car recovery

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place but did quickly scan and cannot see a mention anywhere else here.
When I was renewing car insurance last year, I declined their breakdown at over £60 and decided to use Auto aid as Martin had written a very positive account on this site.
So far this year I have had 2 reasons to bless Martin as my husband had to be towed in his van, each time calling out Auto aid. They were totally efficient, professional and helpful.
The first time was after an accident, the £40 towing charge was reimbursed to us within 14 days after filing in an additional form. T
The 2nd time, there was no charge despite a tow of a long distance.

I have utilised many tips on this site, my friends and family are sick of me singing Martin's praises and yet many are still reluctant to sign up to emails, yet most of them have moaned about the cost of something or other after the event and I usually take the opportunity to remind them about moneysavers.
Thanks Martin and fellow moneysavers.

Replies

• mechymechy Forumite
    253 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Here here, I also sing the praises of the site, am completely hooked by it all. Any problem, there is almost always someone who can offer advice, whether it be serious or sometimes a little comical. As I have just seen on a thread," where to bury your dog" not he subject being comical, but a reply to the original thread
  • I too took out the breakdown recovery at only £30 for fifteen months what a bargain! Less than 24 hrs after joining I had to call them out.
    Brilliant service, friendly, fast and more to the point got my car started and me home.
    This is the most addictive site ever ever!!
  • Lady_KLady_K Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does Auto Aid have a website? I looked for it but couldn't find anything so does anyone know it please?
    Thanx

Lady_K
  • Thanks for posting with your experience of Auto aid, thebuff1, it's very reassuring to those of us who have followed Martin's advice but haven't needed to use the service (yet!). After years with the mainstream breakdown/recovery people it was a bit of a leap of faith to change, so thanks for that! :beer:
    [
  • jo_b_2jo_b_2 Forumite
    7.1K Posts
    Lady_K wrote:
    Does Auto Aid have a website? I looked for it but couldn't find anything so does anyone know it please?

HERE is a link to Martin's article where he discusses the benefits of Auto Aid. Hope that helps. :)
  • Smudge32Smudge32 Forumite
    373 Posts
    thebuff1 wrote:
    I have utilised many tips on this site, my friends and family are sick of me singing Martin's praises and yet many are still reluctant to sign up to emails, yet most of them have moaned about the cost of something or other after the event and I usually take the opportunity to remind them about moneysavers.
    Thanks Martin and fellow moneysavers.

I find this all the time! My friends and family moan about the cost of something, I tell them about this site and how they can save loads and they look at me as if I'm a door to door salesman! Very annoying...
  • Our AA breakdown cover was up for renewal (£89) and after reading Martins tips re Tesco vouchers and the Rac, decided to take advantage of that, and got the same cover for £27.75 worth of Tesco club points. Bargain! When we contacted the AA to tell them we wouldn't be renewing, they immediately offered to do it for half price! After 15 years with them and 1 callout, don't you think they could have done this a bit sooner? After refusing the offer, the AA then said they'd speak to the Manager to see if they could reduce it further! We declined and stuck with the Tesco offer. Thanks Martin but for you we could have gone on for another 15 years.
    One more point although not relevant to this thread, we recommended my sister to the site and she saved a fortune by switching credit cards through a tip. Thanks once again.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides