What are you making for dinner?

edited 3 May 2020 at 12:05AM in Old style MoneySaving
11.7K replies 706.3K views

Replies

• Mrs_Salad_DodgerMrs_Salad_Dodger Forumite
    3.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    DH & I love the HB sausage casserole 😋
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives.

2022 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount 
    Jan £5; Feb £12.92; Mar £25; Apr £32; May £42.20; Jun £50; Jul £61.10;
  • DaneburyDanebury Forumite
    6 Posts
    Second Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I’m trying not to do a shop this week.  We have left over gammon, onion and potato pie with a little cheese grated in the mixture.  We will have that with beans and fried egg.  For desert I used the rest of the pastry as the base, crinkled apples chopped up mixed with mincemeat and a sponge on top.  It’s in the oven now and smells divine. 
  • BrieBrie Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I wandered into the fish shop on Friday (proper monger) and the chap smiled at me and said "how about some salmon?"   Must have read my mind or maybe I looked familiar (I've seen him before but can't remember where) so ended up with 2 honking thick slices of salmon.  Plan was to cook them for Sunday breakfast and have the left over for lunches but then I realised that the price I was charged meant they would do nicely for us both for dinner.  So panned fried them last night and served with a bit of frozen  spinach (heated up obviously) and a couple of Lidl's emmental potato cakes.   OH always makes a face when I suggest salmon (prefers various white fish) but really enjoyed this.  

Discussions are underway whether we will have a cheese fest for dinner with bake at home rolls (been told this isn't appropriate as we had croissant for breakfast) or lasagna.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • happydenialhappydenial Forumite
    460 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    DH & I love the HB sausage casserole 😋
    It’s v delicious and went down very well with my BiL who had a ‘slight’ hangover 😉🤣
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    7.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Roast chicken tonight with roast potatoes, parnips, (overdone) sweet potato, peas, stuffing, bread sauce and gravy.

There will be a fruit salad later. 
  • JILJIL Forumite
    8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Husband had gammon joint, daughter had a vegan kiev, I had cauliflower cheese. With roasted potatoes, parsnips and carrots, kale and broccoli.

Berries and Greek yogurt afterwards.
  • Cod fish cakes, with sweetcorn and a big dollop of potatoes/onions baked in milk and veg stock. A few wrinkly apples stewed with some blackberries and strawberries out of freezer, with custard.

Keep Smiling :)
  • kerri_gtkerri_gt Forumite
    10.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Oven baked chicken breast again with the other half of the xmas sauce, some sliced potatoes i picked up from Oilo recently that by now had a slightly questionable date, and broccoli i picked up from Olio this morning. 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Chicken stuffed with goats cheese and bacon tonight, using up LO dauphinois and spiced cabbage 
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • worrywart_3worrywart_3 Forumite
    487 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Salmon mangerout with garlic and rice salmon with ginger garlic chili and soy tonight