benxg said:
    Hi, here's my quote - 
    It's a TUI package one 
    2 adults
    Mar 2nd for 14 nights
    Travelling from BHX to Cape Verde
    Rui Palace Boavista
    Thanks! Ben

You missed adding the price! It’s a Beat My Quote thread.
  • chickpiechickpie Forumite
    23 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite

Hi 

A question for travel agents if that's ok, not a beat my quote. We have a holiday booked to UAE that was originally pre Covid with an agency, it was rescheduled 3 times.  A much longed for holiday due in just under 6 weeks. 

Long story short, on contacting the agency to ask for details, after weeks of no response eventually we get a reply to tell us our BA flights were cancelled – and they can’t rebook them as they’ve gone up in price. They claim to have had no notification and that it happened during the pandemic to all Scottish BA flights.

I think this is nonsense, I asked for the original BA ref but they said it was wiped. One of the flights has changed it’s time, but the connections all still work and the flight numbers have not changed.

I suspect they actually failed to make our flight booking at all. Do any agents know if this is true about BA cancelling flights en mass?

Thanks for any guidance

A

• Pete.gPete.g Forumite
    759 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hi we are looking at Barbados late March 2023 around the 30th for 10-14nights Manchester/Birmingham/London/east mids/stanstead airports.

2 adults 1 child (15)

would like:

Armond village
    Crystal bay
    sugar bay

Thanks,

Pete.
    I'll get me coat!
  • WestinWestin Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Pete G
    Please read post 1.
  • quoiaquoia Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hope some Travel Agents are still monitoring this BEAT MY QUOTE thread as there doesn't seem to be much activity or responses of late

Jet2holidays.com package
    Hilltop Gardens Hotel Apartments, Paphos, Cyprus
    2 adults Self Catering in 1 Bedroom Apartment
    14 nights flying on 13th June 2022 from Birmingham
    BHX 16:15 to PFO 23:00
    Return 27th June 2022
    PFO 23:50 to BHX 02:50 (28th)

22kg hold and 10kg hand baggage
    Coach transfers included

TOTAL PRICE £910

Already used Jet2 code Sale50 for £100 reduction

So now just £810
    But if I can get it for less?

Cheap & cheerful! First holiday since Sept 2019 so "testing the water" in Cyprus
    Great experiences there about 35 years ago"

TIA
    quoia
    There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • WestinWestin Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    Forumite
    @MATTR5 is fairly switched on at watching this thread. The @ prompt will hopefully flag up to him. 

• MATTR5MATTR5 Forumite
    932 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi quoia

Yes I can save you £40 on that so £770 - all like for like still booked with Jet12hols - If you've got a jet2hols discount code then I will be able to beat that too but I will need the code 

And thank you Westin for the head up :) 

I am a Travel Agent

I’ve sent you a PM

My company’s ABTA/ATOL numbers are G9172/6053. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. You can check my ATOL with the CAA. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.

• quoiaquoia Forumite
    14.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    MATTR5 said:
    Hi quoia

Yes I can save you £40 on that so £770 - all like for like still booked with Jet12hols - If you've got a jet2hols discount code then I will be able to beat that too but I will need the code 

I am a Travel Agent

I’ve sent you a PM

My company’s ABTA/ATOL numbers are G9172/6053. MSE doesn't check my status as a Travel Agent, so you need to take my word for it. You can check my ATOL with the CAA. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Travel Agent Code of Conduct.

That's great news Matt - Glad to know you are still around on here
    Didn't really expect it could be beaten given how cheap and discounted it already is
    £40 will just about cover what I'd spend in duty free  B)
    I'll PM you to get contact details - email/phone - to confirm the booking

Thanks once again Matt - don't know if you remember me (last time was quite a few years back) but this is at least the 3rd if not the 4th time I'll be booking with you after you've beaten a quote

Cheers
    Q

There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • WestinWestin Forumite
    5.1K Posts
    Forumite
    quoia said:
    MATTR5 said:
    Hi quoia

I am a Travel Agent

I’ve sent you a PM

Didn't really expect it could be beaten given how cheap and discounted it already is

Thanks once again Matt - don't know if you remember me (last time was quite a few years back) but this is at least the 3rd if not the 4th time I'll be booking with you after you've beaten a quote

Cheers
    Q

How about that for a recommendation for this thread and MATTR5. 
  • MATTR5MATTR5 Forumite
    932 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Westin said:
    quoia said:
    MATTR5 said:
    Hi quoia

I am a Travel Agent

I’ve sent you a PM

Cheers
    Q

How about that for a recommendation for this thread and MATTR5. 
    Thanks Guys - Its been a bit quiet with COVID etc but hopefully this thread will see a few  more enquiries :) 

I am a Travel Agent