5 months to emerge as a butterfly

edited 6 April 2020 at 9:50AM in Debt Free Diaries
857 replies 111.4K views

Replies

• benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    Just watched a documentary on Youtube - Fit to Fat to Fit ... an Australian personal trainer who over 6 months put on 40kgs then spent the next 6 months losing it again. I love those kind of documentaries, very motivating :) I walked around the lounge the whole time it was on so nearly half way to my daily steps too :)
    Mortgage Total: £60,984 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2022 Gas/Electric extra £££ earned £628 Matched Betting profits £452.87
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Morning all, today I have an online conference for my card business, I took the dog out for a walk this morning and am now walking round the lounge while listening / watching bits on the laptop. Some football later. and that will be my day. I got the housework up to date last night. 
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    So today I got up at 7 to take ds to work and the car battery is flat again. Its on charge now but I need to replace it, that's the second time in just over a month. Its having its MOT in two weeks too so could be an expensive time :(
    I've walked over to Sainsburys and got a few food bits and will do a roast dinner this afternoon and watch the football. Nothing much else to report at the moment. 
  • BuffythedebtslayerBuffythedebtslayer Forumite
    18.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Cars are money pits. End of. 

No matter what I have my emergency fund the car always costs more. 

Have a good day XXXX 
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • BlackcatsBlackcats Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Sorry about your car - fingers crossed for it's MOT.  I've had some money pit cars too Buffy.
    my current car has been ok so far and I love that it's £0 toad tax.  I have booked it in for some work this week as I've decided to keep it for another couple of years if possible.  The car savings pot will take a hit but I think it's worth it.

11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    So the car passed :) I have ordered a new battery for it which my mate will fit for me. 
    In really good news yesterday I won £65 on a free spin offer :) I allowed myself £5 of it to spend on a slots game and will save the rest. £2 in to the £5 and I won £473.50 on a bonus round   :open_mouth:  :open_mouth: I am loving deciding what to do with it - the options so far include new trainers, a new coat, a new back gate, removing a tree from the garden, a heated blanket, some more crypto investing, into the holiday fund or just general savings. It's a nice thing to have to think about :)
  • BlackcatsBlackcats Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Wow Benben that's amazing! I'd do a mix and match between things for you, things for the house/garden and savings.  But then again that's probably the spending voice in me .... as it's bonus money you probably can treat yourself 
  • BuffythedebtslayerBuffythedebtslayer Forumite
    18.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    That is brilliant Benben! :) 
    Nevertheless she persisted.
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Gosh it's been a while since I posted, sorry! So, it's finally half-term here, a very welcome day at home yesterday thanks to the storm too. I have some plans for the week, as usual, but I have been quite productive ...

So the money I won is going to be spent on the gate and having two trees removed.The first quote I got for the trees was £1200  :# He was politely told where to put his quote :) Tried again and got a local company who are coming later this week and are charging me £225 + VAT, much happier with that. 

Am waiting for someone to come and quote for the gate, but also the original hottie is a carpenter and he reckons it will be about £250-£300 to have one made and fitted. Talking of him, he is (fingers crossed) coming over here on Monday!! This will be the first time he's come to mine, I always go to his usually. Hopefully he'll have a quick look at the gate while he's here :) I'm very happy as it means I've got the weekend to totally blitz the house top to bottom and make it all sparkly. There is a chance he will cancel as he may well have emergency work come in because of the storm, but hopefully he'll be here and at least it gives me the motivation to get the house done properly :)

In other news I have ordered my new phone, I was due an upgrade so did that yesterday. It was meant to come today but I had an email saying it will be Monday as they don't deliver at weekends ... I spent an hour on to their customer services saying they shouldn't have said it would be delivered today if they don't deliver at weekend?! Anyway, after getting absolutely nowhere and putting in a complaint I then received a random text from DPD saying they're delivering it between 12.30 - 1.30 today after all :)

So today will be an indoor day doing lots of cleaning, scrubbing, making everything look fabulous, as well as watching some football (ours was cancelled last night). I do need to do some shopping but will leave that until tomorrow I think.  
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    My phone turned up yesterday, I'm still getting the hang of it :)

Lots of housework has been done, in fact an estate agent could rock up right now and it would be ready for photos to go on the market, its probably the best its looked since I bought it  :D All I have left to do now is change the bedding (tomorrow morning) then hoover and mop through again. 

This morning I have been and bought a new big plant for y big pot in the conservatory (£30). No doubt I will kill this one too but it needs a big plant to finish the room off. In B&Q I also managed to find 2 orange plants reduced from £19.99 to £1 each  :o I bought them, got home and re-potted them, gave them a drink and already they're perking up :) I've always wanted a lemon or lime tree for the conservatory but the price puts me off for the size of them, anyway, lets see how these two get on, nothing lost if they don't make it.