NOW OPEN. The MSE Forum's energy-themed Ask An Expert event is open for questions. Visit the dedicated board to ask MSE Gary & MSE Andrew about gas & electricity

Atrixa's Saving Diaries

edited 25 January at 6:20PM in How much have you saved?
416 replies 26.8K views

Replies

• ForestBluebellsForestBluebells Forumite
    500 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Probably helps I have zero interest in how I look and don’t care about my hair 😂 also I only wear it tied up so no one could see if it’s bit wonky
  • atrixaatrixa Forumite
    481 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I was only ever brave enough to trim my fringe! I got an inch off above what I would normally have, so I'll see what it jumps to when I leave it to dry in its curly state. 

Plans today are to go for a run before the high winds set in and clean the bathroom then change the bed sheets and towels. Might have a nice bath later too. I have some bath bombs left over from Christmas and that cheap (but perfectly fine) bubble bath from A!di. Bath bombs will certainly NOT be on the shopping list this year, the prices are truly mad for anything decent and the enjoyment I get from them is not worth the cost.

Half marathon is in a week. I should be able to bring my own food and just buy a coffee out in the morning when I need somewhere warm to sit, so I shouldn't be spending more than around £15ish on travel and refreshments that day. I can have lunch when I get home. The rail replacement bus gets into the city an hour before I need it to, so I need to get up at about 5am. Absolutely no other transport options apart from a taxi which would be eye-wateringly expensive. 
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    15K Posts
    10,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Enjoy the run and bath treat.
    500 Posts
    Forumite
    I was supposed to go for another run today but my hip is still hurting from yesterday:( it did start niggling when I ran 2 days in a row a couple of weeks ago and I wonder if that was just too much and I’ve done something. Not sure if I should just ignore it (my staple reaction) or go see someone as it’s early days yet. 

Enjoy your half marathon! I’m so jealous I’d love to be able to run that distance. 
  • atrixaatrixa Forumite
    481 Posts
    Forumite
    Ditched the run due to the howling winds and driving gales coming earlier than forecast  :| I'm quite happy running in the wet, but the wind can be a bit dangerous. Instead, I did some at-home cardio, did the ironing, cleaned the bathroom and changed sheets/towels. I've put a whites wash on for good measure.

I've checked the weather forecast for my half next Sunday and it's saying sleet.  :( The weather needs to take a day off, goodness me.

FBB, I went to see a physio for runners knee that wouldn't heal last year and she was fab. She gave me rehab exercises to do that sorted the problem out within weeks. It's a good use of money if you have it. It saved me guessing what the issue was and wasting time trying to rectify it myself.
    15K Posts
    Forumite
    Better safe than sorry.
    Hopefully we're coming towards the end of cold and wet.
  • atrixaatrixa Forumite
    481 Posts
    Forumite
    I spent £10.87 on food in Mr M- mostly tea for me and bf on Wednesday- I'm doing risotto and using mostly stuff in my stores for dessert (syrup pudding). Finally used a £1 off voucher on a protein bar that I've had in my purse for a while so that was my treat for the afternoon. 

Does anyone use the app for Mr M? The offers seem to be both sparse and stingy, the N3ctar ones are much better in my opinion. 

Groceries running total now £94.85
    500 Posts
    Forumite
    Not sure I am Following which store mr m is. 
    15K Posts
    Forumite
    I gave up ever popping to morries when they moved from points to offers. The n3ctar supermarket ones are repetitive, but I've rarely shopped in S since moving up here.

I've still got my Xmas T points which will cover a weeks shopping.

You're doing well with the food budget.
  • atrixaatrixa Forumite
    481 Posts
    Forumite
    Spent £9.03 in Mr M today, got:
    Squash
    2 x chopped tomatoes
    vegan 'meatballs'
    2 x tofu (was on offer)
    tomato puree
    mushrooms
    2 x bread (one for freezer)

Will be making 'meatball' and butterbean stew and some arrabiata sauce to shove in the freezer for lunches in the coming days.

Running grocery total: £103.88