Cheap Parcel Delivery Thread MK3

articlealert.gif

There is now a new discussion thread for this topic:

Note:

This thread is meant for posting genuine feedback on experiences with budget courier re-sellers, not for promoting or slandering companies or other forumers involved. Posts which don't abide by the Forum Rules will be deleted.

Comments

• MSEHeader.png

UKlowV7.png

freightsearchv3.jpg

EPD.jpg

pppv2.jpg

PMv3.jpg

heavyparcels-1.jpg

TITAN.jpg

heavy70kgv2.jpg

extrainsurancev2.jpg

freightsearchinsruance.jpg

divv3.png

UKbusV1.png

DHL Sale Track
    Next day (24hr) £4-6 bracket
    Next day by 12pm £6.56
    Next day by 10am £13.13
    Northern Ireland £8.54
    Off Shore Isles £9.19
    Saturday AM £13.13

They guarantee to beat your existing rate. No cut-off, set collection time, labels automatically created, telephone support, track shipments in one place, no manual manifest and can be integrated with website.
    Rates available on 100-800+ parcels a month.

They are part of the Sale Group who provide tailored e-commerce and marketing solutions:
    Sale Pack Web design £200/month (est.) Fully integrated site and technician support.
    Sale Track Marketing £250/month (est.) Maximise search optimisation and manage ad campaigns.

For some screen shots of how it works see here

Freight Search
    Can setup sub accounts with any courier that's best suited to your requirement. Same benefits as Sale Track; no cut-off, auto labels etc. Area representatives will happily pay you a visit.

p4d Shipping Manager
    As above but with an option to integrate with ebay so labels are created automatically when payment is received.
    divv3.png

Eurv1.png

IMPORTANT: Weight- Gross and Volumetric; which ever comes out higher is used to class the weight of your parcel.
    ·Volumetric: length x hight x width/6000
    ·Gross: Natural weight (bathroom scales)

Parcel Machine
    Booking Cut-off ???? £100 Insurance DPD
    <30kg
    Germany £15.40
    Luxembourg
    £16.04
    France/Belgium/Holland
    £17.32
    Austria
    £17.97
    Portugal £20.35
    Slovakia/Czech Rep. £20.53
    Italy/Spain £21.18
    Sweden £23.10
    Finland £24.28
    Excellent rates with DPD

interparcel-eurov2.jpg

transglobal-eurov2.jpg

Sending Worldwide (Ebay)
    Booking Cut-off 10am £100 Insurance TNT
    Cheapest for Mediterranean Islands
    <10KG Malta £29.99
    Other areas contact them
    divv3.png

worv2.png
    WPS-3.jpg

transglobal.jpg

INTERNATIONAL MAILEbay Listing &Website
    5-10 days, <11Kg, maximum 80cm (length) x 58cm(width + depth), The Mail House
    Very big savings possible on parcels up to 11kg sent anywhere in the world

divv3.png

RMv1.png
    Packet Post
    1st and 2nd class post 40% cheaper. The stated minimum requirement is 5000 items annually, but the important figure is a £5000 yearly spend. If you do you can look forward to these prices.

Tracked
    2-3 day small parcel delivery service which is tracked. 5kg and 61cm x 46cm x 46cm maximum. 5000/yearly parcels yearly minimum. Flat rate of roughly £4, calculator here.

International Destination Sort

Slash the cost of airmail by 60-75%. £2500 annual spend required. Prices.
    divv3.png

zone_map.jpg947dd80214.gif

COMPANIES TO AVOID
    smartparcels
    home-textiles (eBay name), parceltree.co.uk, parcelgiant.co.uk, ppwexpress, wigi dispatch, Shalar Enterprises Ltd, Wajahat Shafi, Genuine Fakes, Shafi + more.

Click for why.

Anyone found providing bad service will go on here, likewise anyone who spams or gets up to any mischief what so ever will also go on. Without hesitation.

;) Hope this is of some use to [strike]everyone [/strike]someone!;)

...and of course suggestions/thoughts are welcomed!

MAJOR UPDATE IN THE [strike]PIPELINE[/strike] IN PROGRESS
    Aim to get it up to date, but also make it more user friendly whilst making it as comprehensive as possible!
    UK parcels [link] Long [link] Insurance [link] UK parcels business [link] Europe [link] Int [link] RM [link] FAQ [link]
  • keefrto
    keefrto Posts: 281 Forumite
    well I thought I would update you on the courier that I used for the first time : booked using WWP for pick up 29th Sept for 24hr Delivery. Picked up from London address by DHL, sat around in Vauxhall for number of hrs, reached Manchester at 05:43 30th Sept and was out for delivery by another agent in Aberdeen this morning 01/10/08. So thats the 24hr delivery gone then!!
    Tried to track just now to see if its delivered:
    "Sorry, we couldn't find that tracking number in our system", SO WHERE is it gone then? Blow me thats no use at all. Not blaming WWP here but come on people it wasn't even the outer hebrides!! it was mainstream Aberdeen area. WWP are awaiting a response form DHL. More to follow me thinks:mad:
    Currently 4 me its Rogers Contract cell phone, REBTEL.COM is the best mobile making and receiving calls to/from UK and Canada:beer:
  • kevinyork
    kevinyork Posts: 1,215
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Many discount courier 'agencies' use DHL. I have to say that on the whole they are ok but when things go wrong their customer service can be lacking. We have something like a 10% fail rate with DHL which includes; item said to be an attempted delivery and carded but customer was in and no card left, address said to be undelivereable and yet it exists on RM's postcode checker, item said to be delivered but customer hasnt received it -usually turns out a neighbour has it but again not carded and DHL system doesnt show where it has been left.

It can take a while to get through to their 0870 customer service number and if they need to contact the depot for more information its at least 24 hours until they get a response. Problem is that depots are judged on their performance and if they mark a parcel as an attempted delivery, incomplete address etc then its judged to have met their target and they can then sit on it as long as they want.

For lower volume shippers using DHL through a third party is good value but once you start to increase volumes, errors will inevitably increase and so will the stress levels and admin time involved in sorting out the ones that go wrong.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 71,978
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    I don't know how relevant this is but I had a courier bring a secure item yesterday from a bank and they were moaning that the new system means they take several minutes extra at each house as they now log the colour of the door, the placement of the letter box and a general description (from a tick box option) of where item was left or who signed for it. The man was very talkative he said he would normally do 180 drops a day but this new system bought in to combat claims of non receipt has cut him down to less than half of that.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • rare_stuff
    rare_stuff Posts: 867 Forumite
    soolin wrote: »
    I don't know how relevant this is but I had a courier bring a secure item yesterday from a bank and they were moaning that the new system means they take several minutes extra at each house as they now log the colour of the door, the placement of the letter box and a general description (from a tick box option) of where item was left or who signed for it. The man was very talkative he said he would normally do 180 drops a day but this new system bought in to combat claims of non receipt has cut him down to less than half of that.
    Probably due to the fact he is spending so long moaning about it with each customer!!!
    Do You Twitter?
    Why not follow me and find out what I'm tweeting about!
  • I used DHL for a while, problem is you don't get a valid tracking number when booking via an agent. This made it very difficult when trying to find out the reason for a failed collection as DHL customer service won't help without this. Also they're not keen to give out depot phone numbers. I use parcelforce now & feel much more confident with the service. I was using paypal to book the deliveries but tried www.parcelcheap.com instead yesterday and got a much cheaper price & didn't have to print out labels.
  • keefrto
    keefrto Posts: 281 Forumite
    keefrto wrote: »
    well I thought I would update you on the courier that I used for the first time : booked using WWP for pick up 29th Sept for 24hr Delivery. Picked up from London address by DHL, sat around in Vauxhall for number of hrs, reached Manchester at 05:43 30th Sept and was out for delivery by another agent in Aberdeen this morning 01/10/08. So thats the 24hr delivery gone then!!
    Tried to track just now to see if its delivered:
    "Sorry, we couldn't find that tracking number in our system", SO WHERE is it gone then? Blow me thats no use at all. Not blaming WWP here but come on people it wasn't even the outer hebrides!! it was mainstream Aberdeen area. WWP are awaiting a response form DHL. More to follow me thinks:mad:

Update: Well disappointed, I appreciate no guarantees but DHL have left WWP and myself down. To say to WWP that it will be delivered yesterday, instead it sat in a depot all day, then deliver it today is out of order. 3 days for a 24 hr delivery slot? I would rather pay less and be told it would take 3 days and get there when they said it would. Its a small package but its the inconvenience. My feedback with CS at WWP is that they were apologetic but i also said its not really their fault as they are 3rd party. So no real issues with WWP but as I said DHL let them and me down. Take what you will. I will try another company to see their results but it seems all a bit hit and miss.
    Left As Authorised 02/10/08 14:51 ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE Out for delivery 02/10/08 05:55 ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE Released to other delivery agent 01/10/08 10:49 ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE Arrived At Depot 01/10/08 10:49 ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE Arrived At Depot 01/10/08 10:47 ABERDEEN SERVICE CENTRE Arrived At Depot 30/09/08 05:43 MANCHESTER TERMINAL Departed Depot 29/09/08 19:55 VAUXHALL SERVICE CENTRE Parcel Picked Up 29/09/08 14:15 VAUXHALL SERVICE CENTRE Shipment Data Received 29/09/08 VAUXHALL SERVICE CENTRE
    Currently 4 me its Rogers Contract cell phone, REBTEL.COM is the best mobile making and receiving calls to/from UK and Canada:beer:
  • Firstly let me say thanks to the team on this forum for setting up and maintaining this extremely useful thread. I send approx 100 parcels per week and have done so for the last 6 months or even longer, and I have experience of most of the courier companies mentioned on these threads. I must say, I completely agree with 90% of what the average joe public has posted on here about there experiences with each of the courier's mentioned and I 100% agree that joe public needs to be aware that representatives from these companies do post on these boards under aliases which is so obvious to see.

Anyway, my point for being here is to express my disappointment with ppw whom failed to collect 40 of our parcels 2 weeks ago and have failed to resolve the situation with myself, other than to be so rude as to offer me a refund for 5, yes, 5 of the parcels.

I have sent over 2000 parcels with ppw/dhl and am very disappointed that they fail to recognize and value their customers when things go wrong.
    For the last 2 weeks I have been trying to resolve the situation with yourselves ppw, and you have repeatedly FOBBED me off, with statements such as 'waiting for the director to make a decision' .....
    Sorry, but I run a business too and you cannot allow your customers to wait for 2 weeks while your director ponders which decision to make. It takes all of 5 minutes to make a decision, your trying to use delaying tactics which is completely unacceptable. Today was the last straw, after ringing yourselves and being told I would be called back 'before close of business', what happened to calling me back ?

I did rate your service as one of the better couriers however this episode leaves doubts in my mind I have to say, lets see if we can resolve this now that is written here as my efforts to communicate with yourselves prior have gone ignored.
  • Hi uktrader

I'll go over your post later tonight when I get the chance. Scanning it quickly I get the gist and from what I have read I think it might be worth having a look a Sale Track

Sale Track are part of a much larger group who provide a complete e-commerce solution, including website, marketing and parcel solutions. No booking cut-off time, labels are automatically created and rates will probably be better than PPW considering your volume.
  • Hello ArmitageShanks

Thanks for that tip, its great that these threads provide such a wealth of information and give us a way to provide feedback on these couriers, in turn keeping them on their toes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure