Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • Money saving Diva
    • 20th Jul 09, 3:36 AM
    OS Daily thread - Monday 20th July
    • 20th Jul 09, 3:36 AM
    Hi there! This is the Daily Thread for Monday 20th July! This is an 'Over the garden fence' type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!
    As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or slow internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred.
    When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly, but if not, it's not a problem.
    Please do not start a new Daily Thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two Dailys' live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new Daily Thread after they get up in the morning.
    Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “Hi everyone, hope you are all well” type start is just as good

Morning OS lovelies,
    Gemshaw - to the thread - it's good to have you here.
    taplady - Well done on the race and I am sure Lesley was cheering you on.
    Noahs - So sorry the headaches are still happening
    Church - I hope your son is continuing to get better hon
    Mummy - I would snatch your hand off to get fresh blackberries...They have been one of my fave fruits since we used to go 'up the lanes' and pick them when kids. I never minded the scratches, they seemed worth it for the fruit. Before I became less mobile I used to make my OH pull over in all sorts of odd places just so I could pick some blackberries and always had an empty tupperware in the car just in case!
    Haribo - your holiday sounds absolutely fantastic. Hope the wounded twin feels better soon, sounds nasty.
    Squiggles - so when do you start your Masters? I loved doing mine - was almost planning it before I had finished my BA!
    hester - Terrific news re your NVQ presentation!
    Vicky - Hope the cold gets better soon.
    Ladyshopper - thank you for the good wishes for Tristan
    Hilstep, Fairy, Penpin, 3Jays, Cranky, Loopylinz - thinking of you all

Have been talking to Tristan for about an hour and a half now.. he is a bit down which is sad. Am trying to keep him smiling.

Not much else to say today so here is a recipe:

Divas' cheap and easy chocolate cookies
    4oz/125g butter
    2oz/75g caster sugar
    1/2 tsp vanilla essence plus a drop or two!
    3 1/2oz/110g plain flour
    1/2 oz/15g cocoa powder (real cocoa powder and not a substitute as they won't taste as good)
    Milk to bind
    • Cream the butter and sugar together, adding the vanilla essence until the whole mixture is light and fluffy.
    • Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into the butter and sugar mixture and then stir in.
    • Drop teaspoons of the mixture onto a baking sheet. This makes about 15 - 18.
    • Bake in a fairly hot oven Gas mark 5 or 375f for about 15 mins or so.
    • Leave on the tray to cool for a min or so before moving to a wire rack.
    I hope everybodys week starts well... Warm gentle to anyone who would like one.

Diva.x
    Last edited by Money saving Diva; 21-07-2009 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Getting the recipe right!
    To be frugal, you need to spend money wisely, simply spending less is not enough.
    If you can't handle me at my worst then you don't deserve me at my best...
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

828Posts Today

6,712Users online

Martin's Twitter