68 replies 6.8K views

Replies

• edited 8 February at 9:48PM
    GTR_KingGTR_King Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 8 February at 9:48PM
    New design looks good but sadly cash back cards won’t get it, not sure you can have 2 Barclaycards
  • dr_adidas01dr_adidas01 Forumite
    2.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    GTR_King said:
    New design looks good but sadly cash back cards won’t get it, not sure you can have 2 Barclaycards
    Not sure why you think cash back cards won’t get new design as my Barclaycard cashback rewards one that is 0.25% has the updated design as shown previously. 

Currently Barclaycard aren’t allowing multiple applications for cards, sometimes they change there policy and allow you to apply for another card. 

However if like me Barclaycard took over one of your existing accounts which they bought then you will end up with multiple Barclaycards. 

Plus I also have a partner card which is the Hilton Honours one so I have 3 Barclaycards currently. 

Time is a path from the past to the future and back again. The present is the crossroads of both. :cool:
  • MarchitielloMarchitiello Forumite
    688 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    WillPS said:
    I thought the Egg cards became Cashback (black) cards?
    Yes my actual physical card is black. 
    Mine in Apple Pay is still the old Cashback design, no change 
  • GTR_KingGTR_King Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Forumite
    GTR_King said:
    Not sure why you think cash back cards won’t get new design as my Barclaycard cashback rewards one that is 0.25% has the updated design as shown previously. 

Currently Barclaycard aren’t allowing multiple applications for cards, sometimes they change there policy and allow you to apply for another card. 

However if like me Barclaycard took over one of your existing accounts which they bought then you will end up with multiple Barclaycards. 

Plus I also have a partner card which is the Hilton Honours one so I have 3 Barclaycards currently. 

I have the old black cashback card which was American express/visa now just visa, 

Been told by Barclaycard via IOS chat that I can't swap it to rewards account until they stop that account all together and will be not getting the new Card Design
  • MarchitielloMarchitiello Forumite
    688 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    GTR_King said:
    GTR_King said:

I have the old black cashback card which was American express/visa now just visa, 

Been told by Barclaycard via IOS chat that I can't swap it to rewards account until they stop that account all together and will be not getting the new Card Design
    Why would you want to swap it? I can only think of the forex free transactions but for those, Chase UK debit card would be best anyway. The old cashback has higher cashback% in the UK than the rewards card  
  • GTR_KingGTR_King Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Forumite
    happy with the card but at some point will have to swap it 
  • FingerbobsFingerbobs Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I've just received a replacement Cashback Barclaycard (former Egg Money) and it's the old embossed design.
    Furthermore, the start date is next month, after expiry of the previous card. So I have to wait until the old card expires before I can start using the new one. I'm pretty sure I've never had that before with any card; there's always been an overlap.
  • EarthBoyEarthBoy Forumite
    2.7K Posts
    Forumite
    I've just received a replacement Cashback Barclaycard (former Egg Money) and it's the old embossed design.
    Furthermore, the start date is next month, after expiry of the previous card. So I have to wait until the old card expires before I can start using the new one. I'm pretty sure I've never had that before with any card; there's always been an overlap.
    I've noticed this before with Barclaycard.  My Platinum Barclaycard was renewed two years ago and the dates didn't overlap. Confusingly, they sent me an email advising that the new card was on its way and that I should start using it as soon as it arrived. Obviously, I couldn't do that because the new card wasn't valid until after the old one expired. 

I messaged Barclaycard about it and they agreed the email was wrong and confusing. They promised they would ensure it wouldn't happen again. My current card expires in December, so I'll be interested to see whether they've corrected the email this time. 
  • northwalesdnorthwalesd Forumite
    858 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I know this isn't Barclaycard, but my Vanquis card has just been replaced as the old one ends 03/22. Like your Barclaycards the dates don't overlap, the new card says valid from 04/22, but the letter it was attached to said to start using the card right away. I actually didn't notice the date range, so my old card has been carefully disposed of. Ah well, it's got one Netflix subscription on it, I rarely, if ever, use it in person these days.
  • edited 12 February at 12:33PM
    WillPSWillPS Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Forumite
    edited 12 February at 12:33PM
    The start date isn't a validated field on the Visa network (unlike Switch, Solo and Maestro cards in the past) - try the new card, you might find it works.