NEW: Got questions about energy? Put them to Gary and Andrew from MSE's Utilities team during our energy-themed 'Ask An Expert' event. Check back here from Tuesday 9 August, 12pm

How do CMS work out what year you pay the amount on/furlough?

in Child support
1 reply 92 views
col81col81 Forumite
272 Posts
100 Posts Second Anniversary
i pay based on £40000 which was my salary the tax year before last the year after that i earnt £26000 because of furlough and the year just ended was £39000 which year do they use? thanks


  • tightauldgittightauldgit Forumite
    301 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    They should be using your income for the most recent full tax year. If your current income is 25% or more different than that then you can ask for a re-calculation. The income they used should be on your CMS calculation that they sent you.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Homes, hornets & high heels

This week's MSE Forum highlights

MSE Forum

Kids eat for 'free' or £1 this summer

Little ones can enjoy hot meals for less

MSE Deals