5 months to emerge as a butterfly

edited 6 April 2020 at 9:50AM in Debt free diaries
886 replies 115.8K views

Replies

• benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    One tree has gone already, they've just started on the second one :)
    Mortgage Total: £60,781 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2022 Gas/Electric extra £££ earned £663 Matched Betting profits £452.87
  • BuffythedebtslayerBuffythedebtslayer Forumite
    18.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Yay to the trees! 

XX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Morning, up early, showered and on the second load of washing (stripped ds bed now he's gone to work). Today I have someone coming round to get something I put on marketplace this morning then I'm meeting a friend for a walk and talk. Other than that it will be pottering and staying on top of things in the house.Currently I'm sat in the conservatory with a coffee and the dog, and am going to have 5 minutes to start thinking about plans for the garden.
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    The person did turn up so that's one more thing cleared out the garage and another tenner into the savings pot.
    I met my friend and we had a lovely walk down the beach then coffee and cake on the way back. Dishwasher is on, clean washing has all been folded and put away, bed remade. 

This evening will be some more pottering and an early night as I didn't sleep too well last night. Spends today = £4.95 on coffee and cake and £37 on Pure Heavenly chocolate bars which will last me about 6 weeks (no sugar, no palm oil)
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Morning, another weekend already!
    Not much to report this week. although I did get my £150 council tax rebate so that has been sent to the gas/electric fund. 
    Last night I had my nails done then met some friends for a drink by the river. 
    This weekend will be quite chilled, nothing much planned. I do have some jobs I want / need to get done though:

• Post a letter
    • Send back old Sky box
    • Do an online order for my cards
    • Plant some bits in the garden
    • Food shopping
    • Tidy front garden
    Now that the trees have gone I can make a proper start on sorting out the garden and getting it looking nice. Hopefully the weather will be nice today and I can get out there and get on with it. Ds is working all day so its just me, i can please myself all day :)
  • edited 14 May at 10:50AM
    benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    edited 14 May at 10:50AM
    Quite a productive morning so far, I've been to the Post Office and posted the letter and sent back the sky box. I've also done the food shopping. Washing machine is doing its thing, all the windows are open and its almost time to get out in the garden, plant some bits, top up my vitamin D and hopefully get the start of a tan, or at least get back to a healthy colour rather than the milky white glow I currently am sporting. 

I have also opened a Chase account on my phone, a friend sent me her link and we both got £20 for doing it, you just have to pay in £20 within a month of opening it and the £20 bonus is applied straight away. If anyone wants a referral please just send me a message or reply on here x
    Another helpful chunk towards the heating bill in the winter :)
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Morning, a wet one here so far although it is looking like it might brighten up. One clap of thunder in the night but not much really.
    Today ds is working again so another day to amuse myself, I want to get some steps in and then carry on with my hula hoop, I was doing it last night and it was great fun but this morning I've woken up with a whacking bruise on my hip from it :)

Thank you to the reader who contacted me for a referral, another £20 added to the heating fund ... I can refer up to 20 people so if anyone else wants one give me a shout - no direct debit transfers etc needed, its just another current account but it actually has decent interest rated too - it has a savers account within it and that pays 1.5% AER and it has a roundup facility that pays 5% AER. Anyway, I'm not really pushing for you all to get another account but its an easy £20 each if anyone wants one :)

Right, time for coffee then some more hula-hooping :) 

11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    And we made it to another weekend, only one more week to go until we break up for half-term :)
    This week has been crazy busy at work but other than that its been fairly successful - I have managed to complete the following every day since Monday:

• 20,000 steps 
    • 1800 cals a day
    •  5 x 1 minute planks
    • 20 minutes hula-hooping
    • Minimal sugar
    • 2 litres of water
    I've definitely got my mojo back, I can't praise my patches high enough! Tomorrow I need to do the usual food shopping and housework, Sunday is the final day of the PL season, can't wait! Other than that I don't have much planned so far ...

Thank you to those of you who have asked for my referral code, I did spot this week that Martin Lewis rated Chase as the best bank in 3 categories in the weekly email :) Referrals still available if anyone else wants one x

• BlackcatsBlackcats Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Sounds like you've had a great week for health and fitness.
    I've been having a couple of mugs of green tea each day.  I do like the fancy Twin nings flavoured ones but inexpensive green tea with a squirt of lemon juice is very refreshing.
    I'm looking forward to the footie tomorrow too.  I'm going to watch at my dad's and make a roast dinner followed by rhubarb crumble! 
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    We're having a roast dinner too BC as Benben has a rare Sunday off! I've got someone possibly coming round to collect something off marketplace tomorrow too. Today has been spent doing the food shop, emptying the washing basket while the weather was nice, watching the League one playoff final and starting off this years tan :)

I need to pop over to Sainsburys to pick up my prescription, I'll walk over there in a bit, I'm leaving the dog here though - I took him up the forest for an hour this morning and he's still tired :)