANSTED PARKING - BISHOPS STORTFORD RESIDENTIAL

There's a lovely residential part of Bishops Stortford along Rye Street that I always park in and take the bus into the airport.

The 510 bus runs past on Rye St (first being 4:40am - ideal for early flights) and then every 15mins all day into the airport. Similarly, returning back into Stansted, the last bus leaves at 00:15.

Personally, I park in Lindsey Road opposite the Swimming Pool - which is a quiet affulent area and I feel pretty safe parking my car here and have never had a problem. If you know what you are doing I now find it much quicker than faffing around the Pink Elephant - especially coming back where there are large queues for Pink Elephant buses - and you are not paying 60+ for a weeks car parking.

Multimap - Lindsey Rd, Bishops Stortford
    • MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 24th Oct 05, 11:47 AM
    • 8,111 Posts
    • 42,248 Thanks
    MSE Martin
    Great Cheap Airport Parking Hunt
    Why?

There are many airport parking websites claiming to be the cheapest. I thought I'd tap MoneySavers huge wealth of knowledge to gather all of them in one place.

What do I do?

Please reply to this thread to add your finds.

Related Articles:

Bagged a Cheap Flight
    Barter for a Bargain Beach Trip
    Cheap Travel Insurance
    Cheapest Way to Spend Overseas
    Cheap Roaming Mobile

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 07-03-2006 at 5:55 PM.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
  • john0612
    Just found the cheapest for glasgow http://www.airportparkingservices.co.uk

8days for 20 can't find it any cheaper.
    • Pink.
    • By Pink. 24th Oct 05, 1:09 PM
    • 17,431 Posts
    • 40,365 Thanks
    Pink.
    Some useful threads on this subject on the Northern Ireland board:

Parking @ Belfast Cty Airport

Cheap parking at International airport

Parking at Dublin Airport
    • Woby_Tide
    • By Woby_Tide 24th Oct 05, 1:58 PM
    • 5,202 Posts
    • 1,965 Thanks
    Woby_Tide
    and on the Travel board....!

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=29307
    • spursman
    • By spursman 24th Oct 05, 2:25 PM
    • 240 Posts
    • 133 Thanks
    spursman
    for Gatwick i always use TUDOR ROSE have been using them for over 10 years with no complaints & they always seem to come up cheapest when i look for holiday parking
    all the best
    Spursman
  • meheraltaf
    Further discount exclusive to AA members

http://www.theaa.com/services/member_benefits/airportparking.html
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 28-10-2005 at 1:22 PM.
    meher
    • photome
    • By photome 24th Oct 05, 4:44 PM
    • 13,600 Posts
    • 9,098 Thanks
    photome
    THIS has to be the cheapest....15 days at heathrow next year...purple parking..74.95

but only 18.75 worth of tesco clubcard vouchers, as they are worth 4 times as much.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 28-10-2005 at 1:23 PM.
  • Joannekerry
    I use www.simplyparking.co.uk Paid 99 for 25 days parking at Heathrow (although I have noticed that the earlier you book your parking the cheaper it is)
  • adrewetx
    Skip Parking.. Hire a car
    I'm off to SA for 4 weeks.

Cheapest car parking (hotel or otherwise) was 155. Train Fares: 90.. and who wants to drag family and suitcases across London.

Jump to Alamo/National Car hire and I'm able to hire a car one-way from home to Heathrow (30 for the day), and then collect another one-way car hire on my return (32 for the day).

Climbing on the bus to get to the car-hire is no more trouble than a bus to the car-park. And because the hire fees are for 24hrs, you have an extra car for the family for the few hours before you travel. Invaluable in allowing you to pack the bags, whilst your partner zooms off for some last minute shopping.
    • Nile
    • By Nile 24th Oct 05, 11:03 PM
    • 14,344 Posts
    • 14,292 Thanks
    Nile
    We use Carminder at Manchester Airport. Carminder quoted a cheaper price (31.29) than Autostrong (36.00) in September this year and they've always been efficient and reliable.

If you decide to use Carminder, when you make a repeat booking you'll qualify for a discount.........so remember to retain your booking reference number for next time..........and remember to ask for your discount.
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
    • Sheel
    • By Sheel 25th Oct 05, 12:59 AM
    • 44,846 Posts
    • 40,220 Thanks
    Sheel
    We always use Premier at Manchester Airport as it's extremely convenient being on airport and we've found them to be safe and reliable. It's not the cheapest (although it's not much more than others ) although i've used a code found on these boards to get 15% off , but IMO cheapest isn't always best
    JAMMF
    • divadee
    • By divadee 25th Oct 05, 2:23 PM
    • 10,425 Posts
    • 17,862 Thanks
    divadee
    I search holiday extras for prices. I have recently been quoted 50 for 14 days at gatwick!

http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/index.asp?agent=wx927
    • floppybunny
    • By floppybunny 25th Oct 05, 2:39 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    floppybunny
    Cheap parking at Edinburgh Airport
    Hi

I use Edinburgh Park & Fly. Always been satisfied, secure off Airport parking, with regular bus to/from Terminal. 3.60 a day and friendly people.

Nik
  • Sk8er_Girl
    A bargain through Parking 4 Less online. 79 for overnight in the Holiday Inn H/Row + 15 days hotel site parking + free upgrade to executive room if staying over Sat or Sun, and in mid August too. Hotel + parking is very often cheaper then parking only and you have a night in a hotel near the airport so no stressful drive and worrying about traffic jams.
  • waster
    I search holiday extras for prices. I have recently been quoted 50 for 14 days at gatwick!

http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/index.asp?agent=wx927
    by divadee
    I thought I had read in the Times that Holiday Extras had ceased trading? But then having searched on the internet I found that an erroneous tag had been sent out by TravelMole and it should have read Travel Extras.

Not very good for Holiday Extras as many, like myself before my bit of detective work, will have thought they had ceased trading!!

see here
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

136Posts Today

1,320Users online

Martin's Twitter