Clydesdale (merged)

Has there been any success stories with the clydesdale Bank in Scotland. I got my statesments back - no problems - 1st letter sent for return of money - they responded saying that I signed a contract and ifi'm not happy i should complete a complaints form and if I didn't they would presume that i was happy and forget it.

Comments

• bojada, I'll shift your post into a thread about the Clydesdale in a minute but meantime you should go onto the next step, don't fill in their complaint form.
  • Has anyone else tried to reclaim their bank charges from the Clydesdale bank.

I'm going to send my first letter on Monday 4th December........

DC ;)
    All going to plan I'll be debt free March 2010....3 years and counting... :T
  • It seems not many debtCollector but we'll be interested to hear how you get on :)
  • Yeah, I'll let you know of my progress....... not even sure how much I've paid out in charges, probably £25 a month for going over overdraft...... although don't think that would be every month for the past 6 years......

The thought of having to take them to court is kinda put me off doing this, but will think about that if it happens ;)
  • bojada
    bojada Posts: 5 Forumite
    thanks edinburghlass.
  • bojada
    bojada Posts: 5 Forumite
    Update:-

Clydesdale were very quick sending back my bank statements
    I did the basic calculations and sent in the 1st letter
    They again responded quickly saying I had signed a contract and knew the costs involved should I be overdrawn etc.etc. and I could fill in a complaints form otherwise they would forget it
    I then sent in a letter saying I would accept a reduced payback if they settled within 14 days and within a week thet have come back to say that they need at least 3 weeks to carry out an investigation, taking them over the 2 week period I had given them. Is there a template letter of response for this type of response?

Thanks to Edinburghlass who has been great at getting back.
  • Follow your timescale of the 14 days! You could go back to them and thanks but no thanks you will see them in court and will be starting the next step on such and such a date.
  • Hi, just had a reply to second letter I sent to Clydesdale asking for £3500+ including interest. Most of letter seems to be about the terms and conditions I agreed to, although at the end they wrote "Please note that should you proceed straight to court action against the Bank in respect of this matter, the bank reserves the right to counterclaim against you for damages suffered as a result of the breach by you of your contract with the bank."
    Can anyone explain exactly what this means and any advice what my next move should be? Thanks.
  • Has anyone else tried to reclaim their bank charges from the Clydesdale bank.

I'm going to send my first letter on Monday 4th December........

DC ;)

Hanging head in shame... I havent posted my 1st letter yet....... I'm still waiting to hear back from RBS re a new account.... what a fuss to open a new account, wish I had just went into the branch to open the account, instead of the online application....

:(
  • magic1976
    magic1976 Posts: 10
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi folks,

I have just received my 'rejection' letter from the Clydesdale Bank for the£1050 in bank charges i claimed for on "Irregular fees" and "Direct Debit returned fees" on my Clydesdale Bank Current Account.
    In the letter they included extracts from the terms and conditions stating that for example

"charges for irregular fees, returned direct debits would not apply while your account operated in credit or within an agreed overdraft limit"

"you must obtain the Bank's agreement before overdrawing on your account"
    etc etc

Has anyone dealt with claiming charges from Clydesdale Bank?
    Do you feel I still have a case here by going to the next step in threatening court action?

They also state if i do decide to take this to court the will reserve the right to lodge a counterclaim against myself for the damages suffered of the breach by you of your contract with the Bank.

Is this just the regular gumf they send back to put you off progressing?

Anyones help/advice is much appreciated.

Thanks Craig
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport