i've been refused a EGG Money card SHould i apply for a Virgin card now

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Stoozing: Free Cash from Credit Cards
1 reply 1.6K views
beautifulfreakbeautifulfreak Forumite
3 Posts
I have in the past been a little unwise with my credit. To that end i now have a debt management plan in place with the CCS. However my circumnstances have change now that i have a son and i need to get a bigger car.

Thought that doing the egg money transfer and getting the low cost loan through a credit card was the answer however know i've been refused an egg money card i wondering what will be the next best step?:confused:

Replies

• MartinslovechildMartinslovechild Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    #1 Get hold of your credit file (there are 3 credit reference agencies [Experian, Equifax & Call Credit] and a copy of your report costs £2 from each one - don't assume that they're all the same - they're not). Also, don't fall for their 'expensive' options - you just need the £2 statutory report.

#2 Check if there are any mistakes in your credit file. Black marks will go against you for incidents such as late payments, non-payments, CCJ's etc.

#3 You say that your circumstances have changed now that you have a son. How has this caused your income to increase such that you can afford the minimum repayments on a credit card?
    Mortgage Feb 2001 - £129,000
    Mortgage July 2007 - £0
    Original Mortgage Termination Date - Nov 2018
    Mortgage Interest saved - £63790.60
    ISA Profit since Jan 1st 2015 - 98.2% (updated 1 Dec 2020)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

Best student bank accounts 2021/22

Incl. free 0% overdrafts and railcards

MSE Guide

Next 50% off sale rumour

Here's what we've found...

MSE Deals