5 months to emerge as a butterfly

edited 6 April 2020 at 9:50AM in Debt free diaries
879 replies 115.3K views

Replies

• benbenandmebenbenandme Forumite
    11.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Forumite
    So today I have done something I've been meaning to do for about 3 years - I've finally set up standing orders to move the money into my various pots when I get paid. Not sure why this has taken me this long to get around to doing, often I forget to do it / move it into the wrong pot etc, so at least now its done and I don't need to worry about that anymore :)
    Mortgage Total: £60,781 / £75,000 Mortgage End Date: May 2040
    2022 Gas/Electric extra £££ earned £663 Matched Betting profits £452.87
  • skint_spiceskint_spice Forumite
    11.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    I have just found you again, nice to see you!
    MFW year 1 overpayment £2175/£2000 MFW 2022 £1275/£2500
    Original Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Sep 28/Current Sep 35

11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Yay hello stranger! x :)
  • skint_spiceskint_spice Forumite
    11.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Our mortgage amounts are pretty similar to BBAM so it will be nice seeing them go down together - I am around £65K
    MFW year 1 overpayment £2175/£2000 MFW 2022 £1275/£2500
    Original Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Sep 28/Current Sep 35

11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Ahh, another weekend is here - this week has been a long, crazy one at work and it was only four days. Time to rest and recharge. I was planning a nice long walk this morning but the weather is foul (again), so its an indoor day doing some betting and watching the FA Cup.

I've done the food shopping (£35) but I did give in and buy a reduced tub of quality street :( Not good but there we go. 

Other than that its just the usual - washing, cleaning etc ... Life is so dull right now. 
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    What a difference a sunny morning makes - finally it was nice and bright today, so a nice walk down the beach has blown the cobwebs away. I feel so much better and got a bit of my mojo back. I've done 3 loads of washing, hoovered through, cleaned the bathroom, taken all the rubbish/recycling out and am now about to blitz ds bedroom. 

A few more betting bits and pieces have been done and added to the signature, that pot is building up nicely :)
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Feeling nicely chilled, 5,000 more steps to be done today, (will be done indoors now as its cold and dark), and then its a nice hot bubble bath. Time to start thinking about another week at work ...
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Another week is hurtling on by ... this week has been a difficult one at work. I can't say why but it involves a student I used to work with. Made me realise how attached we get to them. 

Anyway, the healthy eating is still a bit hit and miss, but I have maintained drinking my 2 litres of water a day and have done my 20,000 steps every day. Other than that the housework is pretty much under control so hopefully I can have a chilled weekend. Spends today = £1.50 on milk.
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    Morning all, a lazy laptop one so far here, but it looks like being a decent football weekend ahead so this morning I need to crack on with the housework and some steps so that I can chill and enjoy it later. 

I did the food shopping last night so that is one job out of the way, I've been doing a few betting bits this morning, that total is ticking along nicely now, not sure what it will all go towards, maybe a nice holiday one day once things are relatively normal again.

My gas/electric fixed rate runs out at the end of the month so I need to read up on the best thing to do there, I think its wait and see generally, but ultimately its going to be a big price rise whatever happens. I also need to fix the broadband deal again too.

Right, lets start with cleaning the bathroom, back in a bit :)
    11.7K Posts
    Forumite
    I got up with the intention of a walk but its been peeing down all morning so far, so I've done some jobs indoors and it seems to have nearly stopped now, so I might have some breakfast then head out.

A couple more small bets this morning are done, I may make some butternut squash soup later for lunch, I got a portion of fish pie out of the freezer for dinner. I bought a present for my sister-in -laws birthday yesterday, I need to transfer the money from my gift fund for that. Not much else to report at the moment :)