Thank you from a newbie

Despite lurking on MSE for a while (mainly the shopping forums) I recently decided to take things a step further, and even hubby has joined in the deal searching!

In the last couple of months we have made the estimated savings by paying off and switching suppliers:

Cleared Lloyds TSB Credit Card : £600 per year
Switched to fixed rate mortgage : £864 per year
Switched Gas/Elec suppliers: £166 per year
Canx BT Together option 3 and switched to landline rental then 1899 and 18866 saving approximately £280 per year
Switched ISP: £120 per year

Estimated savings of : £2030 per year!

Truly unbelievable and much easier to do all the above than I originally thought, hence the reason I (stupidly) put off doing it for so long.

My plan now is to re-build my credit rating by using and paying off my Capital One card in full each month, and to start my savings pot by starting an ISA once I'm back off maternity leave next year (I'm only back at work from one lot of maternity leave for four months before going off again in November!). I'll also keep looking out for deals and advice.

Just wanted to say a big thank you to Martin and all the posters here - you don't know what a difference you've made already!
"One hundred years from now, it will not matter what my bank account was, how big my house was, or what kind of car I drove. But the world may be a little better, because I was important in the life of a child."

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Cyber Monday deals

Here’s what the Deals Team have spotted

MSE Deal

How to find cheap PCR tests

The rule change comes into force tomorrow

MSE Guide