Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • KAAT_LADY
    Good Morning All

Its nice and mild this morning I have just had some of my HM bread and its lovely .I had beter get sommat done today like hoovering and dusting as I have not done any for a few days

DH mad some of DIVAs pick a lilly last night and he is raving about it ,,he loves it ,,THANKS MSDIVA..it is brilliant according to him ..i dont like pick a lilly.

just off to look at PPs thread see whats what

see you later

Ann x
    ps if anyone likes pick a lilly please try this recipe its to rave about so my OH says

DIVAS PICK A LILLY

700ml Malt vinegar
    2 tbsp Coriander seeds
    500g Cauliflower, broken into 3cm florets
    2 Onions, peeled and chopped
    3 tbsp English mustard powder
    3 tbsp Plain flour
    1 tbsp Turmeric
    2 tsp Ground ginger
    150ml Cider vinegar
    100g French beans or runner beans, trimmed and cut into 1cm slices
    Cucumber or courgettes, quartered lengthways and cut into 1cm slices
    2 Garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
    200g Granulated sugar

Place the malt vinegar and coriander seeds in a large pan and bring to a boil. Add the cauliflower and onion and simmer for 5 minutes until slightly softened but still crunchy.
    Meanwhile, put the mustard, flour, turmeric and ginger in a small bowl and gradually whisk in the cider vinegar until smooth.
    Add the remaining vegetables, garlic and sugar to the pan and stir over the heat for 2–3 minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Drain over a large bowl to collect the vinegar.
    Put the mustard mixture in the pan and bring to the boil. Gradually add the drained malt vinegar and simmer for 10 minutes, until thick enough to coat the back of the spoon. Add the drained vegetables and take off the heat.
    Spoon into sterilised jars

I thought I had lost it its taken me all this time to find it

Last edited by KAAT_LADY; 13-10-2008 at 6:51 AM.
    mortgage free as of 06/02/2008#
    berthas buddies No 5
    murphys no more pies club member ,No 242..
    .,night owl 25

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,125Posts Today

7,937Users online

Martin's Twitter