Understanding Credit Scores | University of Cambridge Research Project | Participants Required...

in Surveys
2 replies 124 views
ms2268ms2268 Forumite
2 Posts
First Post

Hello there!

My name is Matthew Sparkes; I am a researcher from the University of Cambridge (research.sociology.cam.ac.uk/profile/dr-matthew-sparkes). 

We are conducting a study to explore the way credit scores influence the lives of people who live in the UK. 

Our study asks questions about people’s understanding and awareness of credit scores, how they influence the way people access credit and for what purposes, and whether people discuss these matters with family and friends.

This information will be used to inform policy, provide evidence for discussion in the media and provide a rich resource for social researchers and educators in our universities and colleges.

Your point of view is important to us – it helps to ensure that the study represents all types of people across the UK. In the project we want to get the views and experiences from people of different ages and backgrounds, and with different credit scores, to enable us to represent the diverse nature of the UK population.

Your participation is completely voluntary, but we hope you will be able to help us as we rely on the good will and voluntary co-operation of those who are approached to take part to make the study a success.

For more information about the project please refer to the project website (understandingcreditscores-cambridgeproject.co.uk). If you wish to discuss any matter or confirm your interest in taking part, please contact us via the following email address: [email protected].  

If you are interested in taking part, I would contact you to arrange a convenient time and place for an interview that should last approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes, depending on your circumstances. Follow-up interviews may take place six-months later if this fits into your arrangements.

Thank you for your time considering this request.

Yours faithfully,

Dr Matthew Sparkes

Principal Investigator

University of Cambridge

Replies

• edited 23 July at 4:40PM
    MalMonroeMalMonroe Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 23 July at 4:40PM
    ms2268 said:

Hello there!

My name is Matthew Sparkes; I am a researcher from the University of Cambridge (research.sociology.cam.ac.uk/profile/dr-matthew-sparkes). 

We are conducting a study to explore the way credit scores influence the lives of people who live in the UK. 

Our study asks questions about people’s understanding and awareness of credit scores, how they influence the way people access credit and for what purposes, and whether people discuss these matters with family and friends.

This information will be used to inform policy, provide evidence for discussion in the media and provide a rich resource for social researchers and educators in our universities and colleges.

Your point of view is important to us – it helps to ensure that the study represents all types of people across the UK. In the project we want to get the views and experiences from people of different ages and backgrounds, and with different credit scores, to enable us to represent the diverse nature of the UK population.

Your participation is completely voluntary, but we hope you will be able to help us as we rely on the good will and voluntary co-operation of those who are approached to take part to make the study a success.

For more information about the project please refer to the project website (understandingcreditscores-cambridgeproject.co.uk). If you wish to discuss any matter or confirm your interest in taking part, please contact us via the following email address: [email protected].  

If you are interested in taking part, I would contact you to arrange a convenient time and place for an interview that should last approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes, depending on your circumstances. Follow-up interviews may take place six-months later if this fits into your arrangements.

Yours faithfully,

Dr Matthew Sparkes

Principal Investigator

University of Cambridge

Hi. Have you contacted the forum team before posting? If you have, please could you state that at the beginning of your post?

If not, please could you contact them?  [email protected].

Please refer to the Forum Rules -

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/site/forum-faqs/?_ga=2.268715825.1366645115.1657472989-1113758814.1635189664&_gl=1*1ffuhdp*_ga*MTExMzc1ODgxNC4xNjM1MTg5NjY0*_ga_X74CWQS9F0*MTY1ODU4OTk0Mi4xOTQuMS4xNjU4NTkwMjc4LjE0

Which, under number 4, state - 

"Journalists, businesses, broadcasters, professional advisors and researchers should contact us before posting or if they would like information".

You may or may not be who you say you are, we on this forum have no way of actually knowing. Please ensure that your request is verified before you ask people to disclose their personal information, details or views on, or via, a public forum.

I've also been involved in university research projects in the past and have always, without exception, had to obtain permission beforehand.

Many thanks.

A concerned forumite.
    Please note MSE forum rules state "no two people have the same circumstances or experiences and it is up to you to investigate, check and check again before you make any decisions or take any action based on information you glean from our community. Remember, don't rely on what you are reading. Verify it and protect yourself. You are responsible for any action you consequently make." Verify everything. Inappropriate comments will be reported, as per Forum rules.
  • edited 25 July at 1:04PM
    ms2268ms2268 Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    edited 25 July at 1:04PM
    MalMonroe said:
    ms2268 said:

Hello there!

Yours faithfully,

Dr Matthew Sparkes

Principal Investigator

University of Cambridge

Hi. Have you contacted the forum team before posting? If you have, please could you state that at the beginning of your post?

If not, please could you contact them?  [email protected].

Please refer to the Forum Rules.

Which, under number 4, state - 

"Journalists, businesses, broadcasters, professional advisors and researchers should contact us before posting or if they would like information".

You may or may not be who you say you are, we on this forum have no way of actually knowing. Please ensure that your request is verified before you ask people to disclose their personal information, details or views on, or via, a public forum.

I've also been involved in university research projects in the past and have always, without exception, had to obtain permission beforehand.

Many thanks.

A concerned forumite.
    Thank you for your post. 

Yes, I did receive permission to post this from MSE's Forum and Community Editor). I have been liaising with the team for a number of weeks, and only posted once he confirmed approval. 

I take ethical principles of academic research very seriously, including the confidentiality of people's circumstances, details and views. The project I described above has received ethical clearance form the University of Cambridge, and upholds the highest standards of academic conduct. 

Many thanks for your diligence here. I would be happy to answer any questions relating to my work or the project. 

Best wishes, 
    Matthew