Edinburgh hotels?

in Scotland
5 replies 883 views
Can anyone from Edinburgh tell me which hotels are near the Usher hall? Would parking be a nightmare around there? Thanks.

Replies

• Edinburghlass_2Edinburghlass_2 Forumite
    32.7K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sheraton is right across the road from the Usher Hall and has a paying car park ;)
  • rrwfotrrrwfotr Forumite
    573 Posts
    hi myself and my wife stayed in ebinburgh a few weeks ago, we looked at hotels however worked out quite expensive. Have you considered a holiday apartment. We stayed just off princes street and paid £150 for a 3 day stay including off road parking.

ps I got the holiday let off an ebay listing, the guys got a website which i can pm to if you require. Would highly recommend. I've stayed in loads of 4 and 5 star hotels with work and this place was very nice I was well chuffed.
  • Try this website,

www.hotelconnexions.co.uk

They often have late deals. There is a Holiday Inn Express (at least I think that's what it is) about 5 mins walk from the Usher Hall as well which has it's own car park.
  • Focussing on the parking, there is a multi-floor car park 2 minutes walk away from Usher Hall which can be accessed via King's Stables Road or Castle Terrace - both of these streets are just east of the Usher Hall. On street parking in the city centre is expensive and difficult to find a space around Usher Hall (and usually limited to 2 hours) but free at night after 6.30pm (not recommended if you are having a long lie as the traffic meanies will get you in the morning).
    There are hotels on Laurieston Place which are within 7 minutes walk of the usher hall - Ibis being one of them (I think its also got one of its sister hotels next door) but also another across the road - McDonald I think.
    Bus service is excellent from Bruntsfield to Lothian Road (Usher Hall) and there are hotels (some have parking) there as well as on street parking within 5-7 minutes walk away (Greenhill Terrace/Place etc. If you don't find a hotel in the immediate vicinity and do have to bus it at any time here is a link to the local bus service http://www.lothianbuses.co.uk/

Look at https://www.multimap.co.uk for an idea of where these streets are.
  • competitionscafecompetitionscafe Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can recommend this B&B - it's not exactly 'near' the Usher Hall, but only about a 20 minutes walk away and in a nicer part of town than the Lothian Road area (which can get a bit 'interesting' on Friday and Saturday nights)

http://www.aboutscotland.com/edin/gloucester.html
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow