Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • Coxy11
    Hi everyone,

Budgets updated to here

A very warm welcome to our new joiners and returners:
    debbiedodge1737, Dia Pita, Nicki-Sue, savingsnewbie, saving4life, dkcrooby and sugar23

I don't normally post much, apart from the budgets list, but whoever asked about turkey mince recipes, I made a SW recipe last night - turkey kofte kebabs - and it was fab.

500g lean turkey mince
    1tsp ground cumin
    2tsp smoked paprika
    1tsp dried mint
    1tsp ground coriander

Mix all ingredients together and form small meatballs (I made 15 from this mixture). Thread onto skewers - I did three on each skewer - and then flatten into a kofte shape (knobbly sausage shape!!)

Grill for 12 mins, turning once.

I served this with plain boiled rice and a harrissa tomato sauce: 2 tins chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper, 2tsps harissa spice. Simmer for 30 mins until thick.

Delish - and the children loved it.

In other news, we have had a really expensive month. Our washing machine broke down and was unrepairable, so 300 on that. Our dog has been in intensive care at the vet - 900 and counting, plus one car needed servicing and the other it's MOT.

Usually I budget 450 for groceries and nearly always go a little over that. This month I am shopping at Aldi on a weekly basis - means I need to use cash/debit card instead of putting groceries on the cc and paying it off in full each month. I have budgetted 80 per week and so far have only spent 70.43, so we are on track.

Good luck everybody.
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP #1: Collecting Shells by Nancy Cole
    Cross-stitch WIP #2: Pretty Little London by Satsuma Street
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

143Posts Today

1,305Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • So how much work do I actually do on the MSE weekly email these days, now I?m in the exhaulted position of ?Executi? https://t.co/b8XWxPiUwn

• Dear gumtree - I feel I've been sold a kipper. You're advertising has my face on it but I don't do adverts. If yo? https://t.co/kJAuziloOM

• RT @MoneySavingExp: ????This chap ????@MSE_GuyAnker is responsible for delivering MSE's Weekly Email to 14 million people, 52 weeks of the year.?

• Follow Martin