Cover Girl Studio

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in I won! I won! I won!
115 replies 42K views

Replies

• Hi i also got a call from these people saying i won a prize and need to come in for a beauty makeover.
    I told them i need to think about this as i am still studying. Found this page after searching for info on the company.
    What i can see is there are good and bad reviews. The main concern is bout the deposit.will i get it back after the shoot?

thanks a lot...
  • Hi i also got a call from these people saying i won a prize and need to come in for a beauty makeover.
    I told them i need to think about this as i am still studying. Found this page after searching for info on the company.
    What i can see is there are good and bad reviews. The main concern is bout the deposit.will i get it back after the shoot?

thanks a lot...

only advice i got is go 4 it..my girl got the call bout the 9th jan and well she decided on our behalf and booked us in. I was sceptical and went thru the site and was a bit shocked about the whole deal...tried to explain this to my girl but she was adamant..

well to cut a long story short, we went and well, the pictures turned out great.had to wait a bit though..but it was satisfying to get the pics..hey whatever keeps the missus happy is fine by me..
    We only took like 3 pics only - the free image and one each of us.used the deposit to offset the amount and walked away happy..

try it..pay the deposit, go for the experience, take the free image if you dont want to purchase anything else, and leave...you wont be losing anything....
  • DON'T DO IT

Just had a phonecall from a man named ricky, stating i had won bla bla bla. did the whole pitch about what i'd get (how i could have my boobs big and waist small n all of that) came to the end, wanted £30 deposit, said i would need to find card (actually wanted time to research it) - he kept ringing both landline and mobile, picked up phone and said i didn't want it as had read some pretty rough reviews - was very rude, and was quickly hung up to try and pester another person!

its your call , but at the end of the day is its a competition valued at £500 why should you pay a deposit upfront and then be coerced into buying more expensive photos? :rotfl:
  • i too won a free make over yesterday,i was very warey from the beginning of the call,the girl who rang kept saying you dont seem very exited!to be honest i was waiting for the 'it will cost you' part!!!
    it all sounded great,id even won VIP passes to china white in london,she then went on to tell me i had to pay the deposit,one for myself and whoever came with me then one for my friends who id choose to come to the club with me.
    shurley if you win somthing you dont have to pay for it,even if you do apparently get it back when you get there.
    i was then asked for my card details,so i hung up,she called back and i blamed it on poor signal,i then said to her that it all sounded abit odd to me,and that alarm bells started to ring when she asked for my card details,she assured my it was all above board and told me i had entered the competition on line and to show me i wasnt being conned she read me back what id entred,my ocupation,my email address etc,i wasnt convinced so i hung up again,and quickly did a search on the internet and found this site!however she then went on to ring a further 6times,i did not answer.
    i feel very stupid to have entred the competition now,i stupidly thought as i was entering it was all above board but its obviously just a polt to get details off people so they can con you.
    anyone who reads this please do not give over your details!!!it sounds rubbish anyway,thats if you do actually win and the people who have posted comments on here arnt the conn artists themselfs!!!!!
    keep your money and treat yourself to a facial or somenew clothes,at leats you get what your paying for!!;)
  • I too had the phone call and booked to take my granddaughter(13) on Sat.
    I think that some of the posts on here are a bit harsh. You did get what they said. I agree it was long winded and only fruit juice to drink.
    The photos were good and we could have had just the free one but bought a lot and got the £60 off.
    They do use cheap hair products and cheap hair straightners but the make up was Ok.
    All in all it was fine and we had a good time and lovely pics. So give it a go if you get asked!
  • hi!!! guys i talked to this wonderful guy Shaun who told me that i have won covergirl photo session, he was amazing, The day was great experience and fun for me, the unfortunate thing was that i enquired about shaun but as my session was on a sunday, they told me Shaun is off on sunday. my pictures were fantastic and my whole family loved the pics, my sis is so jealous.
  • catz747catz747 Forumite
    20.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Call me cynical :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • luckylouise08luckylouise08 Forumite
    62 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    kate_ wrote: »
    hi!!! guys i talked to this wonderful guy Shaun who told me that i have won covergirl photo session, he was amazing, The day was great experience and fun for me, the unfortunate thing was that i enquired about shaun but as my session was on a sunday, they told me Shaun is off on sunday. my pictures were fantastic and my whole family loved the pics, my sis is so jealous.

Hiya, i got the call saying ive won tonight as well, i also had the guy 'shaun' call me. I wonder if pretty much all the telephone staff say that their name is shaun? im going to have a look at the covergirl website. i was a bit annoyed at having to pay the deposit but i am going to go through with the day and hope that its alright! defo goin to get my deposit back one way or another even if it is a scam. sounds like it is a legit 'competition' but the reason u 'win' is becoz they hope in giving u a free makeover and photoshoot that u will pay for other extras like more pics etc.
    xx
  • mshappymshappy Forumite
    806 Posts
    Just recieved a phone call but put the phone down lol.She said you don't sound very excited.Whilst she was on the phone i quickly searched on here and found this thread.I asked her if I could ring them back with dates etc and she said it needed to be booked today.As soon as she mentioned deposit i knew it was a scam.Imho a prize isn't a prize if you have to pay for it.
    2012 wins! can of deodorant, a personalised Bean, craft show tickets, Top Gear Live Tickets, Case of sourz fusion
  • GeenaGeena Forumite
    6 Posts
    I just had a call from 'Shaun' to say id won this competetion, he ran through everything. I was abit cynical to give my card details but i have no money in that account and i cant have an overdraft on it either. So i just did it anyway...he said thats fine £30 has come out of my account, but there isnt £30 in there?! So how did he get £30? Im not sure wether to go or not, the reviews are mixed in this thread. Im worried now. Should i just go and hope for the best, or forget about it and my £30? Ahhhhh. :( Help!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals