I'm addicted

I don't buy anything now without checking MSE first.

I have saved £75 of my new computer at currys with the 'youatwork code' and £££s off my weekly shop with the Sainsburys codes.

I also drunk enough free Stabucks frappucinos to sink a battleship!!

Replies

• linzlinz Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I'm the same :). I wanted to put a little wager on Kelly Holmes to get a medal in the 800m AND in the 1500m so i checked the gambling offer introductory loopholes topic first to see if any sites were offering free bets. :D
  • I am also addicted now when I even go tesco or out shopping I have to come on here and check out all the offers before going ;)
  • N9eavN9eav Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    I agree it can be an obsession! :o Trouble is you can run our of petrol trying to get to the filling station that gives the most points. waste hours researching items to save a few pence. In general this site works well, but you can waste time and money trying to feel that you are getting the absolute best deal and not getting conned
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • toozie_2toozie_2 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I am just plain addicted! No house work gets done, and the family complains they can't get near the computer. I've learnt sooooo much in the last few weeks, and put it to good use, you don't have to trawl around looking for cheap petrol with the best 'points system', but it is sensable to use that filling station when you have to go on that route anyway.
    I think my hubby thinks I have a 'friend' called Martin!!!
    :j
  • walkswalks Forumite
    411 Posts
    :D hi i am the same cant get off the comp , but wot points r u talkin about i am new 2 this than u ::)
    Every cloud has a silver lining:j
  • toozie_2toozie_2 Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    For example, when you fill up at Tesco you can also present your Tesco ClubCard and get an allocation of 'points' to the value of the purchase of petrol. I always try and fill up at Tesco even tho its 20 miles from home, but I do work in that direction, as the points are worth more when they are converted to 'Days Out' or a weekend Away'.

I have a TOTAL card to obtain 'points' at a local garage, but the points system is not so good.

Also the Nectar card, can be used at BP filling stations, and Sainsburys-although never been to one, as the nearest shop is 80 miles away!
    :j
  • VickyA_2VickyA_2 Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Well, we all know that points mean "prizes"!!! ;D
    Sealed Pot Challenge #021 #8 975.71 #9 £881.44 #10 £961.13 #11 £782.13 #12 £741.83 #13 £2135.22 #14 £895.53 declared
  • walkswalks Forumite
    411 Posts
    :( hi can anyone help i am looking for a book for my daughter to write all her daily spends in i av seen one which is the good housekeeping diary but that is £8.50 from w h smiths is there any where else for me to try would be please for any help as she needs help with her house keeping thanks ???
    :( worried mum :(
  • walkswalks Forumite
    411 Posts
    ps. all ready brought the money diet book for my daughter plus another two for friends tha mite benifit from it .
  • jo_b_2jo_b_2 Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    She might as well use a normal notebook and just keep a record using that, as waste more money on a 'special' book.

There is a downloadable budget sheet on this site as well. I think that is based on monthly/weekly outgoings though, rather than daily. She might find it useful completing that. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ask An Expert: Rewind

Check out last week's energy-themed Q&A with MSE's experts

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals