5 months to emerge as a butterfly

edited 6 April 2020 at 9:50AM in Debt free diaries
879 replies 115.3K views

Replies

• benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Morning, another nice sunny one here today. I went out early for a walk and have done 14,000 steps so far and 10 minutes hula hooping. I need to pop over to Sainsburys again when they open and get some bits for dinner. I've weighed out my porridge to take to work for this week, I just need to take some frozen berries each day to go with it. Today I had some fresh raspberries with it that were reduced when I did the shopping, they were lovely :)

Mortgage Total: £60,781 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2022 Gas/Electric extra £££ earned £663 Matched Betting profits £452.87
  • BuffythedebtslayerBuffythedebtslayer Forumite
    18.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Can you feel the hula hooping making a difference? 

They were craze on a weightloss group I belonged to, but I never really believed it, but I "know" you so what do you think? 
    Nevertheless she persisted.
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Buffy - maybe a bit early yet but after a week of hooping I can definitely engage my core easier, my Fitbit shows I am in the fat burn zone when I am hooping so its burning some extra calories, my thighs and bum can definitely feel it :) At first I could keep it up for about a minute, now I can do 4 without it falling to the floor. The huge bruise on my hip suggests it is doing something :) I wouldn't say I can see a difference yet but it has only been a week, I will keep updating on my progress with it :)
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    A pretty good day today - work was fine, a beach walk tonight, steps, planks and hooping are all done, just need to finish off my last bottle of water and I've hit my goals again today. A guy came round tonight and bought the marketplace item, so another £12 added to my gas/electric pot, it was a tool that Mr S left when he lived here, I won't use it so I might as well get some money for it, clear another thing out of my garage and let him have some use from it. 

Ds isn't coming home tonight, he's working currently then meeting a mate and getting the 2.30am coach up to London so he can see the first Crossrail train at 6.30am tomorrow :) In the morning I need to get some steps in before work as I have my tutoring after work and then am meeting a mate for a curry and a catch-up in the evening so need to get them out the way. 
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Morning all, half-term is here :)

After work yesterday I had a lovely walk with a friend along the beach, we have various pop up restaurants/ bars along the beach in the summer so we popped in one and had a slushie en route.

This week is mainly all about chilling, jobs can largely wait until the summer holidays now although I do have some bits and pieces I want to get done. Yesterday I ordered some new plates and bowls - the ones I have have various chips etc in them and I bought them 20 years ago so have had my moneys worth from them. So currently my week is looking like this:

Saturday: make the most of the sun and work on my tan and watch the Champions League final tonight
    Sunday: Championship playoff final
    Monday: Doctors appointment to review a prescription
    Tuesday: Nails
    Wednesday: Walk with a friend
    Thursday:
    Friday: Walk and lunch with a friend
    Saturday:
    Sunday:

So as you can see its nothing much arranged so far. Each day I need to stick to getting my steps done, my planks done, my hooping done, my water drunk, my calories stuck to :)

Other bits and pieces I want to get done: 
    • Clean the car inside and out
    • Tidy up the front garden
    • Tidy up the back garden
    • Stuff to the tip from the garage
    • Sort my drawers and wardrobe, swap over summer / winter stuff
    • Fix the kitchen tap
    • Make some more £££ 
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Quite a productive start to the morning, washing basket is almost empty already, ds bedroom is looking almost habitable again, bathroom is clean, downstairs is tidy, rubbish is all out, windows and back doors are open and its time now for my first coffee of the day. 

I also need to do some banking bits this week but will save that for one of the days when the weather looks a bit ropey. The £300 energy money from the government is very welcome but it really isn't going to touch the sides so I need to make sure I'm making use of every little penny here and there that I can.
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    10 mile beach walk done, not as early as usual but still done and dusted so I can relax for the rest of the day now :) The weather isn't meant to be as nice today so I may get  a few indoor jobs sorted, then watch the play off final later this afternoon. 

Porridge eaten, coffee drank, half an hour now in the conservatory with the laptop then I'll crack on with some pottering :)
  • BuffythedebtslayerBuffythedebtslayer Forumite
    18.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Buffy - maybe a bit early yet but after a week of hooping I can definitely engage my core easier, my Fitbit shows I am in the fat burn zone when I am hooping so its burning some extra calories, my thighs and bum can definitely feel it :) At first I could keep it up for about a minute, now I can do 4 without it falling to the floor. The huge bruise on my hip suggests it is doing something :) I wouldn't say I can see a difference yet but it has only been a week, I will keep updating on my progress with it :)
    Cool, I shall look forward to updates........mainly cos I am not doing the exercise :) 

XX 
    Nevertheless she persisted.
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    So I'm still doing my 20 minutes a day, todays walk I made a deliberate effort to engage my core while I was walking and it was much easier to do so than normal, I'm putting that down to the hooping x
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Yesterday I had a doctors appointment, just a routine check for the pill. She was very happy with me, told me she wouldn't want to change to the coil either, and sat and listened to me twitter on about how wonderful my patches are. She said she could tell I was smiling even though I was wearing my mask and that it was great to hear they have helped so much. She then weighed me and made one of the nicest comments anyone's said for a long time - I asked if I needed to take my trainers off and she said it didn't matter, she could see I wasn't overweight at all and so either way my weight wouldn't be an issue. It's the little things isn't it that make us happy, she had no idea how nice that was to hear :)

Last night I downloaded a yoga app on my phone and have started that - I tried in lockdown following Adrienne on Youtube but she went too quick for me and by the time I'd seen what she was doing she'd be on to the next bit. Anyway, this one is called Down Dog and is the highest rated yoga app on ios / android and currently its free for teachers / students, so I'm very happy about that. You can customise it for different types of yoga, different lengths, different amounts of detailed instructions etc, so last night I did 2 x 15 minute sessions and it was good so more of that later today.

I checked the weather forecast and it said it would be raining here after 10am this morning, so I went out at 6.30 and did 2.5 hours of walking down the beach, feeling very virtuous. Now I'm home, had egg on toast and a coffee and am satin the conservatory and there are no rain clouds in sight, just a blue sky, but never mind, my steps are out the way for today and I can just relax and enjoy the day. 

A lady has just delivered the plates and bowls I ordered, a couple are smashed so I have sent them an email to get replacements but otherwise am happy with them.

I am going to spend today blitzing the banking, getting ready for the new month ahead. I'm having my nails done tonight, she usually does them on a Friday but can't due to the Jubilee weekend, so its tonight instead. Other than that its banking, life admin, yoga and hooping on my plan for today.