edited 21 April 2017 at 9:04PM in Debt free diaries
2K replies 132.1K views

Replies

• beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    81K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Fab news  :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • UncannyScotUncannyScot Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    Forumite
    Morning Awbiddy!

The switch to the 8 legged provider is now in progress and come the 12th June I should be fully onboard with them and finally away from BG.
    The 8 legged providers' customer service is superb. The lovely lass who dealt with my quotation and switch was an absolute star. She got back to me when she said she would and was totally transparent and honest about everything.
    There was one little niggle, but it was basically BG trying to be sneaky with their pricing. Obviously, they had the full details of my actual usage, so their prices were "apparently" cheaper than the quote I got from the 8 legged provider. However, when I went through the calculations, cos I ain't daft, I realised that the 8 legged provider did actually work out cheaper on their unit rates and standing charges and would therefore be cheaper in the long run compared to BG.
    I will definitely be leaving a very good review for the lass for her fantastic customer service.

Have a great day awbiddy

I'll try and pop on again later

Much love fae me n the Dug
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
    2.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Morning Folks!

Just popping on to ask if anyone has a refferal code for the 8 legged provider?
    Apparently, if I get a refferal code, it means I get something off my bill and so does the person who gave me the code...

So, first one to reply with their code gets to share a wee reduction on their bill.

Thank ye muchly

Much love fae me n the dug
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • RosaBerniciaRosaBernicia Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi Uncanny
    I've messaged you :)
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
    2.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Hi RosaBernica.

Thank you SO much :smiley:

All done n done :wink:

R.I.P. T.P.
  • Chris_JayChris_Jay Forumite
    18 Posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hello US. How's things?
    I'm alternating between Rivers and Discworld, got to keep my fantasy worlds believable.. re-reading The Truth, which I haven't read for long enough to come to it fresh. I have a few that I read very frequently, some that catch my mind every couple of years, and one or two that I've never really enjoyed. Not bad out of 41 books!
    I've been following your progress with your suppliers, you have good friends! You have the result you wanted, I see.
    Right, I'm currently murdering my dinner, it's been an odd day at CJ Towers and I need to eat.
    Stay cheerful!
    2.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Hiya Chris_Jay

I'm doing grand thanks and hope you are too :smiley:

I'm still working my way through The Long Earth series and I'm into The Long Utopia now...

I'm also working my way through a Discworld Fan Fiction story, which is actually quite good. Once I've finished with that and the Long Earth I am going to re-read my way through the Thursday Next series by Jasper Fforde. Starting with The Eyre Affair and working my way through them all, as it has been too long since I last read them.

Switch is still going through, despite hitting a wee snag with BG... they've said it will be resolved in time for everything to go through as planned and I have a copy of the transcript of the online chat with their Customer Service Adviser to ensure they don't get off the hook :wink:

Yes, folks on here are indeed good people, good friends and we do like to help each other out when we can.

Right, the wee furry yin needs her bedtime walk, so I'd better get her out.

Catch up again later.

R.I.P. T.P.
    2.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Hiya folks,

Popping back in with a wee update...

The switch to the 8 legged provider is still ongoing... I was switched over to Electricity supply no problem but there was an issue with the Gas supply switch and this has been delayed to the 22nd June.

So far, so good. The ongoing support from the 8 legged folks has been excellent, whether by phone or Email, they've all been great.

Been keeping busy at work and have managed a couple of hikes since I was last here.

Still reading my way through the Long Earth series.

I have a week off at end of the month so I'll be off into the wilds again for a few days.

Nowt much else to report on... although I will need to get the Brewery up n running again as supplies are running low.

Right, must dash... catch up again laters

R.I.P. T.P.
  • Chris_JayChris_Jay Forumite
    18 Posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hello. That's frustrating for you but at least you've got the support of the company.

I'm on book five of the Rivers, book eight arrived on Saturday and book nine is on pre-order. See what you've done to me? My life is now wrapped up with Nightingale and Starling... thank you!

Tempted to re-read Long Earth, which is in the library, but one obsession at a time.
    Back to the plot.. 😉😀
    2.1K Posts
    Forumite
    Hiya Chris_Jay

I was pretty much the same with The Rivers of London series when I first discovered it :smiley:

Almost finished The Long Utopia, still really enjoying the series and how things are being set up in the story line for the next and final installment The Long Cosmos...

Things are progressing with the switch over and I'll be providing my Gas meter reading tomorrow and then should be up n running from 22nd June.

Right, must get back to work now

Thanks for popping in

Will try and get in with further updates later

R.I.P. T.P.