Sealed Pot Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• Surfbabe
    Surfbabe Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning - I like the idea of a papier mache pig - may have to do that this weekend. Have now decided to aim for £200 which should be achievable but hope that it will be more - don't want to be too disappointed when i open it. like the idea of weighing the sealed vessel weekly. When exactly are we starting this one from?
  • hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Surfbabe, I think most are starting tomorrow - 1st December.

I am not starting until after Christmas though.

So, basically, start when you want I think!!
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • dreams_R_free
    Options
    I once made a piggy bank for a friend using a balloon and egg cartons, I was a little confused about how to make the stopper. In the end I used the top of a milk carton, the litre, screw top kind, and made it into the piggys nose. It was the perfect shape, and to empty the pig all you had to do was unscrew the nose and tip it up!

I never bothered with stoppers when I made papier mache pigs in the past. They are so easy and cheap to make and if the idea was to keep them sealed up for a length of time I knew a stopper would scupper that! I just cut a hole somewhere in the pig(usually underneath) on opening day and tipped the money out. Unless you are really sentimentally attached to the pig:rotfl: it's easy enough to make another for the next saving session. Children love doing it:j . Otherwise, you could always add a patch of several layers of paper and when it's dry paint that bit. Voila, job done!
  • Hotpoint_2
    Options
    100_0539.jpg

That's my change jar! :j
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    Debt as of 15/10/07: £4489.93
    Current: £1397.05
  • helenhugs
    helenhugs Posts: 1,149 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for adding me to the list :)
    I think I might be down twice though unless there is a helenhuss(I assumed it was a spelling mistake on mine but I'm further up the list)
    Looking forward to starting my little pot. still havent got myself a sealed one but I will see what I can dig out or create :eek: lol
    Hugs
    Helen
    We don't need to do it perfectly - good enough is exactly that GOOD ENOUGH.
    Good Enough Club member number 8
    :j £2 coin club = now in a sealed tin so I'm not sure
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    New member here,
    I already collect all my change in one of those large water bottles, ie the one's you get in the work place, I'm going to empty it tonight, and start counting from tomorrow for 12 months, bring on the pressies for next year, I'm going to aim for silver everyday, instead of coppers.

Bob
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • Candy0107
    Candy0107 Posts: 1,642 Forumite
    Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am all ready to start the challenge/new way of life tomorrow. I bought a Terramundi for £2 coins, and have 'recycled' a large coffeemate tin for 20p and under.

In my Terramundi I have said how much I would like to save, and what I would like to spend it on. When (if) either of them fill up, I will make a huge pig, and use that.

Good luck
    Debts at the start of my journey - about £23,000 lightbulb moment 01.03.2007 (1st payment to CCCS)..Debt Free Date 25.06.2013 Deposit savings £17,000/£30,000
  • MRSMCAWBER
    MRSMCAWBER Posts: 5,442 Forumite
    Options
    evening everyone

The big day will soon be here :D

Im going to weigh my tin too -what a clever idea :T ..... was going to be putting some notes in..may have to get them changed into coins :rotfl: well im trying to lose my weight..but want to gain loads of weight for my tin :p

good luck everyone :D
    -6 -8 -3 -1.5 -2.5 -3 -1.5-3.5
  • mumzyof2
    mumzyof2 Posts: 3,343 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all, i have put all your challenge nubers on the 1st post, if everyone would like to check that i have not forgotten you and that your names and aims are correct. If you have got an aim and would like me to put it on the thread let me know. Can't wait till tomo even tho my terrimundi hasnt arrived yet :( Hopefully tomo. Might not be on in a bit as im gettin tree out of loft n puttin me decs up woohoo!!! Cant wait to see my kids faces.
    Sealed Pot dec 08 - dec 09 so far £27.67, Live off £4k Spent £330.20 GC £1,200 for 2009 Spent £50.78 PaD so far £650.07
    Debts: L/woods £154.00 C/One PAID O/D £649.90 Next £299.95 O/D PAID Gas £72.60 Electric £155.73 Mum £640.00 Orange £490.32
  • headinthesand_3
    Options
    hey mumzy

I'm in! think I will aim for £500!!! Starting tomorrow i'm going to get a terrawhatsit from a shop in town that sells them, website says they only hold around £200 when full!

Also do £2 and £1 coins count?
    DEBT AT LBM £32595.60!!!DEBT 26/3/08:£28532.25
    loan £21135.25:mad: cc 14.9% £2700cc 17.9% £1400 Virgin 0% cc £3200
    Sealed Jar till Dec 08 £0????? Number 81
    Started comping 16/3/08 watch this space
    £5 a day April £0/ £150
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income